Ready for the D4S / or D4X ( maybe the D400 ) 3rd week JAN 2014 ;)

Dfive

Nov 20, 2008
Singapore lah....
www.clubsnap.com
As per above.... Are you ready for the D4S / or D4X (T.B.A. ) ( it's also maybe the D400 ) announced 3rd week JAN 2014 ;);)

:thumbsup:

Who said that? Announcement is not 3rd week of January but on 7th January.
Nikon announcement on January 7th: D3300, two or three coolpix cameras.

Also 35 1.8g FX and the new version of 18-55 DX

As per above.... Are you ready for the D4S / or D4X (T.B.A. ) ( it's also maybe the D400 ) announced 3rd week JAN 2014 ;);)

I'm ready but my wallet is not. :(

I'm ready but my wallet is not. :(

if the rumor is true, price of d4s or d4x will be equal or more expensive than the current D4.
My wallet is not ready as well to get d4 series just for hobby / freelance, unless you are full time taking pictures to earn for living.

The rumor that a professional-level dSLR will be launched before the winter Olympics? Hmm... Well, I was initially keen on the Nikon D4, but later on gave it a pass. Let's see what the new offering, if any, will deliver.

@ tomcat and jeff7id : you guys already bought DF. King of all kings of ISO. Why the need of another camera :confused:

@ tomcat and jeff7id : you guys already bought DF. King of all kings of ISO. Why the need of another camera :confused:

Perhaps it is because the Df does not come with the complete professional features? And who knows what the new sensor can do, right?

If can have 2... why stop at 1... haaaa..... ;)

How can u come with conclusion then we are looking for another camera?
Maybe because none of professional sport photographer will shoot winter olympics using D610 or Df or D800 or D800E? Haha

If I was a pro assigned for winter olympics, I would use D4 (or the future D4s or D4x) but if no budget then go for D3 or D3s instead mah

If I can afford a D4, I would have bought one by now and not have to settle for a poor man's D4 like the Df. :(

How can u come with conclusion then we are looking for another camera?
Maybe because none of professional sport photographer will shoot winter olympics using D610 or Df or D800 or D800E? Haha

If I was a pro assigned for winter olympics, I would use D4 (or the future D4s or D4x) but if no budget then go for D3 or D3s instead mah

No lar bro.... if you are a Pro assigned fro Winter Olympics..... you will be given 1 or 2 or 3 D4/D4S/D4 whatever to use..... best of all... you will get paid... ;)

No lar bro.... if you are a Pro assigned fro Winter Olympics..... you will be given 1 or 2 or 3 D4/D4S/D4 whatever to use..... best of all... you will get paid... ;)

Not only that lah ...

If you were a Pro assigned for Winter Olympics,
1) You would be given 1 or 2 or 3 sets of the Nikon flagship such as D3/D3s/D4 or whatever.
2) No need to worry about shutter counts, could shoot happily up to 10 fps per second at full 16Mp resolution using D4. Shooting like a Rambo.
3) All the equipment were under insurance. No need to worry if you accidentally scratched or damaged it (e.g. if shooting under the snow).
4) You would earn money from every pictures that were published.
5) Other than personal expenses, all would be paid by the company.
6) Could go to the back stage and meet the female athlete.
7) Wearing the big guns (400mm f/2.8G, 500mm f/4G, 600mm f/4G) girls would go crazy over you. For sure.

You are so funny. This is my other answer. THERE IS ONLY ONE D-SLR.
Picture courtesy to http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/

13.jpg

Unless D4S/D4X solely uses 2xCF or 2xXQD or 2xSD, else no point upgrading from D4.

Unless D4S/D4X solely uses 2xCF or 2xXQD or 2xSD, else no point upgrading from D4.

I used my Nikon D300s with 1x CF and 1x SD... Ok leh. Most card readers can handle both formats anyway. Perhaps it was the XQD card format that messed things up a little.

Hope the D4S & D4X won't disappoint, like the with good better ISO performance than the current 12800 standard.. Let's say ISO 1600 is as clean as ISO 200? Otherwise i think I won't be impressed with the ISO range.. No point changing. And for the X would be larger than d800e's resolution to challenge near to the medium format territory! With more choices as well while on print.

:bigeyes: why do u want 2xSD slots on Nikon flagship DSLR camera ?