Official Fuji X70 thread: The Petite Powerhouse

Like what Keith mentioned.. Both are quite compact... Given the x70 has more features as well as a better sensor and speedier af system... Coupled with the freebies thrown in, I feel it's worth the extra couple of bucks... Do note also gr/grii doesn't come with an external charger (which probably gonna cost u another 60-70?) and no extra goodies...

too bad X70 didnt come with Arcos film simulation leh

i saw online that the digital teleconverter to 35/50mm (did i use the correct term?) actually maintains the same amt of megapixels but just that the images looks bit fuzzy? Er I cant find the actual URL le...

@keith - any user reviews/comparison when you tried to teleconverter function? thanks for sharing! appreciate it!

Hi,

my review set didn't have this function ready and hence I wasn't able to test out the digital teleconverter function. What I believe however its basically a crop that allows one to have a WYSIWYG view for the 35/50mm focal lengths.

Fuji pre-order is usually the SRP.. so is $1199 is fixed pricing (i.e. no street price?).. :dunno:

Can this be charged by USB? Either power plug like handphone or powerbank

Fuji pre-order is usually the SRP.. so is $1199 is fixed pricing (i.e. no street price?).. :dunno:

There will be a street price later of course after launch, however it's likely the included free gifts will not be as good and the pwp for the WCL-X70 and OVF will not be available.

Can this be charged by USB? Either power plug like handphone or powerbank

Yeah , I tried charging with a Xiaomi power bank and it works. Our hand phone chargers with an USB output works too.

Hi,

my review set didn't have this function ready and hence I wasn't able to test out the digital teleconverter function. What I believe however its basically a crop that allows one to have a WYSIWYG view for the 35/50mm focal lengths.

ah ok understand..thanks..

hmm was wondering if you could shed some light on this..

link: http://jonasraskphotography.com/2016/01/15/the-fujifilm-x70-review/

A fun little feature in the X70 is the digital crop feature or “digital tele converter” as Fujifilm labels it. When shooting jpeg mode you can chose to use either a 28mm, 35mm or 50mm crop mode. (35mm eq.) The camera does some clever interpolation and wizardry so you actually get a full 16mp output file. Of course you can see the compression when you look closer, but for snapshots this feature is really cool.

does that mean even when using the digital crop to maybe, 50mm, i can still get a 16mp image?

By loss of compression, it means the quality is not as detailed when you zoom in is it?

Something like using 8 bit and 16 bit files in Photoshop?

PS: I know this ques isn't really part of your review, but will appreciate your kind advice...i'm not really well versed in these technical terms :(

Last edited:
Do anyone know if x70 already available at funan fuji showroom?

Do anyone know if x70 already available at funan fuji showroom?

Probably in the showroom after the SG official launch event on the 29 Jan

I just confirmed.

there will definitely be a street price later, but there will be no freebies at all. Given how much it will drop, i'll say be smart and don skip the preorder if one wants it.

Fujifilm X70 price at B&H, AMAZON etc all changed from 799 to 699. Seems there was an error initially regarding price. Don't know if Sg price is correct though

I just confirmed. there will definitely be a street price later, but there will be no freebies at all. Given how much it will drop, i'll say be smart and don skip the preorder if one wants it.

Ok cool thanks Keith.. :)

Looks interesting.

I think the Waxy issue might be there, somewhat waxy problem is reduced on higher end models (saw someone testing that) but then again is subjective...

I like the fact that they are able to push the sensor so close to the LCD screen LOL like how they did for X100 series.

Nice preview by Keith. Seems like an awesome compact camera. I wonder how is this compared to Sony RX100IV? Seems like a close fight but Sony seems to be wider hence probably more versatile.

Any thoughts?

Nice preview by Keith. Seems like an awesome compact camera. I wonder how is this compared to Sony RX100IV? Seems like a close fight but Sony seems to be wider hence probably more versatile.

Any thoughts?

Different sensor..cant compare