Old Man Portrait

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazeeee

Sep 8, 2007
kazeeee.com
www.kazeeee.com
I took this photo and turned into B/W.

does this photo give a very sad feeling?
although this is a portrait, but the composition in landscape, is it weird?

well hope to get a lot of constructive comments here :embrass:

hi,

the pic is underexposed. cant really tell a sad emotion partly becos of not able to make out the subject's expression. 2ndly, no distinct expression or action to depict the sadness.

landscape is ok in this case and the bokeh is good though. :)

to me...it is important to see the eyes when it comes to portrait. Pic is way too under exposed...

I have no idea initialE24 and dingzyangz are saying.:think:

I think your photo really is impactful :thumbsup: |
Sure, it is 'underexposed' but i feel that that adds a sense of melancholy to the atmosphere of the shot.

I like the fact that i had to look hard it the darkness shrouding his eyes to make them out rather than if you made his eyes glaringly obvious.

Lastly, the 'hard' wrinkles on his face add a feeling of weariness to the image, which nicely compliments the sadness in his eyes.

its a good shot :thumbsup:

alright. thanks for the comments. will try to improve again next time!

keep the comments coming guys

its definitely up to ur personal preference. but I think it is way too dark for a head-only portrait. if trying to depict sadness, definitely need a distinct expression or a distinct action. If the main idea of increasing the contrast to bring out the wrinkles, then it might be slightly overkill. a bit too much i think... this pic shows more of the toil of the ahpek rather than sadness.

here's a picture of my granny.. picture (for reference and not for comparison)

bottomline is... if u think this is what u want to portray then stick to it. don't be swayed by comments of others. :)

alright. thanks for the comments. will try to improve again next time!

keep the comments coming guys

I have no idea initialE24 and dingzyangz are saying.:think:

I think your photo really is impactful :thumbsup: |
Sure, it is 'underexposed' but i feel that that adds a sense of melancholy to the atmosphere of the shot.

I like the fact that i had to look hard it the darkness shrouding his eyes to make them out rather than if you made his eyes glaringly obvious.

Lastly, the 'hard' wrinkles on his face add a feeling of weariness to the image, which nicely compliments the sadness in his eyes.

its a good shot :thumbsup:

maybe they mean its good, but can be better.
great shot there. ;)

Last edited:
No communication thru the eyes. flat picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.