Official Fuji X70 thread: The Petite Powerhouse

Yes, just got confirmation from Click Camera and Fuji showroom and facebook fuji ClubX, keith mentioned after 2pm. But best to call still b4 going down.

Yup , collection for X70 preorders ready from this Thurs 2pm onwards. The dealers will be calling too.

As stated , the X70 lens adapter & hood and the half case / strap was only available for the pre-order.

24651893452_95c1d213af_b.jpg

Last edited:
Any idea if there will be extra stocks available for non pre orders??

Hi , non pre order stocks will be available from this Friday onwards :)

Do you happen to know which dealer has stock for non pre order? Thanks

any inputs regarding the viewfinder??
will u guys also be getting it also??

any inputs regarding the viewfinder?? will u guys also be getting it also??

I've the OVF , it's small and fits very snugly into the X70. The 21/28 frame lines are very bright and easy to 'see'.

I realized my shooting method changed with the X70 with now face and eye detection off instead and I use the touch screen AF to select focal point before shooting too.

Do u recommend getting the ovf?

Do u recommend getting the ovf?

For me and my usage habits , nope. Even though I have the OVF and its really a very well constructed one.

I come from the X100T and I admit i miss having the very nice hybrid OVF/EVF at times but the X70's crazy winning point is its APSC and smaller than the GR (or even an iPhone 6) so I wouldn't want to bulk it up with an additional OVF.

For me and my usage habits , nope. Even though I have the OVF and its really a very well constructed one.

I come from the X100T and I admit i miss having the very nice hybrid OVF/EVF at times but the X70's crazy winning point is its APSC and smaller than the GR (or even an iPhone 6) so I wouldn't want to bulk it up with an additional OVF.

Agree with Keith, that's how I would be doing too if I have this cam. But if u need an ovf perhaps due to use to using dslr rather than lcd, or prepare that for compositional purposes or better hand holding, then u will find it useful.

Wonglp and Keith thanks very much for the advice

Probably will skip it for now then.

Eagerly waiting for shops to call for collection haha

Received call from HN to collect my new gear....

Actually the GR is slightly slimmer, smaller and lighter.

For discreet handling, GR.

Bring your GR to compare and decide what works for you.

24439425559_e84ba5ec24_b.jpg

The GR II lens elements also protudes when shooting.

24180290153_b50335555c_b.jpg

Never bother going to Fuji Stuido or Kamera shops to try and not in my list to get as well.

The reaons for me to consider will be the touch screen for the focusing and the compact size.

That's why it is useless to have the OVF... IMHO!

I know the touch function can be turned off but if using with OVF and your nose or face keep tapping the screen and you forgot to off the touch screen.

Sianz... 1/2

Last edited:
Hello peeps.. Anyone not collected their preorder and want to give it up.. Drop me a PM.. My friend may be keen.. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mounted the TCL-X100 on this little cam... Totally an enjoyable portrait set-up, pairing w touch screen.

I am looking for a sleek camera with selfi screen, at first I am considering the A5100 and now come this...
which one is recommended?