MRT. Pretty, yet dangerous

Didn't I called myself a lowly blue-collar worker.... how good do you think the pay is :think:

I started more 12yrs ago with a starting pay of $12xx SGD.... 12yrs later, new drivers are still offered $12xx.... and they have less max leave, and max paid then I have.

Consider us as nothing more than Bus Driver that wear ties.... nothing more :thumbsd:

hmm. jiayous bah:think: dun worry i'm a part time construction worker:bsmilie: and be proud. several hundred ppl lives are in ur hands when ur driving :D

Is SMRT the only company in SG which had a strike?

Thats looong before my time..... and isn't really a strike, but mass report sick. :bsmilie:

Whether you're a Bus or Mrt Captain or even sweeper, your role are deeply respect by many.

I believe all human are equal whether he has or without a status.
Although the world is money driven but somethings just cannot be weight by money or status.

hmm. jiayous bah. dun worry i'm a part time construction worker and be proud. several hundred ppl lives are in ur hands when ur driving.

Err... I perfer a higher pay then ppl's respect.... respect don't pay for my photography or Underwater gears.... or get me discount when I buy food at the Hawker Centre. While many things can't be weight by $$$$ alone..... many things still need $$$$ to get.... :sweat:

Err... I perfer a higher pay then ppl's respect.... respect don't pay for my photography or Underwater gears.... or get me discount when I buy food at the Hawker Centre. While many things can't be weight by $$$$ alone..... many things still need $$$$ to get.... :sweat:

Err... yah... sigh... Life goes on...

Thats looong before my time..... and isn't really a strike, but mass report sick. :bsmilie:

and i have to agree on this one. money is still impt for us to buy stuff. especially cameras:bsmilie:

Err... yah... sigh... Life goes on...

and i have to agree on this one. money is still impt for us to buy stuff. especially cameras:bsmilie:

That's life of a S'porean.... not just for camera stuffs. U go try and find a girl in S'pore that wouldn't look down on your pay. Lets face it... I work to get paid... not for respect or to fulfill service to the public.

Btw... we just got some rumors from HQ.... Night Shift personal will now be 'rope-in' to patrol the depot at night.... Now not only am I driving train for a living... but also on guard duty.... all on the same amount of pay ;(

Last edited:
That's life of a S'porean.... not just for camera stuffs. U go try and find a girl in S'pore that wouldn't look down on your pay. Lets face it... I work to get paid... not for respect or to fulfill service to the public.

Btw... we just got some rumors from HQ.... Night Shift personal will now be 'rope-in' to patrol the depot at night.... Now not only am I driving train for a living... but also on guard duty.... all on the same amount of pay ;(

hmm. have u considered changing jobs?:think:

sadly sg is like this. even more so rampant in the teens. to give u an idea, cause i cant splurge like mad on my gf means i lost her to someone who can:bsmilie: ironically, money i spend comes from my part time job. money other kids spend are just parents money.:sweat:

bo bian. for us youths can only work and study harder and hope that we have a better future lor:bsmilie:

Hope is just rumour only lo.

The Union is not strong in here... so no choice, just accept it lo...

hmm. have u considered changing jobs?

sadly sg is like this. even more so rampant in the teens. to give u an idea, cause i cant splurge like mad on my gf means i lost her to someone who can ironically, money i spend comes from my part time job. money other kids spend are just parents money.

bo bian. for us youths can only work and study harder and hope that we have a better future lor

If I had study harder when I was young.... Now... to late already :(

But to be honest.... the job isn't too bad, beside its low pay :sweat:. I've survived 3 recession since 1998 without a fear of losing my job (Public Transportation sector is kind of recession proof :bsmilie:)... The hours is long and I work 7 kind of Shift.... burn most Weekend & Holidays. But once you get used to it.... weekend and holidays will meant little to you.

And being a lowly worker.... I can take long leave in a row with out my boss making noise about who to replace me while I'm gone. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Maybe they can get reservists to patrol at nite. Glad I completed my 10 yr cycle 2 yrs ago.

Sounds like a company that I know. Must be the idea of some scholars in the SMRT management. :bsmilie: