Users' feedback - SANYO 2500 replacement exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the Sanyo 2500mAh (from the replacement by AhV) as well and it is starting to fail me despite been charged for lesser than 15 times. Juz last week, I bought another 10 Eneloop batteries for a wedding. I'm not so concerned about the lower capacity (2000mAh) but it is important for me that the battery can hold its charge.

For my Eneloop, a packet of 4 x AA is $18.50 while a packet of 2 x AA is $9.50 with free delivery. PM me if you need the contact.

Cheers

Thanks Lmodel. Can pm me the name and contact?
BTW, anyone have the address for the sanyo batt replacement?

How about other brands of NiMH as replacement? I saw the energizer 2500 to day. If I believe their quality from their alkalines is passed over to their NiMH, they should be good.

Thanks Lmodel. Can pm me the name and contact?
BTW, anyone have the address for the sanyo batt replacement?

How about other brands of NiMH as replacement? I saw the energizer 2500 to day. If I believe their quality from their alkalines is passed over to their NiMH, they should be good.

how about POWEREX 2700 ??

Can we still exchange the old badge of batts now? I called the contact number but nobody seems to pick up the phone the whole day? Any contact number u know which I can call to enquire?

Just replaced mine today!
I hope they are good. Will charge them today and test them on Saturday.
wish me luck!

Day 3...battery status on my K100D still reads full. Looks like these are good ones!
But I already bought eneloops in the interim...heh heh

Still early days. Too early to tell.

the original ones did not last more than 2 days on full charge. these are still full after 4 days...
Are you saying they will deteriorate very fast?

No. I meant that the problem will only show itself after a number of usage cycles.

eh..ok...will monitor. so far charge still full.
The K100D can takes hundreds of shots on a set of 2500 batteries, so it could be a while before I hit several charge cycles...

eh..ok...will monitor. so far charge still full.
The K100D can takes hundreds of shots on a set of 2500 batteries, so it could be a while before I hit several charge cycles...

Normally you will get it by your 3rd charge.

Can still replace? I got 4x4 Sanyo 2500.. they flat out faster than I charge them.

:thumbsup: Hi all, replaced 12 of my Sanyo 2500 yesterday (10 Jan 2007). Quite fast and friendly service from Sanyo staff. Please read the following message carefully and download the 2pg forms to fill-up before you go down (pls ignore the "PAGE 1" across the middle).

Am posting this as a favor for ClubSnappers, so please DON'T ask me for further information. Call Sanyo. Cheers! ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir / Madam
Thank you for your email.

We are very sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with our Sanyo 2500mAh Ni-MH Rechargeable Battery.

You may drop by our office for a free battery check & replacement at any time of your convenience.

Do make an appointment with us for your Date / Time available & pls bring along the attach questionaire ( attachment 2 pages) so that we will be able arrange the testing & revert of the result at the soonest.

Office Address:
Sanyo Energy (Singapore) Corp. Pte Ltd
260 Orchard Road, #14-01 The Hereen, Singapore 238855
Opening hours: Mon to Fri, 9AM - 11.30AM & 1.00PM - 5.30PM
Lunch Hour: 12PM - 1PM

**Before sending us the batteries, we would like to request you
to fully charge the battery & left unuse 2 Days beforehand.
In this way, we can carry out a quick check on the battery
performance and do a on-the-spot replacement for you.
Thank you very much for your co-operation.

Regards,
Customer Service (Bee/Jasmine)
Tel: (+65) 6736 3100
Email: sales@sanyo-energy.com.sg
Sanyo Energy (S) Corp Pte Ltd

Page 1
353686993_6984b9aa39_o.jpg

Page 2
353686994_cb53ab4ace_o.jpg

Haven't change mine, no time to go down just for checking.

Why no one report this thing to CASE? they should recall all those battery or replaced them with the Eneloop battery.

I have the Sanyo 2500mAh (from the replacement by AhV) as well and it is starting to fail me despite been charged for lesser than 15 times. Juz last week, I bought another 10 Eneloop batteries for a wedding. I'm not so concerned about the lower capacity (2000mAh) but it is important for me that the battery can hold its charge.

Cheers

I also have 4 nos of the 2500 battery - also cannot hold charge...

But to get it inspected and change at orchard - Hokkien saying "feet bigger than the body" - cost me more unless on the way!!!

Haven't change mine, no time to go down just for checking.

Why no one report this thing to CASE? they should recall all those battery or replaced them with the Eneloop battery.

For the same reason why you did not report to CASE? Seriously, these are trivial things not worth taking up with CASE or the authorities. Just get them changed or swear never to buy from Sanyo again. At least, they are good enough to offer us an exchange programme.

Most people also mistakenly think CASE will take up any complaint. CASE is a membership body. They need funds to survive and they certainly cannot take up every complaint by everyone. You need to pay annual membership fee of $25 plus admin fee of $10 per complaint. It might be cheaper to just throw away your batteries and get a new set of Eneloop ones nearby???

i bought some from CSer (according to him it's new, and at that time he got a whole box to let go), so how should i fill in the shop name?

hi i just bought 4 eneloop batts...wonder if they are faulty as well cos i tried charging them on my GBP charger and its always red light even when the batts are very hot..definitely not normal

:thumbsup: Hi all, replaced 12 of my Sanyo 2500 yesterday (10 Jan 2007). Quite fast and friendly service from Sanyo staff. Please read the following message carefully and download the 2pg forms to fill-up before you go down (pls ignore the "PAGE 1" across the middle).

Am posting this as a favor for ClubSnappers, so please DON'T ask me for further information. Call Sanyo. Cheers! ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir / Madam
Thank you for your email.

We are very sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with our Sanyo 2500mAh Ni-MH Rechargeable Battery.

You may drop by our office for a free battery check & replacement at any time of your convenience.

Do make an appointment with us for your Date / Time available & pls bring along the attach questionaire ( attachment 2 pages) so that we will be able arrange the testing & revert of the result at the soonest.

Office Address:
Sanyo Energy (Singapore) Corp. Pte Ltd
260 Orchard Road, #14-01 The Hereen, Singapore 238855
Opening hours: Mon to Fri, 9AM - 11.30AM & 1.00PM - 5.30PM
Lunch Hour: 12PM - 1PM

**Before sending us the batteries, we would like to request you
to fully charge the battery & left unuse 2 Days beforehand.
In this way, we can carry out a quick check on the battery
performance and do a on-the-spot replacement for you.
Thank you very much for your co-operation.

Regards,
Customer Service (Bee/Jasmine)
Tel: (+65) 6736 3100
Email: sales@sanyo-energy.com.sg
Sanyo Energy (S) Corp Pte Ltd

Do I need to email or just call them before going down?

Status
Not open for further replies.