People I met at LAOS - A Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Stan
Your pictures really tell us the life of the people there. Like it very much. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
This is definitely something I wanna and must learn from u. Thanks for sharing.

Hi HC, thanks for comment.
Can always chat over a cup of coffee n cheesecake(on you;) ok? Just kidding)
on Travel photography
I shoot whatever comes by and whenever I feel with it.
Feeling toward what I see is vital than anything coz they must have something
in them that make me want to keep them in memories.

Hi HC, thanks for comment.
Can always chat over a cup of coffee n cheesecake(on you;) ok? Just kidding)
on Travel photography
I shoot whatever comes by and whenever I feel with it.
Feeling toward what I see is vital than anything coz they must have something
in them that make me want to keep them in memories.
Sure, anytime. ;p Thanks in advance. Will arrange. :bsmilie:

Breakfast

I followed the monks all the way to their monastery to see what they did after collecting
their morning Alms. shoot this shot through the wooden grill..but I was more daring to
go in to talk to them next day..haha
They would gather together for a very quick breakfast. Took some pix of them with foods..hope to share them here.

DSC_6015EFMFz.jpg

Breakfast

I followed the monks all the way to their monastery to see what they did after collecting
their morning Alms. shoot this shot through the wooden grill..but I was more daring to
go in to talk to them next day..haha
They would gather together for a very quick breakfast. Took some pix of them with foods..hope to share them here.

DSC_6015EFMFz.jpg

very good capture of the life of the monks Master Hosea :thumbsup:
didn't know u can speak Lao too :bigeyes:

young novice monks learnt and speak some english. pretty impressive and comprehensible in comparison to maybe Japan and Korea.

young novice monks learnt and speak some english. pretty impressive and comprehensible in comparison to maybe Japan and Korea.

They yearn for education....something I felt very strong when I strike a conversation
with them.

Thanks Zero, glad you like this..
:bsmilie: Me cannot speak Lao language :embrass: ....use some simple English n some
gesture. They are friendly.

They yearn for education....something I felt very strong when I strike a conversation
with them.
very remarkable :D
I met a laos friend in Beijing studying mandarin together. Going all the way to study a language that won't probably be much of use in his country, I feel that is very commendable of him :thumbsup:
Maybe he has the foresight of the usefulness in the future

I met a laos friend in Beijing studying mandarin together. Going all the way to study a language that won't probably be much of use in his country, I feel that is very commendable of him :thumbsup:

I agree, he is wise and have the future in mind. I believe you are too.. go all the way to BJ to study Mandarin.:)

Who zoom pass LPB?

Hiding under shade, I just observed the people passed by me.
Amazing, this is what I saw.

DSC_5743maz.jpg

Next, I saw these happy students cycling pass.
This is LPB, just relax and look around.... I truly enjoyed such trip.

DSC_5750maz.jpg

not true actually. northern laos share a border with yunnan. due to poor infrastructure, there is ongoing potential for development, of which China has a part to play with. there are also some yunnanese and chinese in northern laos, some of which may have been second generation or longer. they do speak mandarin, albeit hard to understand.

we met a senior monk who's yunnanese, as well as an akha who can speak mandarin.

not true actually. northern laos share a border with yunnan. due to poor infrastructure, there is ongoing potential for development, of which China has a part to play with. there are also some yunnanese and chinese in northern laos, some of which may have been second generation or longer. they do speak mandarin, albeit hard to understand.

we met a senior monk who's yunnanese, as well as an akha who can speak mandarin.
Thanks for the insight zoossh :)

I was in Laos in March and I must say very much inspired by zoossh and hosea. Special thanks to them and their postings.

I had come across many mandarin speaking older folks in Vientiane espeically in the so-called China town area. The Teochew dialect was widely spoken as well. They were friendly and nice people.

I was in Laos in March and I must say very much inspired by zoossh and hosea. Special thanks to them and their postings.

I had come across many mandarin speaking older folks in Vientiane espeically in the so-called China town area. The Teochew dialect was widely spoken as well. They were friendly and nice people.

Hope you did had a wonderful time at LAOS.
You pix look good, maybe crop off the left space betwn tree.
Maybe you can start a New thread to share with us your LAOS & Travel photos.
My time at Vientiane was very short.. Hope to see more of Vientiane and other places
you had visited.

Cheers:)

Hope you did had a wonderful time at LAOS.
You pix look good, maybe crop off the left space betwn tree.
Maybe you can start a New thread to share with us your LAOS & Travel photos.
My time at Vientiane was very short.. Hope to see more of Vientiane and other places
you had visited.
Cheers:)
Thanks a lot. I did enjoyed myself. Laos is a fascinating place, not so much of scenery but the easy-going + slow pace, street scene and people. Sure. I will be glad to share traveling experiences .... But here a toast to all (Beerlao)
Cheers ....

The Wedding

Heard some noises in the hut.. and was drag in.
Only to realized that it was a wedding lunch celebration.

DSC_7129mfZ.jpg

2 The Couple
DSC_7118mFZ.jpg

3 The Guests
DSC_7122mafbwz.jpg

4 Friendly Brother ...wine is a must
DSC_7138mfz.jpg

5 Friends and relatives
DSC_7131mz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.