Manchester United V: English Premier League Defending Champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn...Gunners again outscored us by 1 goal....so goal dif -1 now....our strikers all MIA...IMO we need the diversity of Saha or even Manucho(if his permit is granted quickly)....Rooney is really Looney at the moment :sweat: Luckily Ronaldo still firing well :thumbsup:

Lucky we +37, they +32, we will out score them soon n when Manucho gt his clearence to play and we got the best defence!;p:devil:

Lucky we +37, they +32, we will out score them soon n when Manucho gt his clearence to play and we got the best defence!;p:devil:

Dun think so bro...as SAF already said it will be too late for him this season....but will groom him during he off-season.......good for Roo to miss afew....as this will spur him to score more in the next few games.....esp against Lyon !!!

Dun think so bro...as SAF already said it will be too late for him this season....but will groom him during he off-season.......good for Roo to miss afew....as this will spur him to score more in the next few games.....esp against Lyon !!!

SAF also said he will groom Anderson but look where is he now!:bsmilie:
I think if he were to obtain WP, he may come on as a sub ...... SAF too eager to start him ...... just look at him 3 goals in 3 games in the African cup....:thumbsup::devil:

Just saw Ronaldo's 2 gols against Portsmouth. Simply beautiful.:kiss:

Welbeck relishes his chance

United’s teenage striker Danny Welbeck is targeting more involvement in the Reds senior team after being given a taste of first-team action on the recent trip to Saudi Arabia.

The skilful 17-year-old striker, who was part of the squad that reported for duty against Portsmouth, made a distinct impression as a substitute in the 3-2 friendly defeat to Al Hilal in Riyadh last week.

Reds boss Sir Alex Ferguson says Welbeck, an England U17 international, will now be regularly involved with the first-team and could be given his competitive debut before the end of the current season after being handed the squad number 47.

For Welbeck, it was back to Under-18 duties last weekend, scoring the first goal in a 3-3 draw with Everton.

“I’m trying to get as many goals as possible,” he told MUTV. “I scored again for the U18s and I want to keep on scoring goals.”

But the lure of first-team football is intense, especially after his experience in the Middle East.

“It was great,” the Manchester-born forward declared. “The players and the coaches were all really welcoming. They helped me get through it all. The training was so quick, but it was a good experience.

“It was a shame that I missed the penalty, but I’m over that now. I hope I can be involved with the first team more often, which can only help me improve as a player.”

Suddenly like have quite a no of strikers, Rooney, Saha, Tevez, Dong, Manucho and now got Welbeck, plus goal scoring midfielder Ronaldo, Park, Scholes, Carrick, Hagreaves, Nani, Anderson....... think we should not have any goal drought!:bsmilie::devil:

Just saw Ronaldo's 2 gols against Portsmouth. Simply beautiful.:kiss:

His freekick is getting more n more accurate ...... Should over take Beckham in no time!:devil:

Boss stunned by Cup draw

Sir Alex Ferguson admits he was stunned to learn United had been drawn with yet another Premier League side when the Reds were paired with Arsenal in the FA Cup fifth round.

Incredibly, it'll be the tenth time in succession that United have faced top flight opposition and the Reds' boss jokingly suggested it is becoming more than just a coincidence.

"I just can't believe it!" he told MUTV. "Everyone thinks the draw is fixed so BBC can get the best game - I'm beginning to wonder!

"I think there were four ties that came out before ours without us, Arsenal or Chelsea and I was thinking 'oh come on, surely it can't happen?'

"Nevertheless, I always say you can't ask for any more than a home draw. The build-up will be enormous and I'm sure there will be interest from everyone all over the world. Sometimes these games can disappoint, but I'm sure it'll be a fantastic Cup tie."

:devil:

His freekick is getting more n more accurate ...... Should over take Beckham in no time!:devil:

David Beckham used to score many freekicks when he played for ManU but I don't remember seeing any of his freekicks which were as stunning as that scored by Ronaldo against Portsmouth. I think now we can mention Ronaldo as a superb freekick taker in the same breath as Beckham or even better in times to come.

Welbeck relishes his chance

Suddenly like have quite a no of strikers, Rooney, Saha, Tevez, Dong, Manucho and now got Welbeck, plus goal scoring midfielder Ronaldo, Park, Scholes, Carrick, Hagreaves, Nani, Anderson....... think we should not have any goal drought!:bsmilie::devil:

But my money will be on the one and only MAN-U-cho :lovegrin: Lets sing together MAN-U-cho

http://youtube.com/watch?v=09ifH5eHsDY

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EV-yWekgu_4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvWuOKQGml4&NR=1

But my money will be on the one and only MAN-U-cho :lovegrin: Lets sing together MAN-U-cho

http://youtube.com/watch?v=09ifH5eHsDY

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EV-yWekgu_4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvWuOKQGml4&NR=1

The commentary was awesome.......hee hee
Somehow reminds me of Dutch striker Patrick Kluivert ! He was supposed to join Man Utd too but instead went to Newcastle ???

Tomorrow nite 11pm we will beat them for the 3rd time this season!

Match Pack: Tottenham

United have beaten Tottenham twice this season, but Juande Ramos' unpredictable Spurs side will be keen to exact revenge at White Hart Lane.

Form Guide: Despite a resurgence under Ramos, Tottenham still haven't discovered any consistency in the league. They've taken just four points from their last four league games. However, they are unbeaten in their last six home games in all competitions. United are on a run of six straight wins, with 27 points from 30 in the last ten league games.

Ins and Outs: At this stage of the season, Sir Alex will be delighted to say that he has almost a full squad to choose from. For Spurs, Darren Bent, Benoit Assou-Ekotto (both knee), Anthony Gardner and Gareth Bale (both ankle) are all out, Juande Ramos can call on new January signings Jonathan Woodgate and Alan Hutton.

Star Men: Ronaldo is in unstoppable form for United, scoring his 26th and 27th goals of the season against Portsmouth in midweek. Stop him if you can. Tottenham's strengths lie in attacking areas, but while the focus is often on Dimitar Berbatov, Aaron Lennon proved last weekend to be a real thorn for United's defence.

Rivals Watch: Man City v Arsenal (Sat 12:45), Portsmouth v Chelsea (Sat 15:00).

Spurs lattest signing:

Tottenham overcame reports earlier today that Brazilian left-back Gilberto had failed a medical to sign the Hertha Berlin defender, who was out of contract with the Bundesliga club at the end of the season.

Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe has completed his move to Portsmouth.

Having also brought in defenders Jonathan Woodgate, Alan Hutton and Chris Gunter this month, Spurs boss Juande Ramos has allowed Anthony Gardner to leave on loan for Everton, while Paul Stalteri has also joined Fulham until the end of the season.

David Beckham used to score many freekicks when he played for ManU but I don't remember seeing any of his freekicks which were as stunning as that scored by Ronaldo against Portsmouth. I think now we can mention Ronaldo as a superb freekick taker in the same breath as Beckham or even better in times to come.

Beckham not selected for the national team!:devil:

Wah seh... again bo jio us go!:(

You org lah and see how many Man U fans here want to participate. I can T loan 3 diff type of jerseys. Anybody has the current red one is welcomed to t loan ;)

You org lah and see how many Man U fans here want to participate. I can T loan 3 diff type of jerseys. Anybody has the current red one is welcomed to t loan ;)

I very new lei no experience dun know anything dun where to find model very thing also no no lei.... u more experince muz help the newbies like me mah...no $ to T loan also till now no $ to buy jersey lei... :embrass:

Reserves: United 3 Bolton 2

United made it three wins from three in this season's Manchester Senior Cup, virtually edging a five-goal thriller over Bolton at the Victoria Stadium.

The Reds recovered from the loss of an early goal and a subsequent stirring fightback from the Trotters, edging a five goal thriller thanks to strikes from Sean Evans, Chris Eagles and Craig Cathcart.

Blustery, perishing weather at Northwich made life uncomfortable for the assembled supporters, but both teams served up an entertaining cup tie to provide a welcome distraction from the inclement conditions.

The evening started badly for Brian McClair and Jim Ryan's side, as Portuguese striker Ricardo Vaz Te pounced on a defensive mix-up to slot the visitors ahead after seven minutes.

The Reds' charity was replicated by the Trotters' backline just five minutes later, however, as Sean Evans was given the simple task of sliding home from close range to restore parity following haphazard defending from the visitors.

Both defences settled into more miserly mood after showering gifts on the opposition in the opening exchanges, and it took a move of real quality to bring the next goal.

Eagles was the scorer, converting from close range after a fine passing build up from United on 33 minutes. Four minutes later, the winger was involved again as the Reds established a two-goal lead.

Displaying his set-piece prowess, Eagles fizzed in a fine free kick from the left wing, givingcentral defender Cathcart the simple task of glancing home a header for his first goal of the season.

Although United continued to look promising in attack either side of the interval, home nerves were set jangling when Daniel Braaten found space behind the Reds' defence to finish with aplomb.

The game continued at a frenetic pace, with chances for either side, but in the end United held firm to virtually seal a place in May's showpiece final.

Manucho close to loan deal
New United signing Manucho is close to sealing a loan switch to Greek outfit Panathinaikos for the remainder of the season.

The 24-year-old, who will spend the next three years at Old Trafford, subject to a work permit, is currently on international duty with Angola at the African Cup of Nations.

He has impressed throughout and marked his debut in the tournament with a superb diving header in Angola's 1-1 draw with South Africa. He netted a double in the 3-1 win over Senegal and was part of the side that earned a 0-0 draw with Tunisia and subsequently booked Angola's place in the knock-out stages of the competition.

Manucho is thoroughly enjoying his experience at the African Nations and believes he will benefit from his loan spell in Greece.

"After the tournament I will return to Luanda and then head to Athens," he told Angola tv . "I am looking forward to playing in Greece before hopefully being a success at Old Trafford."

Reds' assistant manager Carlos Queiroz was the man behind the striker's arrival at United. And Manucho was quick to make an impression on Sir Alex Ferguson during a three-week trial.

"He is a tall, agile, quick forward and through contacts that Carlos has was brought to our attention around six months ago," explained the United manager.

Oh no out for loan!:what::devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.