Users' feedback - SANYO 2500 replacement exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhV

Jun 10, 2004
Northland
Refer to here ..... it has been weeks ...any batt problem should ve kicked in by now ;)

Dear users who were involved in the batteries replacement exercise,

can I have some feedback on the replacement batteries. Did they perform up to your expectations ? It has been awfully quiet on these replacements other than some new threads on the expected quick discharge by other users. Does that mean they have performed well ? :think:

For the benefit of SANYO and all CSers, your feedback would be useful to all. Of cos, I understand some of you have given up and purchased other makes :) Seriously, any feedback would be deeply appreciated. Remember I get nth out of this. I just want all of us to have a reliable source of power during our shoots. With constructive feedbacks, it would be useful to manufacturers as they can improve their future products..... dun just complain ...think WIN-WIN situation :lovegrin: Rest assured that if I have updates, I will keep all of you posted.

If you are reading this for the first time, you may be pleased to know that all is not lost as SANYO is committed to offering you a solution. Most of us here are already using their replacement batteries.

Thank You for reading.

thanks AhV for ur help..

my replacements are far better than the replaced-s...

thanks again..

Hi AhV

The new batteries are working great! Haven had any problems with it yet and discharge rate is almost negligible (almost a month after I charge and it is still holding charges).

Thanks for the effort!

Kudos :thumbsup: to AhV for his relentless effort to make CS a better place to all budding photographers.

As for my feedback, the 4 sets of 2500 replacements have only went thru full discharged and charged ard 7-8 times. All seems to be able to hold the charge pretty well. One set wasnt in use for 1 month plus and I'm quite surprised to see my flash charging up pretty fast.

All thanks to AhV ;p

Lmodel said:
Hi AhV

The new batteries are working great! Haven had any problems with it yet and discharge rate is almost negligible (almost a month after I charge and it is still holding charges).

Thanks for the effort!

:thumbsup: news .... thanks for the feedback ..glad it was worth my while to do u guys this favour

about 8 of my batteries seem to be discharging very quickly.

hmm.... :dunno: might have to bring to hereen.

ortega said:
is the replacement exercise still on?
Wow.. I didn't know about this until now. I have been living with recharging the batteries just before using them.

Thanks for the effort, AhV. I'm presently using a hodge-podge of Sanyo2500s (replaced), Konnoc2500s and Fujifilm2300s (came with camera). Have been heavily shooting since 4 Jan, doing 700-1500 shots per day, 2-3 times a week. Hope the following figures will be of use to Sanyo. Do note that these are approx figures as we (my photog and I) swop batteries during the shoot. All batteries run on a tray of 4 pcs. And we are using S3 Pros, portrait (non-VR) lenses, strobes.

Konnoc2500 - avg 700++ shots (low-batt indicator)
Sanyo2500 - avg 400++ shots (no low-batt indication at all)
Fujifilm2300 - avg 250-300 shots (low-batt indicator)

My next batches of batts will most likely be Powerex or Konnoc (if I can find back the cheap price I got mine at). Mine are shooting assignments and I honestly won't want to risk the kind of glitches that Sanyo (or GP from a prior experience) has given me. I'm sure this thread will find its way to Sanyo. And yes, one bad experience is enough for me.

Cheers.

hi, i have eight sanyo 2500 batteries. was a little slow and missed the replacement exercise. is there any way i can get them replaced? or should i just buy new ones?

sorry for the trouble. for the longest time i keep wondering why my batteries always run out even though they are high capacity. gave up and used alkaline for a few months. $$$ :(

p.s. good work AhV :thumbsup:

Me also ... Just wondering if the exchange exercise is still on ....
I know the address to Sanyo was on the forum some time ago ... but can't find it now ....
Anybody got any news or info ... Please share .... Thanks

RGDs

Apologies for OT.

I'm not sure I fall into the "quick discharging" issue... but my 10 Sanyo 2500 batts cannot even hold charge.

Any advice if I can have them replaced?

thanks

Many dun use the "SEARCH".

Some dun even read the post or check the links...

Refer to #11 to see if your batteries production number fell r within the lot of faulty batteries.

Refer to #15 to see the address of Sanyo and have them check out for you.

Thanks to AhV, my replaced 4 batts are working as expected, after a couple of cycles, after fully charged on my maha charger, left them standing idle for a few weeks, placed back onto my maha charger set to slow charge, lights from red to green in 2-3 hours instead of >10 hours. :)

my replacement sanyos are performing way better than the faulty batch. they seem to be holding their charge quite well for a few weeks. while they may not last as long as my konnocs, they are way better than before. very happy liao :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.