The Unicorn has Finally Appeared - Pentax Announces its FF camera at CP+

When a new camera is released, the new features mentioned on paper are more likely generate discussions about the technical aspects of the camera first, so I think it is a natural thing for all including myself to want to do.

It's when the camera is released will we know how much we are able to get out of it. Then we can talk about the merits of the camera in helping us out to bring our artistic talents (or lack of it :bsmilie:).

So please just enjoy talking about camera specs till the end of this year and don't feel ashamed about it.

One thing I will say is if you're onto FF, it is really important to get the best lenses out there. I'm afraid the older Pentax FF lenses might just not hack it with today's sensors.

I feel some de ja vu. Cough Cough...:bsmilie:

so looking forward to shooting macro with this new body. 55mm, 90mm, 100mm, 105mm, 125mm.

darn.... if only i had been more diligent to hunt for the 200mm. now price will be way out of reach.

A* 200 macro, thought u already bought it :(

Personally, I think we should be happy FF is coming.
Not generating all the self doubts.
We have waited a long time and come a long way.

I'm sure we've had enough of all the "I've jumped ship, my new stuff is great and all you guys are losers" talk (esp common on PF).
My picts are to tell ppl here that the lenses work well (mostly), in fact many work great and coupled with the smallish size of the lenses, they do make a very nice smallish FF system. ;)
Rather than look down and feel small, I do hope everyone will look up and be proud of what they have.

can't help it. nowadays so many people very busybody. Instead of focus in making pics, they keep telling others what gears to use. digital camera users condemn film camera users, full frame users condemn aps-c users, mirrorless camera users condemn dslr users, and so on... :p

so yeah, we should be happy FF is coming. more choices to pick :)

Last edited:
So please just enjoy talking about camera specs till the end of this year and don't feel ashamed about it.

:D :D
Well said!

Keep the interest up!
We really need the rain after the long drought.

Rumor has it the camera will arrive 2015. It is undergoing testing right now. They are starting from scratch on the glass road map for this one and the new line up will include Limited. Just passing along information gentleman... :)

can't help it. nowadays so many people very busybody. Instead of focus in making pics, they keep telling others what gears to use. digital camera users condemn film camera users, full frame users condemn aps-c users, mirrorless camera users condemn dslr users, and so on... :p

so yeah, we should be happy FF is coming. more choices to pick :)

well said...:cheers:

Well Done Ricoh on building the new BAD-ASS FF Camera
Hopefully this new FF is fitted with "SPLIT FOCUS SCREEN" this will make it convenient to re-use legacy FF Manual Lenses & nail the focus.

Well Done Ricoh on building the new BAD-ASS FF Camera
Hopefully this new FF is fitted with "SPLIT FOCUS SCREEN" this will make it convenient to re-use legacy FF Manual Lenses & nail the focus.

Yes, please have a bright split focus screen option. Best way to manually focus.

It will be interesting how many who have moved on or own other camera brands will come back and own this Pentax FF.
The new FF will have to over deliver to even come close to current offerings in terms of price and spec. If there are no teething issues that have plagued cameras like the D600 or D750, I see a good opportunity for Pentax to create a loyal following.

For a FF DSLR price of between 2-2.5k is considered reasonable. Hope the body is as compact as possible. Many waited for too long and already turned old so do not have the strength to handle a weighty camera. Aching arms and aching shoulders.

For a FF DSLR price of between 2-2.5k is considered reasonable. Hope the body is as compact as possible. Many waited for too long and already turned old so do not have the strength to handle a weighty camera. Aching arms and aching shoulders.

And aching back:bsmilie::bsmilie:

otc

Seems the rumours sensor for the pentax FF is a 36mp sensor without low pass filter...hope pentax really can do some magical touch. :)

Seems the rumours sensor for the pentax FF is a 36mp sensor without low pass filter...hope pentax really can do some magical touch. :)

so high MP ah?! need to upgrade PP setup if buy...

was hoping 24MP...

so high MP ah?! need to upgrade PP setup if buy...

was hoping 24MP...

Its a rumours spec...hahaha...ya i also worry...but so far pentax done well with sensor they bought from....so just hope they do so this time....

It is sort of hard for me to understand their strategy for releasing a FF into a very crowded market FF market where DSLR sells are in decline and the two majors are getting their @sses handed to them by a Sony FF mirrorless camera. They are so very late to the game. What do they know that we don't?

Last edited:
so looking forward to shooting macro with this new body. :lovegrin: 55mm, 90mm, 100mm, 105mm, 125mm.

darn.... if only i had been more diligent to hunt for the 200mm. now price will be way out of reach.

Might be that the APSC sales are slowing down so a new novelty is needed?

I am thinking of forming a buyer interest list when the camera finally arrives.
I am sure if we can get 8-10ppl and buy from just one shop, they should be able to give us a better price than if we just by scattered by ourselves.