Ready for the D4S / or D4X ( maybe the D400 ) 3rd week JAN 2014 ;)

Hope the D4S & D4X won't disappoint, like the with good better ISO performance than the current 12800 standard.. Let's say ISO 1600 is as clean as ISO 200? Otherwise i think I won't be impressed with the ISO range.. No point changing. And for the X would be larger than d800e's resolution to challenge near to the medium format territory! With more choices as well while on print.

Its one or the other..... not both. ;)

Other than for Billboards the D800 and D800E is already challenging them..... an amazing sensor !!

Last edited:
Hope the D4S & D4X won't disappoint, like the with good better ISO performance than the current 12800 standard.. Let's say ISO 1600 is as clean as ISO 200? Otherwise i think I won't be impressed with the ISO range.. No point changing. And for the X would be larger than d800e's resolution to challenge near to the medium format territory! With more choices as well while on print.

Do you know that Medium Format high ISO performance is not good ?
For example,ISO of Hasselblad H5D-40 (40 Mpixel) is max 1600 only ? And at ISO 1600 it has more noise compared with D800E at the same ISO ?

Do you know that Medium Format high ISO performance is not good ?
For example,ISO of Hasselblad H5D-40 (40 Mpixel) is max 1600 only ? And at ISO 1600 it has more noise compared with D800E at the same ISO ?

Definitely aware.... that's why the D4X hopefully will be bigger than D800E's megapixel range (eg. 50 megapixels or 60) or same with D800E also can. Adding with D3S/D4/DF's ISO 12800 range, I believe every studio photographer or pixel peeper will be happy.

:bigeyes: why do u want 2xSD slots on Nikon flagship DSLR camera ?

It beats having a mixed media... everytime I stretch out across to grab a CF card reader, I need to stretch another time to get the XQD card reader...

I was hoping the space there at the card slots is sufficient for 4x XQD. This would be lovely.

It beats having a mixed media... everytime I stretch out across to grab a CF card reader, I need to stretch another time to get the XQD card reader...

I was hoping the space there at the card slots is sufficient for 4x XQD. This would be lovely.

4x XQD? Woah! Really hardcore man!

:bigeyes:
Do you know that the price of XQD is more expensive then Sandisk CF Extreme Pro ?
If there was a camera with 4x XQD slots, would you buy 4x XQD memory cards and put them all into the slot ?

I want BUILT-IN 128GB SSD... this will come ready for the D6. ;) ;)

Quite a good idea actually, 128GB would be probably more then you'll ever need for any event. And it's definitely small enough to fit in any DSLR body. Only issue would be that you'd have to plug in your camera to download the photos and if it were to fail, there's no backup haha

Reactions: Dfive

Where do you want to place the BUILT-IN 128GB SSD ? If you placed it inside the battery grip, then it would be a huge grip.
Together with the BUILT-IN 128GB SSD, the weight of your camera body would be > 1500 gram also :confused:

I rather buy 2 x 64gb than have a built in 128gb. Speed should not differ greatly.

I rather buy 2 x 64gb than have a built in 128gb. Speed should not differ greatly.

Erhmm Bro Dfive referred to SSD Harddisk which usually used for laptop harddisk.
Transfer speed is up to 490MB/s

SSD is not same with SD card

Where do you want to place the BUILT-IN 128GB SSD ? If you placed it inside the battery grip, then it would be a huge grip.
Together with the BUILT-IN 128GB SSD, the weight of your camera body would be > 1500 gram also :confused:

Why do you think it will be big? Its actually very small and weighs only afew grams haha.

This is how SSDs actually look like

Toshiba-SG2-mini-SATA-SSD-Module.jpg

Why do you think it will be big? Its actually very small and weighs only afew grams haha.

This is how SSDs actually look like

Toshiba-SG2-mini-SATA-SSD-Module.jpg

I know. As I mention above, SSD usually used for laptop harddisk with 2.5" size.
So where will u put the laptop harddisk inside camera body? If placed inside battery grip then it would be quite large grip.

Although u take out the laptop harddisk casing and just use the memory card, it is still quite bulky and take lot of space. IMHO

Actually it's a pretty good idea using a SSD, might not be ideal to install onto the camera due to bulk and heavy construction, but why not with the SSD with cable connected to the camera itself? So hard disk can put into pocket walk around if it's for shooting events, or one day through wireless transmission like the WT-4. (eg. a speedlight connected with a external battery pack)

Reactions: Dfive
Although u take out the laptop harddisk casing and just use the memory card, it is still quite bulky and take lot of space. IMHO

soon after years to come, SSD will become as small as a thumbdrive size! wonder who will still complain is bulky or occupy space still when it's already shrinked to a portable size that can easily misplace anywhere without you knowing.

SSD is coming.... before end of this decade. :cool: ( back up won't need laptop or powered device - it will back up into another compact device that will plug in to the side... think a thumb drive on steroids. )

The comments on the 2.5" Hard Disk thing.... its made that way cause of industry norms requiring laptop bays to slot this in. ( It can and will be shrunk in size.... e.g. the same as in your 128GB iPhones. )