Mantidfly Sighting !

Dansen

Feb 6, 2011
Visited RRR Nangka & Durian Loop trail yesterday and found my first Mantidfly. Appreciate feedback for improvement and Thanks for viewing !

#1 Mantidfly
5842687062_fd7414be46_b.jpg

#2 Mantidfly
5842687068_c2f340cd38_b.jpg

#3 Robberfly with prey
5842687076_4847d54390_b.jpg

#4 Robberfly with prey
5842687074_c63aee6f0e_b.jpg

#5 Jumping Spider with prey
5842743096_41996bd31f_b.jpg

#6 Tiger Beetle
5842746030_bd1fe7a685_b.jpg

#7 Anybody know its ID ?
5842687088_5297b2bf60_b.jpg

#8 Cicada
5842687080_6ee526f5d0_b.jpg

Nice series bug shot love them all :thumbsup::heart:

Nice series especially #1 and #3 :thumbsup:

May I suggest you give a little more space in front of subject during cropping :)

Last edited:
Congrats on the find Dansen!

Agree with Victor on the cropping. Over cropping degrades the quality/sharpness of the pic as well, so u could try to compose the frame u want when shooting to avoid cropping, and remember to leave more space around the subject.

Doing many solo trips these days? hehe

Congrat for finding the Mantidfly.

Your flash is bit harsh.. should try to reduce the flash ouput power and play with ISO, Aperature & Speed setting to compensate after that.

Overall there is improvement on yr recent shots... keep shooting & posting

Cheers

#7 looks like flies with gas mask =D =D

Gd find and good series bro. some shots are OOF and lighting can be improved

Nice series bug shot love them all :thumbsup::heart:

Thanks Tarzanboy. Glad You like them.

Nice series especially #1 and #3 :thumbsup:

May I suggest you give a little more space in front of subject during cropping :)

Thanks Victor. Point noted and really appreciate your feedback.

Very nice find. Still waiting to shoot my first mantidlfy. The RF shots are nice too.

Congrats on the find Dansen!

Agree with Victor on the cropping. Over cropping degrades the quality/sharpness of the pic as well, so u could try to compose the frame u want when shooting to avoid cropping, and remember to leave more space around the subject.

Doing many solo trips these days? hehe

Nicky, thanks for the feedback and definitely heed your expert advice. Sorry cant join the night outing yesterday as I have poor night visibility especially if it is pitch dark.

Congrat for finding the Mantidfly.

Your flash is bit harsh.. should try to reduce the flash ouput power and play with ISO, Aperature & Speed setting to compensate after that.

Overall there is improvement on yr recent shots... keep shooting & posting

Cheers

Thanks Lance for the encouragement and will take heed of your comment on flash intensity & exposure setting.

#7 looks like flies with gas mask =D =D
Thanks Edmund for dropping by. Very unique fly and I really interested to know the name of this insect also.

Nice series bro, likes the Robberfly shots :thumbsup:
Thanks Bro and glad you like the robbers !

Gd find and good series bro. some shots are OOF and lighting can be improved
Thanks Sagita. Will take note of your valuable feedback and try my best to improve.

Very nice find. Still waiting to shoot my first mantidlfy. The RF shots are nice too.
Hi Victor, found the mantidfly under a leaf along Durain Loop. Pretty sure you will find this unique insect soon. Best of luck and thanks for comment on RF too!

Nice shot Dansen, lighting can be improved overall nice find.. ;)

I like your shot #3 and #4 Robber fly with prey. All are very nicely take.

Nice shot Dansen, lighting can be improved overall nice find.. ;)
Thanks JK for the comments. Anyway nice meeting you yesterday !:)

I like your shot #3 and #4 Robber fly with prey. All are very nicely take.
Thanks daviid. Glad you like them! :)

Lovely series. Wow..everyone is shooting mantisfly.
Thanks Kurt. Looks like mantidfly season is upon us. Best of luck in your hunt up north!:)

Dansen, good series. You're getting a lot of rare bugs nowadays. Good job.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dansen, good series. You're getting a lot of rare bugs nowadays. Good job.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks Lew for the comments.:)