Starting a Olympus C750UZ thread - on usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
poemeater said:
Thanks Raymondb, your 2 cents may turn out to be worth a bundle. I'll try them to see how they fit into my small part of the world. "the poemeater"

Hi Poemeater,

Regarding the setting for "Indoor snap shot with external flash mounted to camera", I forgot to mention that you will have to set the zoom to range between 38mm and 50mm, as longer zoom will reduce the depth of field dramatically.

Cheers.
Raymond

Thanks for the update. I don't want you to think I don't appreciate the advice so I'm stealing some time to stay in touch. Work is crazy right now and here in Maine it is spring with all the work it brings all of a sudden after hibernating all winter. I haven't had the time to devote to my new cam yet although a couple of times have played w/the white balance (good control). I've stumbled into some interesting shots of the light at play. They will be useful in some Haiga. Once I do get to try out your suggestions I will get back to you. Also I've noticed some interesting annimation in many avitars. Would anyone like to share the how to. Again I'm very green but animation interests me as an adjunct to my email so the how to might include sending animay so that it can be opened by the receiver w/o extra effort or not have to be opened at all. I use Mac G4 and it's mail program. Thanks again Raymondb "The Poemeater"

I've looked at some of the galleries. "Simply outstanding". I, at this time, have little in the way of photography help to offer so, unless someone deems it inappropriate, I'll offer from time to time some great words from great people that have a connection to the state of mind that artists must have to create.
From "RUMI"

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
there is a field. I'll meet you there.

When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase (each other)
doesn't make any sense.

Hi. Just upgraded my C-750 firmware from Olympus site.

Seems like the AF is improved now.
When Continuous AF mode is ON, the focus when it is lock before pressing the shutter, will stay in focus after the "half-press". Nice.

Under dim light condition, I seems to be able to focus on subject that I was not able to before the upgrade.

Anyone else had upgraded their firmware and will like to confirm on this?

Cheers.
Raymond

I have upgraded too. Yes I do 'feel' that AF does focus better in dim light condition.
In the past the camera do struggle more in focusing in my room at night.

Raymondb said:
Hi. Just upgraded my C-750 firmware from Olympus site.

Seems like the AF is improved now.
When Continuous AF mode is ON, the focus when it is lock before pressing the shutter, will stay in focus after the "half-press". Nice.

Under dim light condition, I seems to be able to focus on subject that I was not able to before the upgrade.

Anyone else had upgraded their firmware and will like to confirm on this?

Cheers.
Raymond

Hi Raymond,

went to the olympus website to check for the firmware upgrade, only found the upgrade for Pictbridge compatible firmware only. There is no other upgrade for the AF thing.

is that the one?

surftec

SuRfTeC said:
Hi Raymond,

went to the olympus website to check for the firmware upgrade, only found the upgrade for Pictbridge compatible firmware only. There is no other upgrade for the AF thing.

is that the one?

surftec

Yes, its the one. There is only one upgrade available for C750.

Cheers.
Raymond

Thanks Raymond :D

Upgraded my cam but yet to try AF in dim light conditions.
Will keep y'all updated when I have tried it.

But i can truly feel the continuous AF mode improved. it will not re-focus again when i half trigger the camera. thats cool! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cheers
surftec

SuRfTeC said:

But i can truly feel the continuous AF mode improved. it will not re-focus again when i half trigger the camera. thats cool! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cheers
surftec

Downloaded the update long time ago but never try as I thought only add picbridge function only. Tonight I will update mine also :)

Just one thing to be aware of ...

If any of you are using the camera controller software from Pine Tree Computing (for remote controll etc.) this update will break that support. This is because it is not an SDK compatible firmware. the memory space for the SDK support has been used by the pictbridge support

SuRfTeC said:

cheers
surftec

Don't forget to try the spot focusing mode also. I think it has been improved also.

Cheers.
Raymond

hi all C750 users,

most of y'all uses which mode for focusing? iesp or spot focus?

Im always using iesp but sometimes i seems quite difficult to get the subject i want to be in focus. the focus bracket will focus towards the background instead of the foreground. this sometimes can be quite frustrating, the subject is out of focus but the background is sharp!

does anyone has this problem? :dunno:

i have methods of changing the AF focus area but i find its quite tedious. does anyone has other suggestion on this? :)

SuRfTeC said:
hi all C750 users,

Im always using iesp but sometimes i seems quite difficult to get the subject i want to be in focus. the focus bracket will focus towards the background instead of the foreground. this sometimes can be quite frustrating, the subject is out of focus but the background is sharp!

i have methods of changing the AF focus area but i find its quite tedious. does anyone has other suggestion on this? :)

Don't really feel any difference between the two. This cam like that one... when lighting is bad always has its own mind where to focus one.

I use spot most of the time hoping there is less for the cam to calc. so maybe focus on the spot faster :D

SuRfTeC said:
hi all C750 users,

The AF of the C-750 has one basic rule, which is that the desired focusing area must have some kind of vertical border for the focusing to be based on.
So, if the subject you are focusing does not have any clear vertical border, the camera will focus on those that beside it which are having clearer vertical border. Sometimes, pressing the shutter button again without shifting your camera may help.

Previously, before the upgrade, the spot focusing failed most of the times in more difficult situation. After the upgrade, the spot focusing mode seems to be working better. I will try it more and report back later.

Cheers.
Raymond

bigmouse said:
Don't really feel any difference between the two. This cam like that one... when lighting is bad always has its own mind where to focus one.
:D

I think this is not true. In spot focusing mode, the camera will not shift its focusing area no matter what situation it is under. The focusing bracket will stay in the centre area all the time, whereas, in iESP mode, the camera at times will select the focusing area "to its preference".

Did you get mixed up with spot metering and spot focusing ?

Cheers.

Raymond

i agree with Raymond.

iEsp mode focus up, down, left, right and centre whereas spot only focus in the centre.

i normally would just use iEsp mode. but sometimes it gets really frustrated because i cant get the subject i want to be in focus. it always focus towards the background.
raymond... i have tried using the vertical border, horizontal borders to help... but it doesnt work always... :(

then only i would set to spot mode and select the focus area that i want... this is tedious process and sometimes couldn't capture the moment shot.

therefore checking with you guys whether y'all face this problem too... and how you guys tackle this problem in a shorter way? :)

cheers

Did you get mixed up with spot metering and spot focusing ?

probably I did... . embrass: Guess I need to refer the manual and read up again.

Anyone know if there is a cap that's big enuff for a C750 + Conversion Lens Apapter + 52mm Filter?

SuRfTeC said:
then only i would set to spot mode and select the focus area that i want... this is tedious process and sometimes couldn't capture the moment shot.

cheers

Did you try setting one of the myMode to spot focusing with all other setting, and set one of the shortcut to myMode switcher (which switch between myMode 1 to 4), this way, you could go straight to the setting in quite a short time.

Cheers
Raymond

benleez said:
Anyone know if there is a cap that's big enuff for a C750 + Conversion Lens Apapter + 52mm Filter?

Didn't quite get you.

Buy a 52mm lense cap and cap it onto the 52mm filter?

Or do you mean to get something that will cover the whole configuration?

Cheers
Raymond

Status
Not open for further replies.