Photography mission failures: Your experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yqt said:
pack my gears and waited at the location for a model shoot than realised that I'm 24 hrs too earlier;p

Well better earlier than late?

"Huh? You mean it's not TODAY, meh?" (and you didn't know because it so happens your mobile phone broke down yesterday)

once went out of home without batteries for my 10D. thankfully, only happened once, when i was intending to go streetsnapping phew! :)

yqt said:
pack my gears and waited at the location for a model shoot than realised that I'm 24 hrs too earlier;p
this is still that bad compare to when you are 24-hr too late!

synapseman said:
Well better earlier than late?

"Huh? You mean it's not TODAY, meh?" (and you didn't know because it so happens your mobile phone broke down yesterday)

HaHa. I actually called my client.
Me: " Hi, Eu....., I'm at the lacation now. Where are you ? "
Client: " E.... the shoot is tomorrow....right? "
Me: (Realising what an ass I must have been)" Yeah, that right. I'm actually at the location to do a reccee before the shoot tomorrow and was wandering if you want to meet for lunch. "
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

yqt said:
HaHa. I actually called my client.
Me: " Hi, Eu....., I'm at the lacation now. Where are you ? "
Client: " E.... the shoot is tomorrow....right? "
Me: (Realising what an ass I must have been)" Yeah, that right. I'm actually at the location to do a reccee before the shoot tomorrow and was wandering if you want to meet for lunch. "
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

:what: nice recovery! i thot u were really joking when u said u're early by 24hrs... ;p

nightwolf75 said:
:what: nice recovery! i thot u were really joking when u said u're early by 24hrs... ;p

Thanks. I'm not joking, it really happened. My client suspected something but we both just kept quite about it. When she met me the next day she just said with a cheeky smile " so, you were here yesterday fro a reccee isit? " I just look her straight in the eyes and said "yeah, I was here yesterday"

got once on assignment shoot halfway, cf corrupt...
lucky had backup body with me. with cf inside

sehsuan said:
call that REALLY a gungho photographer, to check the direction of sunlight 24 hours beforehand :D

Actually I feel more like an idiot;p

so far i've suffered 2 times of chaotic experiences which led me to pull my hair out.. haha..

1st time. went shooting at SBG. shoot happily den when i wanted to go home to process. open CF door. shocked! till den den i know i forgot my CF cards... :cry:

2nd time. went to birding... i was in the car. did my set-up... tripods loaded. lens lock on tripod. on standby. den was waiting for the bird to come... den suddenly i wanted to on the camera to shoot.

guess what i forgot to bring...

BATTERIES !! Ahhh... i was like.... :faint:

glennyong said:
so far i've suffered 2 times of chaotic experiences which led me to pull my hair out.. haha..

1st time. went shooting at SBG. shoot happily den when i wanted to go home to process. open CF door. shocked! till den den i know i forgot my CF cards... :cry:

2nd time. went to birding... i was in the car. did my set-up... tripods loaded. lens lock on tripod. on standby. den was waiting for the bird to come... den suddenly i wanted to on the camera to shoot.

U mean u don't review your shots, nor adjust your camera settings before the bird shoot?
Somehow, something don't sound right...

yqt said:
Actually I feel more like an idiot;p

Haha...
Yours is a classic example of a pure kiasu... ;p
People go a few hrs early to chope places, u go 24 hrs earlier...

Photography mission failures: Too lazy to wake up when the alarm clock ringing in the morning.

AReality said:
Haha...
Yours is a classic example of a pure kiasu... ;p
People go a few hrs early to chope places, u go 24 hrs earlier...

what to do? I guess that makes me a kiasu idiot:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I went to the NDP yesterday with this shot in mind.

The WA shot of the crowd going "Ahhh, Wahhhh!" with the fireworks in the bg

but where I was seated the fireworks cannot be seen! Stupid big screen blocking the way.

glennyong said:

Your camera allow you to shoot when no CF Cards?

ortega said:

but where I was seated the fireworks cannot be seen! Stupid big screen blocking the way.

that one no choice, right?

ortega said:

Blue sector rite?
My view was totally blocked... Nvm, I brought back the umbrella as a souvenir.

everytime i set out specially to shoot, i have all my equipment with me, ready and all, then it rains the whole flippin day and there were times i practically stayed out for a whole day waiting for the rain to stop before i could get home. :angry:

and then when i'm not shooting, our dear ol' Sun shines ever so brightly, everything around me i see potential shots, but then MY CAMERA IS AT HOME! :angry: :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.