Official Fuji X70 thread: The Petite Powerhouse

Can share your views?

Hi . I replied to the same question thru PM to u.

Essentially two big differences are one of sensor size and that one is a zoom while one is a prime.

That said, forget the X70 with the WCL-X70 can do 21/28/35/50mm too.

Handling wise I really prefer the X70's implementation that allows me to change aperture , SS , exposure or even go to auto mode with physical buttons.

IQ wise I don think I should say much as there's many samples from either camera online for everyone to compare too.

Last edited:
Looks interesting. I think the Waxy issue might be there, somewhat waxy problem is reduced on higher end models (saw someone testing that) but then again is subjective... I like the fact that they are able to push the sensor so close to the LCD screen LOL like how they did for X100 series.

I noticed waxy details on prints of the size hung at Funan's ClubSNAP gallery for XM1, XE1 and XT1 just that i somehow felt the XT1 and XM1 prints were better.

I noticed waxy details on prints of the size hung at Funan's ClubSNAP gallery for XM1, XE1 and XT1 just that i somehow felt the XT1 and XM1 prints were better.

When I was choosing cameras (between X-T10 and X-T1), the photographer show me the IQ for all cameras taken by Fuji @6400.

So far out, X-T1 is most usable VS the rest.

I believe when X-E2 firmware pops, it may come close.

Sometimes, is not the sensor issue but the firmware and in camera process... turned out like this. (I could be wrong)

While X-Pro2 "could have" resolved it... let's see how the next X-T"X" performs.

A bit out of topic for above but coming back I hightly think X70 @6400 might be affected after all the widest F stop is also a limiting factor (and the lens element is not huge like the X-interchangeable series.)

Anyway, I somewhat felt while these cameras X100 series and X70 series are high end compact camera, they are still not designed for low light.

Last edited:
My wife will love the x70. Looks compact and great for street photography. Wonder anyone knows how the $80 rebate for viewfinder and wide lens converter cost?

Will definitely swing by TK photo when I am back in SG.

So many good cameras from Fuji. I have the XT1 and enjoy using it. I don't think I have money for another x70 or xpro.2. ..

So many good cameras from Fuji. I have the XT1 and enjoy using it. I don't think I have money for another x70 or xpro.2. ..

X70 still affordable la but xpro2 ...haiz

got an XM1, even with lowest NR setting at 6400 i see waxy face.
that's why I/m curious about the X70 at 6400 if also got the waxy face.

I'm waiting for a fuji cam that doesn't have the waxy face at high iso
X-Pro2 is out of my budget =) and I'm looking for compact one.

so if X70 dun have the waxy face, I'd probably upgrade to that =)

Hi all, after preorder do y'all know roughly when will the stock arrive? 😁

got an XM1, even with lowest NR setting at 6400 i see waxy face.
that's why I/m curious about the X70 at 6400 if also got the waxy face.

I'm waiting for a fuji cam that doesn't have the waxy face at high iso
X-Pro2 is out of my budget =) and I'm looking for compact one.

so if X70 dun have the waxy face, I'd probably upgrade to that =)

same sensor, same processor and almost same firmware of all the standard X series except X-Pro2(chopped cannot be more atas than X-T1 and X-Pro2 firmware)

hardly need to think much.

My wife will love the x70. Looks compact and great for street photography. Wonder anyone knows how the $80 rebate for viewfinder and wide lens converter cost?

Will definitely swing by TK photo when I am back in SG.

I think is as long as your pre-order first. The rebate will comes to you when collecting to camera to decide if the accessories is needed.

Sometimes , just let the images do the talking.

The X70 experience by X-Photographer Aik Beng, Chia.

http://www.aikbengchia.com/diary/X70

DSCF3742-Edit.jpg

Sometimes , just let the images do the talking. The X70 experience by X-Photographer Aik Beng, Chia. http://www.aikbengchia.com/diary/X70

To be fair, yes the camera produces great images. There are people who pixel peep and there are people who don't. To each his own. But that said, if we stay true to our own eyes, it is not hard to see the images look waxy on prints. If people have an issue with it, i think we should also accept their perspective and not use a good web image to suppress their opinion. :)

A demo unit of the X70 is now available in the Fujifilm Studio in Funan for hands on experience.
The other 2 cameras will only be available for demo on or after 29 Jan.

Nice! Very good for street photography. I think it will be good for landscape photograph too

Add the wide angle converter, you can 21mm , nice combo . Definitely will get the same image quality as the other X-Tran II sensor in X100S/T , X-T1 & 10

Add the wide angle converter, you can 21mm , nice combo . Definitely will get the same image quality as the other X-Tran II sensor in X100S/T , X-T1 & 10

Wasted the EVF is gone. Under bright lights, a bit challenging to look at the lcd but I think ok if one were to get the optional EVF. Any idea how much is the EVF?

Last i heard it was an OVF, not EVF tho.