The CS Bowlers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
just playing for fun last night... i use 10-11 already felt heavy, the 8-9 hole too small...

13-15, think i need to go gym 1st...

Get a 12 or 13 in that case. =)

You can go 2 Lbs more as custom drilled ball will fit better and not feel that heavy. whats more, you have botten a glove? (is it a solid guard? To prevent your wrist from bending?). That guard will help to increase the weight of the ball you hold as well as prevent wrist breaking to add revolutions to the hook. =)

Cheers,
tltan

Get a 12 or 13 in that case. =)

You can go 2 Lbs more as custom drilled ball will fit better and not feel that heavy. whats more, you have botten a glove? (is it a solid guard? To prevent your wrist from bending?). That guard will help to increase the weight of the ball you hold as well as prevent wrist breaking to add revolutions to the hook. =)

Cheers,
tltan

gotten those normal leather with a slap inside, cos i got a fractured wrist before.

DCA... when u drill a ball to fit ur hand properly/nicely/comfortably... and with proper technique to bowl... easy any singaporean guy can handle a 13lb with no sweat... i've seen many 10-12yrs old kid using 14-15lbs to bowl... give it a try...14lb for a start... if u r really interested in enjoying bowling better i suggest u take up some basic bowling lesson ...not sure from where...but i think there are some lessons conducted at the bowling alley... incase pple think i only talk the walk and not e other way...im using a 15lb myself

CSC lanes are really nice to bowl... new lanes, new place, new smell and new babes too ;) oops!

DCA... when u drill a ball to fit ur hand properly/nicely/comfortably... and with proper technique to bowl... easy any singaporean guy can handle a 13lb with no sweat... i've seen many 10-12yrs old kid using 14-15lbs to bowl... give it a try...14lb for a start... if u r really interested in enjoying bowling better i suggest u take up some basic bowling lesson ...not sure from where...but i think there are some lessons conducted at the bowling alley... incase pple think i only talk the walk and not e other way...im using a 15lb myself

CSC lanes are really nice to bowl... new lanes, new place, new smell and new babes too ;) oops!

CSC = ?

yesterday was with 2 other Csers at the Civil Servant Club (?CSC?) at Rangoon area

I started off bowling with a 12lb ball and slowly progressed to my current 14lb ones after many years. Now i'm thinking if the next ball i drill should still be 14lb or 15lb. Do you think there's any difference (other than getting more tired) in "upgrading" to a heavier ball? I read somewhere that the sweet spot these days is around 14-15lbs and one doesn't really need a 16lb ball anymore since a heavier ball actually has more resistance to picking up roll. :dunno:

Maybe we can have our bowling game at CSC bukit batok then. New place is always nice. Have side-show distractions too. Hur hur. :thumbsup:

I started off bowling with a 12lb ball and slowly progressed to my current 14lb ones after many years. Now i'm thinking if the next ball i drill should still be 14lb or 15lb. Do you think there's any difference (other than getting more tired) in "upgrading" to a heavier ball? I read somewhere that the sweet spot these days is around 14-15lbs and one doesn't really need a 16lb ball anymore since a heavier ball actually has more resistance to picking up roll. :dunno:

Maybe we can have our bowling game at CSC bukit batok then. New place is always nice. Have side-show distractions too. Hur hur. :thumbsup:

hmm...sunday usually quite full one that place... if not can go now...i live nearby only...haha

if u find that u r comfortable with ur current 14lb weight...i guess should be ok bah... i ever thought of dropping down to 14lb... just wanna enjoy bowling with a couple of friends with beer or kopi... scores doesnt really matters... haahaa...

hhehheee.. well if there is anyone that is free this coming Sat, 4th Nov, maybe we can go to Mt. Faber Safra and roll roll in the morning? say abt 10am?

ok guys,

I book 2 lanes over at Mt Faber Safra this coming Sun, 5th Nov at 10am. Those interested can come on down and roll roll roll your balls... gently down the lanes~~~ hehhehee..

I shld be in my CS t-shirt so come on and let BOWL!~

ok guys,

I book 2 lanes over at Mt Faber Safra this coming Sun, 5th Nov at 10am. Those interested can come on down and roll roll roll your balls... gently down the lanes~~~ hehhehee..

I shld be in my CS t-shirt so come on and let BOWL!~

wonder should i go or not, have a boat to catch at noon time...

which ball sir? :bsmilie:

Really depend what kind of style you want to play. Curve or they call hook style, you want a better ball, reactive or particles material. Weight normally 14 lbs and above. I use 15 and 16 lbs and able to bowl at lest 10 game with them each time. The reason not because I am strong but when you bowl the right way and have the ball drill correctly, you do not need a lot of strength to bowl.;)

hey, guys its been awhile since I've bowled.

how can I achieve to a more defined hook ?

my old ball which I think is center weighted (I think, cause it hooks slightly only) its 14lbs I think, columbia scout reactive.

right handed.

Really depend what kind of style you want to play. Curve or they call hook style, you want a better ball, reactive or particles material. Weight normally 14 lbs and above. I use 15 and 16 lbs and able to bowl at lest 10 game with them each time. The reason not because I am strong but when you bowl the right way and have the ball drill correctly, you do not need a lot of strength to bowl.;)

:devil:

DCA is thinking of using his 2 balls below. Lighter othen 8lbs tho. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.