Thoughts on LEICA M ?

Not only about fashion, but this is extremely limited set with titanium limited lenses that will appreciate in price.

If you are considering M9, welcome to the club! Lots of fun and learning to use a real rangefinder!

Thats called and M6 or M7 ;)

Inclusive of GST, right?

In Asia, Leica cameras are priced higher than US. Almost on par with EU.

I purchased the SF58 Leica flash for less than SGD$900 in US last June which retails for SGD$1200 in SG & TW.

As for M body, due to over demand, I am unable to do the same off the shelf purchase when I'm in US this year,...so no choice to pay for the extra from SG.

More Rich Here..... so dealers charge more !!! :(

tonyep said:
No surprise. It seems they're increasing production for their lenses instead. Many e-tailers are having them in stocks for some of the most sought lenses which usually are on back-ordered.

True. But body n lens production is different dept. Guess its more of finalizing d firmware n testing.

Leica better haf an awesome new M tat can tease d existing m9 users to upgrade. Haha

Q1 M240 delivery was published by Leica earlier.
Till date, no update by Leica if any delay to Q2.
...time to buy more R lenses b/f more demand for them after M240 delivery!

Q1 M240 delivery was published by Leica earlier.
Till date, no update by Leica if any delay to Q2.
...time to buy more R lenses b/f more demand for them after M240 delivery!

Especially the telephoto Rs...

There was a Field Test article on M240, GPS feature of M240 + more.... on March '13 issue of LFI.
In the field test article, more details on Live view, EVF and focus peaking were published. It is interesting to learn that the feature on 'auto detect and switch on focus peaking or manification' upon moving the focusing tab/ring of lens only limits to M mount lenses and not R lenses and other lenses using adaptor mounts.
I found some of the pics shown in prints revealed more depth and details (more like M9 shots) compared over the same pics published by Jean earlier over the internet that received many disappointment notes.

IMHO, Leica glass is the reason many of us choose to use Leica cameras.
In current marketplace,there is no mirroless or rangefinder camera that accepts Leica glass that outperforms the M9 or M240 putting cost aside.
I have confidence that the critics will just shut up and move away when the M240 hits the market in coming months.

https://www.facebook.com/blog.mingthein/posts/408329205924092
Just been given the green light from Solms. M 240 article - all five thousand words of it and about forty images - goes live on mingthein.com tomorrow.

This is going to be the first in-depth look at the M 240 online, a product of my involvement in the development and testing of the camera. It will also be the most comprehensive camera review I've ever written, which means that...well, good luck to the other blogs.

https://www.facebook.com/blog.mingthein/posts/408329205924092
Just been given the green light from Solms. M 240 article - all five thousand words of it and about forty images - goes live on mingthein.com tomorrow.

This is going to be the first in-depth look at the M 240 online, a product of my involvement in the development and testing of the camera. It will also be the most comprehensive camera review I've ever written, which means that...well, good luck to the other blogs.

You have been stalking on Leica M 240 info too? A sign... Good... I believe it will be a great camera that can fully utilize the potentials of all the top notch Leica glasses... That said, prepare to sell kidneys and part of livers for it. Cheers.

Just completed reading Meng Thein's article a few mins ago ,...and LFI M240 field test last evening.
Humm...Comforting!

Next,...when can I get my hands on a M240???

Last edited:
You have been stalking on Leica M 240 info too? A sign... Good... I believe it will be a great camera that can fully utilize the potentials of all the top notch Leica glasses... That said, prepare to sell kidneys and part of livers for it. Cheers.

follow only. not buying. LOL

anyway, the review is up The 2013 Leica M Typ 240 – Ming Thein | Photographer

hahaha. tio posion yes. but buying ... confirm 100% will not happen. got one more mouth to feed leh.

wait for cheaper verison (NEX FF) :bsmilie:

U never know, kena ToTo tonite 10 million, U can immediately pre order wif Leica. LOL

Reid Reviews of the M is also out.

Considered the M a few months ago......... Bah get the RX1..... saved some (lots) money... Got a potentially better sensor..... $16K for a body and lens - decided against it. ( I once had the M9P..... my Leica days are over )

Considered the M a few months ago......... Bah get the RX1..... saved some (lots) money... Got a potentially better sensor..... $16K for a body and lens - decided against it. ( I once had the M9P..... my Leica days are over )

Undecided whether to get the RX1 now while waiting for the M.. Waiting on some comparison images with the X100s.