Mt Kinabalu - My Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
jeffhiew said:
Really? you enjoyed the trip too?

yes!! a very tiring trip!! Great to take some nice pics!:)

Like the 1st shot, well done! You were lucky!

GOMUS said:
yes!! a very tiring trip!! Great to take some nice pics!:)

That early morning rain was a killer, man. My boots were soaking wet, really spoil my mood.

jeffhiew said:
That early morning rain was a killer, man. My boots were soaking wet, really spoil my mood.

me too. My fingers were numbs, my feet were very cold. cannot trigger my shutter when i pulled out my camera, no mood to frame the view. getting better after 'warming up'. Great photos you have captured!!

another shot here:
MT_01A_FG.jpg

GOMUS said:
me too. My fingers were numbs, my feet were very cold. cannot trigger my shutter when i pulled out my camera, no mood to frame the view. getting better after 'warming up'. Great photos you have captured!!

another shot here:

Thanks, was lucky I guess. BTW, were you the guy that carried the tripod to the summit?

jeffhiew said:
Thanks, was lucky I guess. BTW, were you the guy that carried the tripod to the summit?

yes. i did carrying a tripod!!:)

Very beautiful, especially the blue sky shots.

Can post some of the best shots HERE too?

I don't mind Double Posting :bsmilie:

Thanks

jc1 said:
Very beautiful, especially the blue sky shots.

Can post some of the best shots HERE too?

I don't mind Double Posting :bsmilie:

Thanks

jc1, the sky turns very blue after the sunrise for a half hour. i have some other shoots in raw, yet to downsize. I spend long hour there, enjoy myself taking photos!! have fun indeed!

singdude said:

Look like the place didnt change much after 10 years:bigeyes:

Too bad my manual film cam failed when i was at the summit, but this pic of Laban Rata certainly bring back a lot of memories.

i was having fever and wanted to give up and stay at Laban Rata. Next morning, I had a big cup of Kopi O (first time drinking kopi O) and suddenly i feel so much energetic because the Kopi O was so bitter :bsmilie:

My only regret was that i didnt bring enough clothing (my jacket was not water proof) and i almost lost my way while i was lagging behind cos i forgot to bring a torch light :sweat:

Wonderful shots :thumbsup:

How much did you spend for this trip ?

Wai said:
i was having fever and wanted to give up and stay at Laban Rata. Next morning, I had a big cup of Kopi O (first time drinking kopi O) and suddenly i feel so much energetic because the Kopi O was so bitter :bsmilie:

Yeah, this Mt is no joke. One of my friend had altitude sickness, while the other had fever and vomitted. On our way down. Two guys had knee injury. My jacket is not water proof, the poncho didn't give adequate protection at the summit, and whole body was frozen stiff. One of my friend's poncho was blown away b'cos both his hands were frozen.
:nono:

But was fun though.

Love_sky said:
Wonderful shots :thumbsup:

How much did you spend for this trip ?

Tx, S$600+, we also went for Padas River Rafting (Grade 3 to 4) after the climb.

PadasRiver060319038-resize.jpg

PadasRiver060319088-resize.jpg

PadasRiver060319065-resize.jpg

Very breathtaking pics...thanks for sharing...always wanted to go there...

Tango3 said:
I like these 2, very nice. Reminds me when I did the climb back in 1991 when I was 13.... And reminds me that I almost gave up at the point in the first photo.

It was fun wasn't it?

Thank for the info bro, try to chio my friend to go there for photography :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.