Photography mission failures: Your experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
smurfman said:
happily shooting, then realise never load the film.:cry:

happily shooting film too.... till 40+ frames.... :sweatsm: :embrass:

and, no. it wasn't self-rolled film.

nightwolf75 said:

where you buy the 48 frames film? ;p

went for a night shoot to a place quite remote..

set up camera on tripod and realise never bring cable release~!

Arghh...

Drudkh said:
where you buy the 48 frames film? ;p

i wished i knew...

worse still dat roll was for a model shoot. i ge kiang, decided to shoot all film dat day... :faint:

Sion said:
Another time I went up to Canberra to shoot spring flowers. When I reached the hotel there it just rained for the next 3 days. I bought a thick paperback and a few chocolate bars and went under the blanket to do some reading.
Ah, u missed the chance to shoot flowers when it rained, can be very artistic u know.:devil:

Wanted to shoot Star Trails in New Zealand.
Set off from my hotel room at midnite. After setting up tripod and etc,
and only to realise, I left my battery charging in the hotel room. :rolleyes:

nightwolf75 said:

Sigh..............i shoot till i though why haven finish this roll..........

now think back, very funny, can see the customer face black black

nightwolf75 said:

Haha.. mine wasn't as bad.. bought a 12 frame roll for testing... then forgot all about it, shoot until 37, then realise it was a 12 frame roll...:mad2: lucky was test shots...

Went to Sweden in late autumn. 1 minolta slr. Cam mechanism frozen stiff. Only -6 to - 9 degrees C. :dunno:

smurfman said:
Sigh..............i shoot till i though why haven finish this roll..........

now think back, very funny, can see the customer face black black

ouch... :embrass:

at least my roll was for my own enjoyment... i din realised it too till i saw the counter displaying 42... :faint: piang... if it was a commerical shoot, i think i go jump off the nearest building. :sweat:

assigned to shoot for graduation day...found out out battery at home... panick like @#$%^
boght a battery at hotel, almost wet my pants!!!!:embrass:

Looks like I'm not alone... Here are some of my bad experiences...

1. My first trip to Melbourne abt 5 years ago. It was autumn and the temp was abt 10-20 degrees. My Minolta SLR freezed on me a couple of times. Like it was having mood swings. Missed some good photo opportunities and sceneries but was lucky it was ok when I was at the 12 apostles.

2. This was during my trip to Central Australia during winter last year. I was on my way to a hot-air balloon outing at 5am in the morning and the temp was -5degrees! Again, my Canon G3 froze on me... All my friend's cams were ok and shooting away execpt for my G3... It remained frozen for the rest of the day and I wasn't able to take any pics at all... Certainly affected my mood for the day... The cam only came back to life later in the evening. Was kind of a relief as it was only day 3 of a 10 day trip.

3. Well... this just happened just now when I was at Marina Promenade to shoot the fireworks. I was there at 10.30pm and set the tripod and my D70 up. Tried a few test shoots and all was in order. Then at 11.30pm, I tried a few more test shoots and realised that the D70 just sort of hanged!!! The control panel just froze and nothing seemed to work. I tried all sorts of things to bring it back to life but nothing worked... I just charged the batt and tried 3 diff mem cards. I gave up... Good thing was I also brought along my G3 which was to be used by my gf. I shot with my G3 instead... My D70's still 'dead' now. Hope there's nothing wrong with my D70 when I check it tom...

KoolBlue said:
3. Well... this just happened just now when I was at Marina Promenade to shoot the fireworks. I was there at 10.30pm and set the tripod and my D70 up. Tried a few test shoots and all was in order. Then at 11.30pm, I tried a few more test shoots and realised that the D70 just sort of hanged!!! The control panel just froze and nothing seemed to work. I tried all sorts of things to bring it back to life but nothing worked... I just charged the batt and tried 3 diff mem cards. I gave up... Good thing was I also brought along my G3 which was to be used by my gf. I shot with my G3 instead... My D70's still 'dead' now. Hope there's nothing wrong with my D70 when I check it tom...

ur d70 hate fireworks.........:)

Set up all my studio lights in a remote place and relalise never bring cables :think: told my client the ambient light is better no need lights:bsmilie: fortunately got photoshop

most stupid me. i accidentally dial to Manual mode and shutter at 1/500 f5.6 at indoor. Luckily D70 flash can sync up to this speed. :cry:

I guess the dumber the mistake we made, the better we'll learn our lessons, eh?

Friend's experience:
Bought new film SLR. Never tested beforehand. Brought up to Mt. Kinabalu. Seemed to work at base camp. At the peak, beautiful scenery, but cam failed to fire! Totally dead! Came down, disappointed. But tried to work it again anyway. It worked this time! But too bad, already left the place. They didn't realise that by simply warming up the lithium batts, they would've gotten it to work.

For me,
it was last Saturday, trying to capture the opening of the S'pore Fireworks Fest. Tried to research for info about the firing location, couldn't find any (or I totally overlooked it). So I decided it had to be the same location as last year. Being the typical KS S'porean, I staked out a spot at M. South for about 3 hours, only to find out I was at the wrong spot! Kancheong spider, rushed to correct place. By that time, all the good spots taken up, I myself kalang-kabut and ended up with all the wrong settings imaginable. Shots all came out like s*** (not that my usual shots are any good).

It might not be the most pleasant way to learn, but I think certainly the most effective! Thanks to all for sharing to make learning real-world photography a less painful experience!

:)

Haven't fail in my mission except fail in my negotiation process, got paid peanuts??? see avatar, some say if you pay peanut you get monkey, haha!

pack my gears and waited at the location for a model shoot than realised that I'm 24 hrs too earlier;p

Waited all year for the day when perigee coincided with full moon;
Brought my gear out and waited, and it got cloudy, and could only see cloud;
And when the moon finally showed itself through a gap in the cloud, it started raining,and the moon was small.

Or I remember in highschool when I woke up in the early early morning to try to catch the leonids meteor shower, but it was cloudy and rainy again!

Status
Not open for further replies.