Users' feedback - SANYO 2500 replacement exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.
tks said:
Hi,

Based on what you say, yours may be a different problem altogether. Maybe you use your battery so often that it is nearing its useful life?

The "unable to hold charge" problem refers to the inability of the battery to hold the charge if left unused for a few days. I don't think it refers to how long the battery can last. And I understand the problem was only for a few batches of 2500 mAh batteries, and not other batches. Not the AAAs.

but the thing is... i've only used it like just a few times since i bought the 2500 AA + 900 AAA

anyway... sanyo replied and the timing/schedule is not possible for me... its like, take half a day off from work just to send my batteries?

oh how about charging other Nimh batteries like GP on my sanyo charger? would that actually cause any problems? i mean both are Nimh batteries...

I am giving up on Sanyo, period! Exchanged the 2500 with AhV, worked ok for a few charge cycles, and wham, back to square one again.

thanks for the feedback, Bro DP....... I have already informed them :embrass:

so a little frustrated la... since the only time they are opened (according to their email reply) is obviously while i'm at work...

dun feel its like worth it to travel down in order to just get my batteries exchanged...

and its not like i have 20 pcs of them batteries...

so question is...

what now?

i've hardly used the 2500 sanyo's liaoz... (in fact i've never used it~! since they can hardly last for a while)

and i'm using the sanyo charger to charge my GP 2100 AA and GP 650/700/750 AAA (sheesh i dun use my batteries for high drain devices la kinda give up already)

anyone can suggest or pm me or something?

I would like to share my experimence.

I bought 4 energizer 2500 batteries this Feb. and i found the same problem. The charge cannot last long. i know these batteries are also OEMed by SANYO.

I am not sure energizer can solve this problem for me, but i still called them and reported this problem. To my surprise, they did a good job for my report. They came to my office to take away the batteries to have a test. after one month or more, they send me back a set of new batteries. beside they also sent me a small bag as a gift for this repair. the new batteires are very ok. no loss of charge is found even after two months.

doverblk31 said:
I would like to share my experimence.

I bought 4 energizer 2500 batteries this Feb. and i found the same problem. The charge cannot last long. i know these batteries are also OEMed by SANYO.

I am not sure energizer can solve this problem for me, but i still called them and reported this problem. To my surprise, they did a good job for my report. They came to my office to take away the batteries to have a test. after one month or more, they send me back a set of new batteries. beside they also sent me a small bag as a gift for this repair. the new batteires are very ok. no loss of charge is found even after two months.

wah very big difference wor ur case...

energiser so good come down to collect on ur behalf... instead of the customer come to their office...

was it just for your case or did it appear as if its what they do for everyone...

if an oem can give a better service than the actual manufacturers, that says quite a big deal on Sanyo lerh...

henrylim said:
Give me Powerex 2500 anytime. They hold charge so much better.. :)

funny I got 8 pcs of Powerex before I went to Sanyo to change my 32 pcs of 2500's - ok be more accurate to say I brought down my 32 pcs they check them and got backed to after about 4 hours to say they will replace all 32, all the Powerex now will charge up but after a day or so the charge drops to 60%, some of the replace Sanyo's show this tool ; some do not.

So I would not be so gung ho about Powerex.

ellery said:
funny I got 8 pcs of Powerex before I went to Sanyo to change my 32 pcs of 2500's - ok be more accurate to say I brought down my 32 pcs they check them and got backed to after about 4 hours to say they will replace all 32, all the Powerex now will charge up but after a day or so the charge drops to 60%, some of the replace Sanyo's show this tool ; some do not.

So I would not be so gung ho about Powerex.
I used Maya charger in fast charge mode. I think the charger plays an important part of the whole battery charging process... :) Used to have a Konnoc charger that report full charge and then when I shoot for less than 20 shots flat liao... Now, with the Maya, the same set of batteries last much longer.. :)

kairin said:
wah very big difference wor ur case...

energiser so good come down to collect on ur behalf... instead of the customer come to their office...

was it just for your case or did it appear as if its what they do for everyone...

if an oem can give a better service than the actual manufacturers, that says quite a big deal on Sanyo lerh...

I am not sure how engerzier treated with other cases. but from my talk with their service engineer (or the manager), it seems she did not receive other complains except me. i even recommendation her to read the threads on the problematic SANYO 2500 batteries from this forum.:bsmilie:

My SANYO batt are "05-03A0". It lose charge complete after a week. Is it abnormal?

mine loses charge after 2days. thats sick, but i wont be bothering to change tho i have like 3sets of them, would jus be switching to other brands, no more sanyo for me. :(

henrylim said:
Give me Powerex 2500 anytime. They hold charge so much better.. :)
My Powerex bought some months ago from EG during their promotion as the distributor, have the same problem as Sanyo.
Left untouch, in a week, no juice left.:angry:
My Sanyo 2100 charge before the Powerex still holding their charge.:dunno:
Anybody have the same experience.:think:

Huh! Powerex also showing signs that they cannot hold charge? Then what batteries to use? Konnoc?

Hi,

If you believe that the PowerEx 2500 has problems, just bring it back to us.

No need to charge 1 day before hand, no need to email us before hand. We are open Mon to Fri 11am to 8pm and up to 7pm on Sat. All we need it proof of purchase.

erha said:
My Powerex bought some months ago from EG during their promotion as the distributor, have the same problem as Sanyo.
Left untouch, in a week, no juice left.:angry:
My Sanyo 2100 charge before the Powerex still holding their charge.:dunno:
Anybody have the same experience.:think:

So far my sets of replaced Sanyo 2500s, mostly 06-01-0A batch, with one set being the 06-05-0A batch, have been holding their charge pretty well, i.e. a month after last charge and still pretty much usable and top up charge only yields a little more capacity, well within reasonable self discharge rate.

A little OT here, has anyone seen the Sanyo 2700 packs of 4 with the battery case available anywhere? So far only seen packs of 2 being sold.

hi....i did not read this thread before and bought 8 sanyo AA 2500mah two weeks ago.

I have just used my batteries once...not using them constantly cuz only on weekends...

is there a way to find out if my batteries belongs to the faulty batch? and testin them with just a multimeter will just work ?

tdubs said:
hi....i did not read this thread before and bought 8 sanyo AA 2500mah two weeks ago.

I have just used my batteries once...not using them constantly cuz only on weekends...

is there a way to find out if my batteries belongs to the faulty batch? and testin them with just a multimeter will just work ?
You might want to list out the batches of batteries you currently have. They are engraved on the batteries itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.