The Unicorn has Finally Appeared - Pentax Announces its FF camera at CP+

As far as I know, it's still a pre prototype, not even a final prototype yet. So the shape and features are not confirmed. They haven't even given it a name yet.

Let's hope it really can hit the market by Oct or Nov, then you won't have problem spending your year end bonus :bsmilie:

Most importantly, please, oh PLEASE Ricoh-Pentax!

Get your basic features right!

$ForumRunner_20150205_102655.png

If it's gonna be how they implement the AF points into the 645z currently as above, might as well just put on lesser or even ONE AF point so that it will be cheaper for us and not so retarded.. LoL!

Last edited:
Time to start selling my nxxxx gear :p

If I can nitpick, the only thing I find not nice is it looks damn squarish, especially at the mode dial area there. BUT that's my personal "sexy factor" ah.. Hahaha!

Anyway, if it really is true, then I guess the only thing I can share is, for those who are even giving it 1% consideration of getting it, please, grab whatever A lenses you can right now. Especially those el cheapo A28/2.8, A35/2.8, A50/2 or 1.7, etc..

Coz flippers gonna have a ball of a time soon.. LoL!

why get the A lenses? The autofocus on the new ff wun work on the F, FA and FAJ lenses?

why get the A lenses? The autofocus on the new ff wun work on the F, FA and FAJ lenses?

Because SyncGuy is a A lens collector

Rationale #1

Coz cheap enough to try in comparison to F and FA lenses. E.g. A28/2.8 is like s$100 currently?
Don't like, next time can sell for:

a) not much loss
b) profit (flippers alert!)

Rationale #2

Price will go up! Cheap enough to just buy up all if you want to flip, baby, flip!

Just here to congratulate everyone in Pentax on this ;)

the pentaprism design reminds me of the sony A900 / A850 ff cameras before DSLTs and mirrorless FFs came into play

Wow this news made my day!

Rationale #1

Coz cheap enough to try in comparison to F and FA lenses. E.g. A28/2.8 is like s$100 currently?
Don't like, next time can sell for:

a) not much loss
b) profit (flippers alert!)

Rationale #2

Price will go up! Cheap enough to just buy up all if you want to flip, baby, flip!

OOooo so profiting means flipping maybe these people can go make roti prata buy $1 flour and make 10 pratas sell $2 per piece hahahaha, nice one bro!

It's Finally Coming!!!!............. okie should be for real cause now not April yet...........;p

Can throw nx1 Liao zen

No so soon lah ....you know they have been harping about the Pentax Digital FF since God-knows-when ........ until we get to see and touch it ....it's just gonna be as mystical as the unicorn. :)

Most importantly, please, oh PLEASE Ricoh-Pentax!

Get your basic features right!

View attachment 6697

If it's gonna be how they implement the AF points into the 645z currently as above, might as well just put on lesser or even ONE AF point so that it will be cheaper for us and not so retarded.. LoL!

Good one .....lolx

the pentaprism design reminds me of the sony A900 / A850 ff cameras before DSLTs and mirrorless FFs came into play

Maybe they cannibalized parts from the Sony A900 for this. But only time will tell. as it is still on the drawing board.......