if the rumor is true, price of d4s or d4x will be equal or more expensive than the current D4.
My wallet is not ready as well to get d4 series just for hobby / freelance, unless you are full time taking pictures to earn for living.
The rumor that a professional-level dSLR will be launched before the winter Olympics? Hmm... Well, I was initially keen on the Nikon D4, but later on gave it a pass. Let's see what the new offering, if any, will deliver.
If you were a Pro assigned for Winter Olympics,
1) You would be given 1 or 2 or 3 sets of the Nikon flagship such as D3/D3s/D4 or whatever.
2) No need to worry about shutter counts, could shoot happily up to 10 fps per second at full 16Mp resolution using D4. Shooting like a Rambo.
3) All the equipment were under insurance. No need to worry if you accidentally scratched or damaged it (e.g. if shooting under the snow).
4) You would earn money from every pictures that were published.
5) Other than personal expenses, all would be paid by the company.
6) Could go to the back stage and meet the female athlete.
7) Wearing the big guns (400mm f/2.8G, 500mm f/4G, 600mm f/4G) girls would go crazy over you. For sure.
Hope the D4S & D4X won't disappoint, like the with good better ISO performance than the current 12800 standard.. Let's say ISO 1600 is as clean as ISO 200? Otherwise i think I won't be impressed with the ISO range.. No point changing. And for the X would be larger than d800e's resolution to challenge near to the medium format territory! With more choices as well while on print.