MF/LF Outing - Whampoa , Balestier Trail Part II 25th Feb 2012 afternoon

How much is a Arax???

the 80mm f2.8 tilt shift lens is tempting!!!

Ops just found it while googling! v affordable
http://www.araxfoto.com/price/

Last edited:
Welcome you should ask the Trolley Gang to join.

Oy! LLKAng and FoxTwo, Fall in!!

hahah sorry I'm on standby for good weather for a exterior archi shoot, so I cannot commit. :(

Oh no, guys, lets this thread not go down into equipment discussion....
we can always meet somewhere to check equipment next week. ;)

1.Nikkornos (still shoot Mamiya, those who want to shoot night I stay to about 7 plus)
2.zguy (have to leave ard 6 plus or so)
3.WootSK (Boss can borrow your Kiev 88CM to hands on. I bring a roll of 120.)
4.SheldonChew (Vege Bird friend, interested in TLR, currently still living with 135. Do contact him if you have a mechanically and optically working TLR willing to let go below 200SGD)
5.lualua (tentative)

1.Nikkornos (shooting Toyo 4X5, those who want to shoot night I stay to about 7 plus)
3.WootSK (no cam to spare yet sorry)
4.SheldonChew (..... y working TLR willing to let go below 200SGD)
5.lualua (tentative)

1.Nikkornos (shooting Toyo 4X5, those who want to shoot night I stay to about 7 plus)
3.WootSK (No issue, I guess I might bring my biggest wife for a single shot then go drink coffee, reducing back not here yet due to some screw up shipment, not planning to show to too big a group, I guess 4-5 people is fine :))
5.lualua (tentative)

2.zguy (good weather then i bring 4x5, else i will bring 6x17. have to leave ard 6 plus or so)
3.WootSK (No issue, I guess I might bring my biggest wife for a single shot then go drink coffee, reducing back not here yet due to some screw up shipment, not planning to show to too big a group, I guess 4-5 people is fine )
5.lualua (tentative)

ha ha ha... I completely missed this thread... next time shout louder OK !

I try to make it this time, but evening shoot is very challenging...
keep in touch :)

Billy

Welcome you should ask the Trolley Gang to join.

Oy! LLKAng and FoxTwo, Fall in!!

2.zguy (good weather then i bring 4x5, else i will bring 6x17. have to leave ard 6 plus or so)
3.WootSK (No issue, I guess I might bring my biggest wife for a single shot then go drink coffee, reducing back not here yet due to some screw up shipment, not planning to show to too big a group, I guess 4-5 people is fine )
5.lualua (tentative)
6.lkkang ( 4x5 Calumet )

5.lualua (tentative)
6.lkkang ( 4x5 Calumet )
7.Pikapig
8.Thedraperyfall

6896105755_a3c22c0627_z.jpg

image.ashx

Balestier Meeting Second Trip to finish the left overs.

Balestier Trail :: Singapore HeritageFest 2011

Meeting Place: Blk 90 Whampoa Drive - Map of Whampoa Drive Block 90 Market & Food Centre 320090
Take note there are 2 food centre structures there, look for blk 90.
Date: 25 February 2012 (Saturday)
Time: 4pm meet at hawker center (subjected to change)
Directions to get there . Bus 21, 124, 125, 131. Else just flag a taxi

Suggested Stop points :

**We can start late as the night scene at Balestier is nice too
Art Deco Shophouses, the one opposite Boon Tong Kee
Balestier Market
Former Shaw's Malay Film Studios
Goh Chor Tua Pek Kong Temple (re shoot?)
Sim Kwong Ho Shophouse I
Sim Kwong Ho Shophouse II
Kim Keat Road old houses
Novena Church
Rayman Estate
Water Kiosk - Corner of Boon Teck Road

Suggested equipment:

1. MF long lens (reach the Sim Kwong Ho Shophouse details at 6pm)
2. LF long lens
3. Super wides

Wet Weather Plan : If it drizzle/rain before the outing, then it is up to your own (including myself) discretion to turn up or not
If it drizzle/rain during the outing, pack up and go have a coffee or breakfast nearby

Keen? Leave your name here!

Bumping the details up again here...4pm no change hor?

Swee, 4PM on.

Anyone want to pose like 蜡笔小新 ?

Today outing is interesting and i learned alot. :)

Any MF poison took place? heehee :p

you learned a lot ???? from who ??

Everyone.
Learning arranging items in the trolley system from master billy.
Learning the convience of a foldable charmonix system from lao da.
Learning mf bronica, mamiya 7II and hassy system handling from the 3 mf user.
Learning mf tlr system, flash and some ambience lighting control from boss and lau lau.
Learning some cla system and holding it, how to walk to whampoa from novena from sheldonchew.

Most important is i learn is that after my self timer reached, i must bring it so boss can be included in group photo!
When you add all, it is alot that Vege Bird learned today. :)

You guys missed out alot more! :bsmilie:

The row of shops was glowing in lights at about 7:20pm. I couldn't help but properly shot two 4X5 there using 90mm

I walked back to blk 90, while waiting for transport, I saw that the sky was deep blue and the hawker center was nice.
I opened up the system again at the exit of car part, directly opposite the Whampoa Hawker Center.

While focusing a gentlemen shouted 4X5 ! An old time who owns Sinar and Schneider lenses!
We exchanged contacts and he shall give me one 150mm Schneider lens!
Also, he has a very old E6 auto machine that has tubes at the back and can AUTO process.
If that is the same one as Loshen, either we have spare parts or second system!!

When I finished the first 4X5, two girls came up and inquired a lot about 4X5. They may join us in next outing ! :cool:

Nice evening! I had dinner there, and lots more things. I shall organize one more NIGHT OUT AT WHAMPOA.

Damn Jonathan, looks liked we missed a lot.
Good that it's gaining momentum, looking forward to the next outing. :)