The CS Bowlers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, guys its been awhile since I've bowled.

how can I achieve to a more defined hook ?

my old ball which I think is center weighted (I think, cause it hooks slightly only) its 14lbs I think, columbia scout reactive.

right handed.

Get more revs into the ball or drop your ball speed if you're missing the breakpoint. Anyway, i dun think the core is as important as the coverstock? Not very sure about this though.

:devil:

DCA is thinking of using his 2 balls below. Lighter othen 8lbs tho. :p

Wait it's bigger and heavier leh? :think: :bsmilie:

hey deno pro bro :) does a glove help give you more hook consistency? i never use before but am thinking of getting to improve consistency.

How is the first CS bowling team training still on?;)
hehahha.. good way to put it.. but nope...

dun see any CS bowling teams.. except a few of us gathering to roll roll~ hehhe

Yes my frd, it still on at the respective timing.

MT Faber SAFRA superbowl, 5th Nov, 10am

1. Bluestrike
2. Kegler
3. Singscott

Those that wan to come pls do so...and add your name to it~

hey deno pro bro :) does a glove help give you more hook consistency? i never use before but am thinking of getting to improve consistency.

I'm no pro or expert but I think it should help somewhat since it keeps your wrist angle consistent? However, your hand position at release also matters so if you don't have that nailed down, i dun think it will help that much? :dunno:

Wrist guard does give you some consistency. But it one of those thing once you use it, you can not do without it. That why I can not bowl without my pro release wrist guard. Tried to bowl without score drop like ****.

Wrist guard does give you some consistency. But it one of those thing once you use it, you can not do without it. That why I can not bowl without my pro release wrist guard. Tried to bowl without score drop like ****.

Haha. Same prob here. I was reading how pros don't use wrist guards because they need to "un-cup" the wrist through the release to generate more revs so I tried it out without my Revcon glove. Bad idea. Wrists not used to the lack of support and I have problems keeping it cupped through the swing and into the release. :cry:

Oh well. Whatever works. More revs also doesn't mean more strikes. Hur hur. My problem is getting the ball into the right spot in the pocket consistently. :sweat:

For those who wanna know more...please join us this sunday at safra mount faber superbowl
Here all words... read already also wun understand fully... down there demostration + explaination better ;)

Cheers!

For those who wanna know more...please join us this sunday at safra mount faber superbowl
Here all words... read already also wun understand fully... down there demostration + explaination better ;)

Cheers!

i will find sometime to join you guys for demonstration next time. am going for reservist coming 3weeks so cant join.

=)
Mt Faber sounds good.

hey thanks for all the advice guys - hmm sounds like getting a glove is quite a big decision to make hor but i tink i cant resist being the equipment lover i am :p

So i supposed pro release wrist guard and Revcon are good to get ya, where best to buy?

hey guys, wish i could join u all for the demo but im not free to go down this sun so have fun!

eh colin, enjoy your reservist bro! mine coming soon too :(

I've heard people say Mechatecter is supposed to be very good too. Tested it at the shop after my first storm glove died but I didn't like the feel + the fact that the wrist is not really locked (you can move it towards you but not backwards which is where a screw or something you adjust holds it up). Ended up with the Revcon and it's been surviving me well for many years now.

Ken Pro Shop at Victor's superbowl sells it. http://www.kenproshop.com/location.htm

I've heard people say Mechatecter is supposed to be very good too. Tested it at the shop after my first storm glove died but I didn't like the feel + the fact that the wrist is not really locked (you can move it towards you but not backwards which is where a screw or something you adjust holds it up). Ended up with the Revcon and it's been surviving me well for many years now.

Ken Pro Shop at Victor's superbowl sells it. http://www.kenproshop.com/location.htm

Last time...quite long ago.... hee... i release the mechactecter's lock... which means its free wrist...

thanks bro for the advice - heard a lot of good stuff with Mechatecter and Keg's point is good too, can slowly break away from dependency - i tink i will just wear both and see which feel better lor

Up this for tomorrow roll fest;) Join CS bowler.

MT Faber SAFRA superbowl, 5th Nov, 10am

1. Bluestrike
2. Kegler
3. Singscott

Status
Not open for further replies.