Official Fuji X70 thread: The Petite Powerhouse

The OVF has a SRP of $349. Of course street price will be lower after release too.

If purchased together with the X70 preorder, there will be a $80 straight off discount so = $269 , good for consideration as I don foresee street being more than $80 cheaper.

The only concern is that the LCD is still on despite the ovf

Sent from my Elephone P7000 using Tapatalk

Wondering... What's the IQ difference going to be...inbtw 14mm F2.8 and X70+WCL-X70...

If they can add in the optical viewfinder then it is perfect. I think if u pay $1199+ $269 for viewfinder, can invest a bit more to buy X100T. More worthwhile.

That's a pretty good point lol.

Frankly if the VF is an absolute necessity , go for the X100T.

The advantage of the X70 is its small size despite a XTransII apsc sized sensor.

For one, I never understood those who got the OVF with the GR camera :p

That's a pretty good point lol.

Frankly if the VF is an absolute necessity , go for the X100T.

The advantage of the X70 is its small size despite a XTransII apsc sized sensor.

For one, I never understood those who got the OVF with the GR camera :p

X70 is great because of the lens. X100T gives the flexibility of f2 VS f2.8 and the OVF. Not a major issue but only under great sunlight then X70 might be difficult to compose using the LCD. Else I think it is ok

I tried the X100T and I thought sometimes just whack using LCD. Shooting with OVF make one look more pro but end result same

X70 silent shutter too.

Sent from my Elephone P7000 using Tapatalk

If they can add in the optical viewfinder then it is perfect. I think if u pay $1199+ $269 for viewfinder, can invest a bit more to buy X100T. More worthwhile.

agree.. same thoughts here too.

Actually, can get a first hand x100t for less than that. Lol. Aiya, shouldn't say, later i get educated about why buying local is better.

Actually, can get a first hand x100t for less than that. Lol. Aiya, shouldn't say, later i get educated about why buying local is better.

U got the point... $16xx includes TCL, definitely a good buy....

U got the point... $16xx includes TCL, definitely a good buy....

I think soon maybe now even lower than $16xx. Value for money especially when X200 isn't coming anytime soon.

I waiting for it since last year

Sweats ... I don know what is better or worse , having a model than has a long shelf life or throwing out models like the change of seasons lol.

Will update when more news of the X200 is out too but it's gonna be a long wait ahead

Tried the x70 at fujifilm studio, the AF is a bit slow IMHO. While phase detect AF is fast, too often the camera switched to contrast AF, and the lens searches through its focus range before locking on focus. Under the same condition, X100T feels decidely faster, especially in its contrast AF mode its search speed is much faster.
I think GR II might b faster as well.

Tried the x70 at fujifilm studio, the AF is a bit slow IMHO. While phase detect AF is fast, too often the camera switched to contrast AF, and the lens searches through its focus range before locking on focus. Under the same condition, X100T feels decidely faster, especially in its contrast AF mode its search speed is much faster.
I think GR II might b faster as well.

Interesting finding. Definitely a minus for X70. Can the distance be set in X70? Maybe that might help?

Interesting finding. Definitely a minus for X70. Can the distance be set in X70? Maybe that might help?

I'm not aware if there's a focus limiter. The speed feels like panasonic 20/1.7.

Now onto something more positive, the build quality us really nice, the tightness on all dials feels just right. Switch to MF you get the proper MF distance scale.

Any idea if there is in-built ND filter ? It's something I used often on my gr and x100s.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk