Street scene - Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't we seen it all? Boring.

you referring to the shelters? though common, i think he has taken them with quite good compositions leh.

thread starter, you shoot wonderfully. :) nice set.

by the way, what cam are you using? a d lux 2 is a compact cam by leica right? if so, i'm really amazed with the image quality of the pictures. how much is it ah... :sweatsm: hahaha.

cheers.

mark

Haven't we seen it all? Boring.

if you don't have anything good to say, at least don't say anything at all

keep shooting thread starter

A few good snapshots here and there. Just being honest.

A few good snapshots here and there. Just being honest.

I have been enjoying the series tremendously...perhaps you can share with us yours as well? :)

Thank you all for the comments.

frametology: You are right, Dlux 2 is a compact cam by Leica. Bgt it for S$1,200 in the beginning of 2006. Must confess that it was vain on my part to pay S$200-300 more just to own the red Leica logo. Then again, this is my very first digi-cam and will love to have a chance to own a Leica camera.

kenso: Point noted. Am aware that it can get repetitive and stale as the thread grows with more images but not backed up by fresh perspectives and approaches. Will keep learning, practicing and strive to improve.

Learn to edit as well. Way too much redundant photos in this thread. I seriously doubt whether you know what's good or not? Maybe just select a few good shots would be sufficient. It's the quality not quantity that counts.

Interesting series! :thumbsup: Keep the works coming in! :)

hmmm.... all these pics looks familiar...
I think I saw these pics on digicam some days ago... :think:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Learn to edit as well. Way too much redundant photos in this thread. I seriously doubt whether you know what's good or not? Maybe just select a few good shots would be sufficient. It's the quality not quantity that counts.

Ok and noted with thanks but hey, let's take it easy and close the case.
PS: This is not the idol competition where the judge makes remarks on the participants' ability.

hmmm.... all these pics looks familiar...
I think I saw these pics on digicam some days ago... :think:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes, that's me. Thank you for the thumbs up. Glad to receive the encouragement from the master (da-shi) who truly inspire many of us.:)

新春蒙恩;)
L1100097.sized.jpg
L1100095.sized.jpg

L1100092.sized.jpg
L1090963.sized.jpg

Wow, first time browsing this thread. Really like some of the shots here :D

My only gripes are that some of the pictures have too many things shouting to me. Your best pictures are those simple stuff, some with single focal point contrasting from what we see everyday and some with strong powerful symmetrical patterns.

That saying, I learn some stuff from your pictures!

:thumbsup: for the thread, maybe we can go shoot sometime ;)

:thumbsup::thumbsup: like it sooooooo much....
thought sg is boring, but interesting perspective and composition can make it alive!

lest, came across this great thread.

i also feel that some of the shelter shot is quite repetitive, and if the bar patterns or the colors are not impactful, they can become less interesting.

but then i would like to ask if you are trained academically in art? some of the series are grouped and projected pretty in a systematically fashion, which is often not practised by a non-trained amateur.

p.s. you got me really interested in getting a leica compact. but the damage seems to cost about 1k for a digilux 2 and much more for digilux 3.....

v good street shots...i like #8, #42 and #71 best. keep shooting!

Thank you Maverick84, zaren and zoossh for viewing and comments.

Re shelter, point noted with thanks.

I am not art-trained but do appreciate art and like a systematic way of presenting things.

Dlux2 happens to suit my needs, IE compact, easy to do snap shots, mostly point and shoot and sometimes, a little manual adjustment.

Sentosa Flower show
L1100190.sized.jpg

Great street photography mate. I really enjoyed this set!

Thank you all for the kind comments. Though Singapore does not have much spectacular scenery, our street scene can be equally interesting and fun. Let's enjoy and share the lovely Singapore.

THIS IS GREAT ADVICE...

Respect!

Status
Not open for further replies.