Starting a Olympus C750UZ thread - on usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most filters are threaded, which will allow another filter to be attached to them. (Some people refer it as stacking). So probably you could attached other filter to your UV without ramoving the UV from the camera.

Raymond

Raymondb said:
Most filters are threaded, which will allow another filter to be attached to them. (Some people refer it as stacking). So probably you could attached other filter to your UV without ramoving the UV from the camera.

Raymond

ic ic... thanks raymondb...

I know this has been mentioned before, but..................
I got the adapter that allows lens filters to be put on, and I went out and got a lens cap for that aswell. Much better setp. The loose zoom lens is well protected behind the adapter and lens cap.

Just bought c750 few weeks ago. Now looking for external flash. Can anyone tell me what's the diff. between fl-50 n fl-20??? Is it advisable to get compatable non-olympus flash???? if so, model no????:dunno: :think:

jam said:
Just bought c750 few weeks ago. Now looking for external flash. Can anyone tell me what's the diff. between fl-50 n fl-20??? Is it advisable to get compatable non-olympus flash???? if so, model no????:dunno: :think:

I think the main different between FL50 and FL20 is the power, with FL50 being the more powerful one. Never use one before, so not much to offer
here.

I am using Metz 44 MZ2 flash, works very well with the camera.

Raymondb said:
I think the main different between FL50 and FL20 is the power, with FL50 being the more powerful one. Never use one before, so not much to offer
here.

how much is the metz44mz2?

Raymondb said:
here.

Just wonder whether it has AF or not. Will it look weird when use with the puny c750??? adaptor needed??? :dunno:

For METZ flashes, you will need the SCA3202 adaptor. I am using the Metz 32MZ2 Flash. Not as powerful at the 44MZ2, but good enough for my applications.

The 32MZ2 emits an AF assist beam. However, the flash mount for the C-750 is not directly above the barrel of the lens, hence AF assist from the flash does not work. (Not too sure about 44MZ2 though, suspect it may be the same due to the position of the flash mounting on the camera)

Cheers,
David

Davey said:
For METZ flashes, you will need the SCA3202 adaptor. I am using the Metz 32MZ2 Flash. Not as powerful at the 44MZ2, but good enough for my applications.

The 32MZ2 emits an AF assist beam. However, the flash mount for the C-750 is not directly above the barrel of the lens, hence AF assist from the flash does not work. (Not too sure about 44MZ2 though, suspect it may be the same due to the position of the flash mounting on the camera)

Cheers,
David

Thank Davey. Another queation : w/o AF assist beam assist focusing in certain conditions, i.e., dark conditions, how to product a sharp pic??? MF?? any other alternatives??????? :dunno:

how much u paid for 32MZ2 & SCA3202?

is there anyone who use TCON-1.7x with c750? how was the result? i have read somewhere that it has to be used with full zoom. is that true?

The 44MZ2 cost $300++, SCA 3203 cost $100++, from "Alan photo".
Not cheap, but I think is still cheaper than the Oly flash.

Similar to the 32, the AF-beam of the 44 can't be used with the C-750, which I regretted for quite a while. Then, came across the hyper focal method, tried it, and it works. Can even take clear snap shots under almost total darkness.

Cheers
Raymond

jam said:
Thank Davey. Another queation : w/o AF assist beam assist focusing in certain conditions, i.e., dark conditions, how to product a sharp pic??? MF?? any other alternatives??????? :dunno:

how much u paid for 32MZ2 & SCA3202?

I bought mine second hand from another member in this forum. Last time I checked, a used 32MZ2 + SCA3202 was selling at S$300 as a set. (BTW, the 32MZ2 model is discontinued, can't find it anymore in the shops.)

Besides the hyperfocal method and MF, I also carry along a laser pointer with a patterned filter. (i.e. projecting a smiley face :) ) I use this laser pointer to help the AF to focus. If only I could find a laser pointer which produces a vertical line pattern ...

Also, you can try this -> http://www.camerashed.co.uk/project14.asp
Only thing is, I can't find a small but powerful white led torchlight with a focused beam here in Singapore.

Cheers,
David

Hello guys,

anyone knows what the market price is for the 750uz now?

thanks !

oh and if anyone wants to sell can PM me too.

Thanks Davey & Raymondb ;)
Both hyperfocal n "laser pointer's method" are great!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi

Anyone got any tips for using the c750 under concert lighting conditions? will be sat approx 4/5 rows from the stage.

Thanks

D

Just got c740uz. I would like to automize most of the set up for now. Reason for getting Oly c740uz was to better cope with backlight problems encountered on a point and shoot basic camera previously owned. Also wanted better than exceptable pics w/o breaking into the heavy photo stuff for now. Printer is inop. at the moment and the manual on CD leaves me wanting as I'm very green. I don't know exactly what I want and less of how to get it. I would like to set up the camera for SHQ all the time even in the dial auto mode. Have taken a few outdoor pics in the dial portrait-distance mode and like the dual clarity of both subject and background. Would like to know what any of you have set your "MY" dial settings to and the reasons for them. The custom button I'm sure has a setting for my use also, maybe there is the place for exposure lock or flash setting to help with backlight situations as grandsons do not play on the correct side of the sun or away from illuminated windows. I didn't go the 750 route do to money and only the possibility of getting out of the augmented auto modes.
So far pics are great in the HQ setting. I'm moving on to the SHQ mode as I won't know at the time of shooting which ones I'll be making T.V. slide shows of. I hope someone out there will graciously take some time and share some of there set up knowledge with me. It seems like a great camera and one that will do me fine for a while or until I want to move up the ladder.
Thanks for your time in reading this and hope to hear from you soon. "The Poemeater"

I have a slight interest in animation so my question is; how did you do your avitar?

poemeater said:
Just got c740uz. I would like to automize most of the set up for now. Reason for getting Oly c740uz was to better cope with backlight problems encountered on a point and shoot basic camera previously owned. Also wanted better than exceptable pics w/o breaking into the heavy photo stuff for now. Printer is inop. at the moment and the manual on CD leaves me wanting as I'm very green. I don't know exactly what I want and less of how to get it. I would like to set up the camera for SHQ all the time even in the dial auto mode. Have taken a few outdoor pics in the dial portrait-distance mode and like the dual clarity of both subject and background. Would like to know what any of you have set your "MY" dial settings to and the reasons for them. The custom button I'm sure has a setting for my use also, maybe there is the place for exposure lock or flash setting to help with backlight situations as grandsons do not play on the correct side of the sun or away from illuminated windows. I didn't go the 750 route do to money and only the possibility of getting out of the augmented auto modes.
So far pics are great in the HQ setting. I'm moving on to the SHQ mode as I won't know at the time of shooting which ones I'll be making T.V. slide shows of. I hope someone out there will graciously take some time and share some of there set up knowledge with me. It seems like a great camera and one that will do me fine for a while or until I want to move up the ladder.
Thanks for your time in reading this and hope to hear from you soon. "The Poemeater"

Hi Poemeater, let me try:
I have a C750, which I think is quite similar in settings.

I find the MyMode facility in this camera is very useful, as there are tons of camera setting could be pre-set into one of these mode and allow the camera to be adjusted to the settings quickly.

Different kind of scene will require different configuration on the camera.

Below are some of the configuration I used:

Night scene
Set to manual exposure, which will allow the exposure time to go as long
as 16 sec. Set remote on. SET NR on. Set ISO to 50, which will lower noise level of the picture. There may be time that the camera cannot focus on subjects that are very far away from the camera, especially in the night. For this, you may consider pre-set the focus to infinity with auto-focus during the day and then switch to manual focus to lock the focus and safe it under this myMode setting.

Indoor snap shot with external flash mounted to camera
Set to manual focus, with focusing distance fixed to 2m. Set aperture F number to F8, which give longer depth of field. Set exposure mode to Manual. Flash mode to slow1.
With this setting, I could take snap shots without focusing for each shot. The result is quite acceptable. (With this setting, we in fact is applying the hyperfocal method)

Shooting subjects with fast action
Shooting fast action subject one tends to miss the desired moment. It may help if the camera is set to sequential mode, with exposure mode set to Shutter priority, Resolution set to SQ 1600x1200, which will allow more shots to be taken at one go.

If you are going to use the MyMode function often, I will suggest to set one of the short cut menu item to MyMode, which will speed up the whole process of switching between modes.

These are just my 2 cents worth. Someone may have better setting to offer.

Cheers,
Raymond

Thanks Raymondb, your 2 cents may turn out to be worth a bundle. I'll try them to see how they fit into my small part of the world. "the poemeater"

Status
Not open for further replies.