Lightroom 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep i am using lightroom 1.0
its more user friendly compared to PS CS2. you can hide panels which you do not use too..

the one thing i dont really like is the sharpening tool.
even if you put to +100 sharpening, you dont really see the diffrence in the 'fit' view but you can see small changes when you zoom in to the picture. so for some pics i have to use picasa to sharpen pics.

other than that, its a great product

The main difference is that Lightroom is a RAW developer and to make the post processing workflow as efficient as it can be. It runs fine on a P4 3ghz machine with enough memory :)

That's strange: I've got 2 GB of RAM, and I still feel that it's slow at times (especially when rendering the 1:1 previews). There are still some minor quirks, but I'm sure they will be ironed out.

My specs are as follows:

AMD Opteron 146 @ 2.3Ghz
2GB RAM
ATI Radeon X1600Pro

I absolutely hate that the RAW files have to be imported into the library before they could be converted. So troublesome and totally out of whack with my normal workflow. A real deal-killer for me. :think: :think:

Also found that it could not recognise and import some of the RAW images from the same session which SilkyPix had no problem opening. :nono: :nono:

mine doesnt really take long to open RAWS

my specs
intel core 2 duo 1.86ghz
1gb ram
integrated intel graphics

mine doesnt really take long to open RAWS

my specs
intel core 2 duo 1.86ghz
1gb ram
integrated intel graphics

Mine is juz a DIY 2GHz-Sempron w 1.5G RAM , and it runs LR 1.0 butterly smooth :cool:

Nice software. I like:lovegrin:

cocoa

guys, you all miss out what RAW file? a 6MP file or 12MP? both are very different... :sweat:

mine. C2D, 2.4ghz, 3gb ram, lightroom was a breeze.... :thumbsup: too bad. dun have a extended screen. :bsmilie:

I need a bigger screen :( 15" way not enough.

Anyway i'm not so used to the loupe zooming even though i've used loupes physically in the past pretty often. Prefer to be able to zoom in more varied steps. Anyone know of any method to get back to normal zooming?

Anyway i'm not so used to the loupe zooming even though i've used loupes physically in the past pretty often. Prefer to be able to zoom in more varied steps. Anyone know of any method to get back to normal zooming?

i agree. i am using the 19" also not enough. i need 30 !! :bsmilie:

RSP was/is an excellent raw converter developped by Pixmantec. Adobe recognised the competition (and quality of the competition) bought the company and incorporated RSP technology into LR. To avoid to disgruntle the RSP community they offerred a free licence of LR to RSP owners... so for about S$200 you have now to softwares....

I am a RSP user also. Can you tell me how to get this offer?

Thanks.

are you looking for a continuous zoom with the mouse wheel for example? This does not exist. The zoom level is set by the choices above the navigator window. For full zoom you can choose between fit and fill and for zoom in between 1:1 or one of the other zoom levels in the pull down. does that answer your question?
there is two ways to zoom, if you press the left mouse point and hold it zooms in but out again once you release the button, while holding the mouse button you can pan as well. if you just click the left mouse button the zoom stays and you can pan.
let me know if you need more info

double click the pic to zoom in and double click again to zoom out

anyone found out how to make selective colouring to the photo? like erm.. make some parts bw and others colour?

double click the pic to zoom in and double click again to zoom out

anyone found out how to make selective colouring to the photo? like erm.. make some parts bw and others colour?

selective colouring in way CS does with mask and so on does not work. but you can desature certain colours....

Me running it on my dell notebook C2D 2Ghz, 2GB RAM. Pretty fast

paiseh whihc shop? I cant wait liaoh

TIA

Avail at "pics n pixel". The shop with a lot of big designjets. Package contains both Mac and Windows versions, but can only register one. Appears that the Mac version is slightly better.

For those who are deciding between Aperture & Lightroom here are some main points I'll list considering I've used both.

Aperture's library is managed, meaning that its all contained in a single database folder whereas Lightroom doesn't really manage your files. Aperture however can reference files from a different location but that messes up quite a bit of things.

Lightroom does run faster compared to Aperture on a system with the exact same specs, so editing may be a pain sometimes but this has improved significantly with Aperture 1.5, I expect future releases to be more optimized.

Aperture lacks certain curve adjustments and you only have levels to play with.

I'm not sure about Lightroom but recently Apple has released the SDK for Aperture, bringing plugins to Aperture such as exporting to Flickr/FTP/whatever site.

The reason why I choose Aperture over Lightroom was due to the management style, I liked the way the browser/keywording thing worked and how slideshows and lighttables were built right in. This is purely my preference.

For those Photoshop diehards, I suggest Lightroom over Aperture simply because Photoshop integration seems to be much better in Lightroom.

My trial is ending soon and kept prompting me already. hehe.

Greetings... I been playing with mine, it's much more powerful and faster than Aperture, very nice, no regret.

How are the photos from your cousins wedding?

are you looking for a continuous zoom with the mouse wheel for example? This does not exist. The zoom level is set by the choices above the navigator window. For full zoom you can choose between fit and fill and for zoom in between 1:1 or one of the other zoom levels in the pull down. does that answer your question?
there is two ways to zoom, if you press the left mouse point and hold it zooms in but out again once you release the button, while holding the mouse button you can pan as well. if you just click the left mouse button the zoom stays and you can pan.
let me know if you need more info

thanks for the tips bro! Too used to my mouse wheel zoom in PS itself and ACR has a numerical zoom thing. So a bit blur when coming to the zoom in lightroom. But getting used to the "ratios" used in Lightroom now :) Anyway lightroom is so powerful i can do 90% of my PP without direct editing in PS now. If only there were some way for us to incorporate macros and filters in. I don't think i'll ever go back to DPP, capture1 or ACR after using this. Its addictive.

Lightroom now runs pretty fast.. but when your library is filled with 10,000 images/references, will it still be as fast? The Beta versions fail for me because it simply hogged system resources. Same with Aperture which was why I stuck to c1pro. But the new LR seems smoother and has more refinements and control to highlight and shadow controls. Noise control and sharpening isnt as good as c1pro but its acceptable since I run my images thru noise control batch processing anyway.

Am running dual core 2ghz g5 with 7gb ram btw..

Status
Not open for further replies.