Users' feedback - SANYO 2500 replacement exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.
2006 batch are "Made in China"

Made is where is fine with me as long as QC is good. :)

Exchanged mine too. Yet to test it as camera broke down. :(

luckily, i came to this forum.....I almost throw away 12 pcs.

ahlow said:
luckily, i came to this forum.....I almost throw away 12 pcs.
Unlucky those who never come to this forum :cry: .

And Sanyo... You are bad :angry: .

Regards,
Arto.

I changed 8 pieces about a month back and they have proven to be even better than my 2300s. Held a "full" charge for longer and took many more shots. My previous 2500s barely lasted half the longevity of the 2300s.

I'm definitely not buying the latest 2700s (or better) until 1 year after release.

Just managed to get online despite my on-going ICT :)

As for those who have been still calling me about replacing their 'bad' SANYOs, please be informed that I am having my ICT now and I have currently no more stocks on hand - other than rueyloon. I will arrange to draw out more stocks when I return the 'bad batteries on hand' back to them. If you can visit them during office hours, kindly do so. I will try to assist those who cant make it during these hours.... you would have to pick them up from my studio tho ... Thanks for your kind understanding in advance. Some of you had made valid points...rest assured that I will give them your feedback. Have mercy on me...dun takan me :bsmilie:

Lastly, I have also been informed that SANYO has visited EG ..so I reckon BIGBELLY has oredi gotten some form of explanation or reassurance as no details were given to me.

If you have collected your replacements from me, do continue to monitor your new batteries and feedback to me accordingly. I would like to reiterate that I DO NOT work for SANYO... I am just returning a favour back to this wonderful community. Be kind to me :lovegrin: ...I have made a lot of new friends with strong interest in photography here. If we always expect sth in return, life will get 'complex' as we will think too much and too much thots will hold us back in doing sth.

Although I have been reading a lot of 'unusual/ hostile activities' in our forum lately, I do hope we can relive our old times when we were a friendly community. If only we are a 'family', we may have a higher tolerance level :)

Meanwhile, keep shooting dudes and gals ...... ;)

Cheerio !

Upzz for awareness....

AhV said:
...I am having my ICT now and I have currently no more stocks on hand - other than rueyloon. ....

ahh... great :) just let me know how to contact or reach you, my working place is at little india, just 1 stop away.

cheers

Andrea
Customer Service
DID: (+65) 68392334
Sanyo Energy (S) Corp Pte Ltd

Email : sales@sanyo-energy.com.sg

In order to show their continued committment to their users, SANYO has recruited Andrea to replace Febiv, who has since left the company to pursue her studies. Of cos, she has been a friendly and helpful staff. I am sure some of you can vouch for Febiv. Anyway, kindly get in touch with Andrea via phone or email with regards to your batteries replacement :) She will advise you accordingly. I will be working closely with her.

As for me, I am still here to serve the CS community after office hours. However, I have no stocks with me at the moment. I have yet to return the second batch of bad samples back to SANYO due to my bz schedule and ICT. Thanks for your kind understanding and continuous support to SANYO :lovegrin:

Upzz for awareness.....

AhV said:
In order to show their continued committment to their users, SANYO has replaced Febiv with Andrea.

Febiv may have left the company and Andrea has taken over her role. But I am not sure if your comment above is necessary. Seems to suggest that somehow Febiv has not performed.

tks said:
Febiv may have left the company and Andrea has taken over her role. But I am not sure if your comment above is necessary. Seems to suggest that somehow Febiv has not performed.

aiya..if you read back the posts you know what he means lah. maybe his english not as power as yours. ;p

tks said:
Febiv was only an attachment staff there, not full time.

IMHO, the staff at Sanyo are just wonderful, especially to Jasmine who attended my exchange.
Guys, be fair to AhV, he is just helping out .... go to Sanyo direct and I am sure your problem will be solved immediately.

I had my changed. 8 pcs.
Happy user now. and confident restore for Sanyo rechargable Battery.:thumbsup: :D

Hi AhV,

No hard feelings. Just felt that the original choice of words may not be suitable and if you are Febiv reading the post, you may feel hurt. Anyway, I see that you have edited your post. Good for you, and also your help.

wa.....:bigeyes:

This thread has became a sticky..... :)

i will do my best for this community :thumbsup:

yikes, ive been using lots o sanyo batts for cam and computer gear (wireless kb, mouse, etc) and was not aware of such probs. better monitor the ones i have for similar probs.

Replaced 20pcs of 2500mAh to 06-05-0A. Andrea was helpful. :)

kairin said:
Hey guys~!

i'm glad to have visited this forum thread.

its been some months that i've bought like 12 sticks of Sanyo's 2500 batteries.

All will charge for a couple of hours. but will last on my wireless mouse or any battery dependant device for half hour or less...

I thought of throwing them away... (same goes for the 900 AAA)

Andrea
Customer Service
DID: (+65) 68392334
Sanyo Energy (S) Corp Pte Ltd
Email : sales@sanyo-energy.com.sg

In order to show their continued committment to their users, SANYO has recruited Andrea to replace Febiv, who has since left the company to pursue her studies. Of cos, she has been a friendly and helpful staff. I am sure some of you can vouch for Febiv. Anyway, kindly get in touch with Andrea via phone or email with regards to your batteries replacement She will advise you accordingly. I will be working closely with her.

As for me, I am still here to serve the CS community after office hours. However, I have no stocks with me at the moment. I have yet to return the second batch of bad samples back to SANYO due to my bz schedule and ICT. Thanks for your kind understanding and continuous support to SANYO

Upzz for awareness.....​

should i contact andrea about it?

or Ahv?

regards

here's a portion of the email i sent to the email address

"I've had a few sets of 2300mAh Sanyo Batteries, since early 2005.

I've bought a few sets of 2500mAh AA batteries in Nov of 2005. Since getting those 2500mAh, I've noticed that when I charge them with my Sanyo charger (till the red light goess off) and when I try to use the batteries, my wireless mouse lasts only for about half an hour before it behaves as if it ran out of battery.

Using the 2300 AA batteries however, my mouse will last about 5 days before I have to replace the batteries.

I've kept the 2500 batteries since then thinking it is the fault of the charger and have stopped using both the 2300 and the 2500.

I've came across this forum thread recently that mentions some problems with the 2500 and that they were able to be replaced.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=2336899#post2336899

i've had 6 AA batteries 2500mAh Sanyo, and they don't hold the charge for more than half hour.

04 12 0a
05 01 0a

i think that's what the numbers are at the side...

I have 4 pcs of AAA batteries 900mAh with the same problem. bought at the same day with the 6 pieces of batteries. Bought at mustafa centre.

05 01 00

the numbers are just too small. to read.

any advice?"

kairin said:
here's a portion of the email i sent to the email address

"I've had a few sets of 2300mAh Sanyo Batteries, since early 2005.

I've bought a few sets of 2500mAh AA batteries in Nov of 2005. Since getting those 2500mAh, I've noticed that when I charge them with my Sanyo charger (till the red light goess off) and when I try to use the batteries, my wireless mouse lasts only for about half an hour before it behaves as if it ran out of battery.

Using the 2300 AA batteries however, my mouse will last about 5 days before I have to replace the batteries.

I've kept the 2500 batteries since then thinking it is the fault of the charger and have stopped using both the 2300 and the 2500.

I've came across this forum thread recently that mentions some problems with the 2500 and that they were able to be replaced.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=2336899#post2336899

i've had 6 AA batteries 2500mAh Sanyo, and they don't hold the charge for more than half hour.

04 12 0a
05 01 0a

i think that's what the numbers are at the side...

I have 4 pcs of AAA batteries 900mAh with the same problem. bought at the same day with the 6 pieces of batteries. Bought at mustafa centre.

05 01 00

the numbers are just too small. to read.

any advice?"

Hi,

Based on what you say, yours may be a different problem altogether. Maybe you use your battery so often that it is nearing its useful life?

The "unable to hold charge" problem refers to the inability of the battery to hold the charge if left unused for a few days. I don't think it refers to how long the battery can last. And I understand the problem was only for a few batches of 2500 mAh batteries, and not other batches. Not the AAAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.