Model Shoot with Melody (Lingerie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurboiboi

Jan 8, 2003
Loyang
blurboiboi.instantlogic.com
First time attempting model shoot....
shot them awhile back.... just remembered them and took them out to process...
hope you guys like them...
C&C are most welcome!!!!... I would like to know areas i can improve in... thanks!

MelodyLow1.jpg

MelodyLow2.jpg

MelodyLow3.jpg

MelodyLow4.jpg

to be entirely honest.... and I am not sorry to say this.

I find the whole idea of shooting so call "model" in lingerie in hotel room is wrong unless there is a specific reason to do so. However, most images that shown has done nothing but degrading the subject.

If you have to do it, make sure you spend time to get a couple of ideas correctly without making the images looks cheap and kinky.

Sorry for the rant... but this is unacceptable in my book.

Regards,

Hart

to be entirely honest.... and I am not sorry to say this.

I find the whole idea of shooting so call "model" in lingerie in hotel room is wrong unless there is a specific reason to do so. However, most images that shown has done nothing but degrading the subject.

If you have to do it, make sure you spend time to get a couple of ideas correctly without making the images looks cheap and kinky.

Sorry for the rant... but this is unacceptable in my book.

Regards,

Hart

I agree 100%... But heck, if *I* say it, people get upset. ;)

composition is off. honestly the only thing the guys'll be staring at is her chest.

and she can't pose for nuts. same expression is all the shots?

composition is off. honestly the only thing the guys'll be staring at is her chest.

and she can't pose for nuts. same expression is all the shots?

I think it's fairly safe to say that's the only required qualification to be a "lingerie model" on CS.

hi guys.. haha... thanks for your "constructive" feedbacks...
but seriously I think shooting a lingerie model in a hotel room and say outdoor in a different kind of setting makes no diff...
if it generates "dirty" thoughts or somehow if one thinks it "degrades" the model then perhaps its the viewer problem already...

this is my first model shoot so I decided to go for something different... thus indoor lingerie was chosen over others which i have seen over and over again in CS...

I really hope to get some "whys" the pics are not good and "how" to improve on them...
rather then just a general this is not good w/o reasons... and ohz composition is off w/o saying why...
I have seen many threads of decent model pictures taken by newbies (like myself) in CS getting criticized w/o constructive feedbacks from those that made the noises....
A few of my friends done that experienced that and subsequently stop shooting/posting...

Sorry for having to say this cos I seek improvements/encouragements and not demoralization.. look at the pic as a whole and not just the chest...
but if you do have ideas on how I can get models to pose better... or how to get better compositions... or use specific lightings to create different mood... or perhaps using photoshop to add in specific effects to make the pics looks better...
I more then welcome them... :)

thanks for viewing once again... and of cos your feedbacks...

Last edited:

If I had said it, uproar!

In my not so humbled opinion, this set of pictures is bad, but it is so typical, it might some build itself enough traction and become a genre. God forbid!

pardon me. last night i was stoning when i typed :sweat:

i think the key to why it looks like a dirty man's dream is her eyes and posing. maybe you should have told her to change her expressions. she seems bored with that stoned face of her's, which i think is a result of her trying to make the eyes bigger by forcing them open.

and with the composition, she's always in the center of the frame. i find that a little boring. and in others, you chopped off her appendages. (at #7)

or because of the DOF, turned her body into what looks like a blob. look at #1, #2 and #5 for an example.

also, your use of a wide-angle lens only served to distort the model's body, turning her into a long-bodied, short-legged person. it does nothing to flatter the model.
(#3 is an example of that)

i think the key to why it looks like a dirty man's dream is her eyes and posing. maybe you should have told her to change her expressions. she seems bored with that stoned face of her's, which i think is a result of her trying to make the eyes bigger by forcing them open.

and with the composition, she's always in the center of the frame. i find that a little boring. and in others, you chopped off her appendages. (at #7)

or because of the DOF, turned her body into what looks like a blob. look at #1, #2 and #5 for an example.

also, your use of a wide-angle lens only served to distort the model's body, turning her into a long-bodied, short-legged person. it does nothing to flatter the model.

the photographer needs to take the lion share of the responsibility if the picture is bad, yet if the picture is good, it is an equal collaboration, at the very least, between the photogrpaher and the model.

That said, why the pictures are bad is very simple, if you wnat to shoot seduction, sluttiness, cheap sex, then do it. Many great images are of these genre. Key is to do it right. Deliver what is meant to be delivered. Right now, these pictures looked like the end product of the GWC machine gunning away.

So, not wanting to be accused of slamming without constructive comments, my advise is, go look at images you like, recreate them, then, experiment, and if lucky, create a style of your own!

thanks for the input! :) will pay special attention to my composition next time round...
I was playing with really limited space back then.... in a small room and confined toilet so there is'nt much for me to fill in the frame perhaps thats why I simply keep the model in the center of the frame... to filter out distracting backgrounds...
She has other poses of cos... acting cute... smilie etc juz that I took out the more serious more lustious poses to showcase as I feel it fits the theme "Lingerie" shoot more...

the shallow DOF making body blobby and wide angle distorting body... wow picked up something new here... thanks!...

this is constructive... :) unlike others who simply sing poems to the dead... i wonder whats so "cool" about the dead anyway...

thanks for the input! :) will pay special attention to my composition next time round...
I was playing with really limited space back then.... in a small room and confined toilet so there is'nt much for me to fill in the frame perhaps thats why I simply keep the model in the center of the frame... to filter out distracting backgrounds...
She has other poses of cos... acting cute... smilie etc juz that I took out the more serious more lustious poses to showcase as I feel it fits the theme "Lingerie" shoot more...

the shallow DOF making body blobby and wide angle distorting body... wow picked up something new here... thanks!...

this is constructive... :) unlike others who simply sing poems to the dead... i wonder whats so "cool" about the dead anyway...

Before I express my thoughts about your photos I'd like to say that you shouldn't worry too much about what some members of this forum say. They have a very long way to go to learn how to be constructive yet polite. Some of them will never learn. That's life. Now, my thoughts:

1. On some photos the background has too many details that are unnecessary and may distract a viewer from the main subject of the photograph.
2. You have a rather unique way of cropping/framing your photos. I'm not saying it's good or bad. Just unusual. Framing or rather positioning a subject inside a picture has a lot of impact on how people perceive your photos.
3. These kind of photography is not something I do but some time ago I came across this page: F e y a G a l l e r y Of course, this is a different genre than lingerie photography but looking at related genres might be inspirational and help with what you do.

Thanks for sharing:)

blurboiboi said:

DP has a point. You need to communicate more with the model. It's no excuse for her face to always look like that. Her face is like that in almost every photo of her members have posted.

Some people just derive pleasure from putting people down. Thanks for sharing and keep shooting, there is potential in everyone.

I don't get any pleasure putting people down nor having any intention to do so.

However, maybe when you have your own daughter and seeing her pictures on CS like that might change your perspective. If that's too far to visualize, perhaps one day you realise your gf pictures like that taken by others? Will be interesting isn't it?

Don't always think about yourself...

I do find some people here can't understand genuine concern, "sigh" what a great society.

Regards,

Hart

Last edited:
I think the whole set is nice. I like it. Dirty or not lies in the mind of the people looking at it. It's a matter of opinion. At the very least it's not a model in lingerie masked as a fantasy fairy shot...this one more direct..

Agetan said:
I don't get any pleasure putting people down nor having any intention to do so.

However, maybe when you have your own daughter and seeing her pictures on CS like that might change your perspective.

Don't always think about yourself...

I do find some people here can't understand genuine concern, "sigh" what a great society.

Regards,

Hart

Have you seen the real "dirty" ones around?

You don't go watch a R movie and tell the audience watching that it's dirty and what if the actress is your daughter....you have a choice...the photographer already put it that it's a lingerie shot and even if he didn't, you shouldn't even look when you see the photographs esp when you don't like this genre...

Have you seen the real "dirty" ones around?

You don't go watch a R movie and tell the audience watching that it's dirty and what if the actress is your daughter....you have a choice...the photographer already put it that it's a lingerie shot and even if he didn't, you shouldn't even look when you see the photographs esp when you don't like this genre...

Interesting the way you put it...

I don't mind shot with people in lingerie if it is executed nicely as mentioned on my first post.

There is a nude pictures but there are naked pictures.. To many there is no different. To some there is a fine line differences.

Anyway... Perhaps just my worthless point of view for many.

Regards,

Hart

Status
Not open for further replies.