People I met at LAOS - A Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks a lot. I did enjoyed myself. Laos is a fascinating place, not so much of scenery but the easy-going + slow pace, street scene and people. Sure. I will be glad to share traveling experiences .... But here a toast to all (Beerlao)
Cheers ....

Nice BeerLAOS... oops not Lao Beer:bsmilie: .. forgot to try it...:bsmilie:

It is Beerlao (without s).The general spec is on the bottle itself. Once again enjoy and cheers .... ;)
:bsmilie: Just to be assured that you are drunk now..:bsmilie: kidding
I read that Laos was initially LAO , wthout "s".. but later was internationally known
as LAOs esp to westerner..

:bsmilie: Just to be assured that you are drunk now..:bsmilie: kidding
I read that Laos was initially LAO , wthout "s".. but later was internationally known
as LAOs esp to westerner..

That's true and I heard and read the same thing too. Btw, I was enjoying the sunset and actually ordered a beerlao, more to perserve my seat at this eating place/sunset viewing in Vang Vieng. Not quite a beer drinker, but always willing to try something. PS: Not promoting or marketing for them. :bsmilie: I really liked the local lao coffee, it was good :thumbsup:

That's true and I heard and read the same thing too. Btw, I was enjoying the sunset and actually ordered a beerlao, more to perserve my seat at this eating place/sunset viewing in Vang Vieng. Not quite a beer drinker, but always willing to try something. PS: Not promoting or marketing for them. :bsmilie: I really liked the local lao coffee, it was good :thumbsup:

That must be wonderful; I was dead tired after the whole day "Jumping" and water-rafting.
The sunset was really beautiful, should have find a place nearby the river for my dinner n drinks.
Lao coffee... did tried or not?.;)

French Loaf Vendor at Luang PraBang Night Market

Laos was colonized by France from the late 1800's to the late 1940's, and one of many legacies of the French is the French loaf.
The Loaf is sandwich with slices of cucumber, vegetables, luncheon meat, tomatoes, chili or tomatoes sauces, etc.
Try it if you visit Laos.

DSC_5908EMfz.jpg

French Loaf Vendor at Luang PraBang Night Market

Laos was colonized by France from the late 1800's to the late 1940's, and one of many legacies of the French is the French loaf.
The Loaf is sandwich with slices of cucumber, vegetables, luncheon meat, tomatoes, chili or tomatoes sauces, etc.
Try it if you visit Laos.

LAOS-&

hi, stan, a non-photographic comment.

the man on the right has a lower contrast and saturation, so although there is no translucency, there seems a illusion of such. and he merges with the dark, plus he's got a blank look. all in all, there is a ghostly feeling about it. it reminds me of some of these horror movies with the chinese ghost month, where the hungry ghost stands next to the offerings....

didn't intend to be morbid. but i find it worthy of some interesting imagination....

and photographic comment.

very good noise control or noise reduction. you did it on tripod or on high ISO + noise reduction? retrospectively speaking, i would prefer framing more to the right. but i personally find it hard to shoot at night as i've some night blindness. think you wouldn't though, from your night series :D

hi, stan, a non-photographic comment.

the man on the right has a lower contrast and saturation, so although there is no translucency, there seems a illusion of such. and he merges with the dark, plus he's got a blank look. all in all, there is a ghostly feeling about it. it reminds me of some of these horror movies with the chinese ghost month, where the hungry ghost stands next to the offerings....

didn't intend to be morbid. but i find it worthy of some interesting imagination....

What an imagination....:bsmilie:
To me ;it is a peaceful feeling to see some lone “hawkers’ selling food with just one bulb light. This is so different from our local Pasar Malam which lost the flavor with so much lighting in the midst of bright lit street.

and photographic comment.

very good noise control or noise reduction. you did it on tripod or on high ISO + noise reduction? retrospectively speaking, i would prefer framing more to the right. but i personally find it hard to shoot at night as i've some night blindness. think you wouldn't though, from your night series :D

Yes, using high ISO with noise reduction. When the background is “black” it is not so visibly grainy. The bulb light would be bright enough for you to view …. You should try it.
TFV

The swift motions of monks collecting alms in the morning surprised me.
I understand from some novice that they actually wake up around 4am and
get ready by 5am.

Swift motions
DSC_5940Fz-1.jpg

When was the last time you have a family bath?
They are really care free... bath play and best of all it is “Open Air" environment.
Life is Great!!

DSC_6286mAz.jpg

DSC_6283mAz.jpg

As I look down from my balcony... I observed how this mother was counting cash and in deep thought of sufficiency. It is never easy when the children are there to support till they are independent.

1 How much cash left?
DSC_6815mMsfz.jpg

2.Mum bought me something to eat...
DSC_6811mMFz.jpg

When was the last time you have a family bath?
They are really care free... bath play and best of all it is “Open Air" environment.
Life is Great!!

DSC_6286mAz.jpg

DSC_6283mAz.jpg
Stan,
An excellent set of pictures. Your slower shutter creates a sense of movement and water spray and I think that is essential in creating a movie like image in 2D.
Indeed, life is fun and it should be. Especially for our own kids. I know the kids in the image have a harder life than us but I think they are enjoying life more than we are.
I feel pity, however, not for them but for my children. We should be playing & having fun with water outside our homes and not have to travel to Vivo city rooftop or the zoo or Bugis square to enjoy that.
That's it! This weekend I'm going to wet the floor of my corridor outside my HDB apartment and see if I can do a belly slide like that kid in the photo. I'm going to have to teach my kids how their daddy played when he was young. He had no XBOX or PS2. He just sprayed water at his brother & sister while his own Dad washed the corridor.
Eer...maybe I'll start with a bum slide till I'm sure the floor is really smooth..*ouch*
Thanks Stan.

Hey hosea, i like the shot where the kid do the 'swamton' move and the other smacking the ground with his shirt. actions happening everywhere. :thumbsup:

Stan,
An excellent set of pictures. Your slower shutter creates a sense of movement and water spray and I think that is essential in creating a movie like image in 2D.
Indeed, life is fun and it should be. Especially for our own kids. I know the kids in the image have a harder life than us but I think they are enjoying life more than we are.
I feel pity, however, not for them but for my children. We should be playing & having fun with water outside our homes and not have to travel to Vivo city rooftop or the zoo or Bugis square to enjoy that.
That's it! This weekend I'm going to wet the floor of my corridor outside my HDB apartment and see if I can do a belly slide like that kid in the photo. I'm going to have to teach my kids how their daddy played when he was young. He had no XBOX or PS2. He just sprayed water at his brother & sister while his own Dad washed the corridor.
Eer...maybe I'll start with a bum slide till I'm sure the floor is really smooth..*ouch*
Thanks Stan.
Hi Earendill,
Have a good fun time with your children and I think it is a good idea to share practically your fun childhood with them. They will remember and love you more when they grow up.
Do be careful when trying your stunt… it takes time for city folks to return to the ‘country-side” carefree life style.:bsmilie:

Thanks for kind comment on these pix... and most glad that it speaks to you... :)

Hey hosea, i like the shot where the kid do the 'swamton' move and the other smacking the ground with his shirt. actions happening everywhere. :thumbsup:

Hi grimes.,
It was indeed wonderful watching them playing and the many happening did stop me for a short while before I decided to take a snap on them. That is the fun of traveling.
Thanks for viewing and comment.:)

wow I can see u r more experimental with the xprocess tone now Hosea :D
interesting boy smoking :)

Status
Not open for further replies.