Lightroom 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
well said girl.... however its not only for RAW.... WB, exposure etc works just as well on jpeg....

yup.but i notice for WB adjustments, it still work best on raw than jpeg.but maybe it's psychological.:p

LR does the following:
> LR can handle: RAW, jpeg, tiff, psd and dng files
> photos are contained in database: you can assigne keywords and search for them or for metadata
> LR allows you to do exposure adjustments for your photos (exposure, contrast, brightness, histogram, colour, greyscale etc etc)
> some cosmetic corrections such as red eye and dust removal and limited cloning / healing
> RAW converter
> slide show
> you can print from there and produce your web pages from there

after using LR for sometime, i realised it is a very very good software for SORTING your pics, adjusting WB,exposure, colors blah... for each series of pics.that is, if you shoot raw.

after the sorting and adjustments, you'll STILL need photoshop CS2/3 to do any PS you want to do.
LR will never be able to replace CS, but i would say LR is a GOOD software to include in your workflow.it's much better than Adobe bridge.

STILL SUCKS. The program acts as if it had eaten a ton of snails. SLOOOOOOOOW!

granted, it's a good tool to manage photos, but it has to work efficiently before it is a good tool.

STILL SUCKS. The program acts as if it had eaten a ton of snails. SLOOOOOOOOW!

granted, it's a good tool to manage photos, but it has to work efficiently before it is a good tool.

i already say lah.it doesnt sucks!your com sucks lah!get a new com and it will act like it has eaten some ferraris'.

after the sorting and adjustments, you'll STILL need photoshop CS2/3 to do any PS you want to do.
LR will never be able to replace CS, but i would say LR is a GOOD software to include in your workflow.it's much better than Adobe bridge.
I have not used CS after using LR except for print sharpening and noise reduction (where needed). From a photographer's point of view, LR is almost complete for post processing use. I see CS very much an editing tool and used sparingly for the very few images that benefit from it.

Something strange...
Installed 4GB of RAM for Lightroom. In the initial startup when the computer boots up, the it recognised that there are 4GB of RAM.
But when vista starts, it says there's only 3GB RAM installed....

Something strange...
Installed 4GB of RAM for Lightroom. In the initial startup when the computer boots up, the it recognised that there are 4GB of RAM.
But when vista starts, it says there's only 3GB RAM installed....

I presume that you are using a 32bit of Vista.

Only the 64bit versions are able to capture the full 4GB amount. Otherwise, your additional 1GB is wasted.

I presume that you are using a 32bit of Vista.

Only the 64bit versions are able to capture the full 4GB amount. Otherwise, your additional 1GB is wasted.

How to select the 64 bit version? Need to buy or just some selection?

scott kelby's LR book is out.go get it.

i have 3 LR books now

martin evening's
Tim Grey's
scott's.

i really love scott's sense of humour.really enjoy reading his books.:bsmilie:
i would rate

scott's #1
martin's #2
Tim's #3

i'm only halfway through these books, so the ranking above is based on my personal preference k?

Mic, hope i answered the question you always asked me.;)

How to select the 64 bit version? Need to buy or just some selection?

AFAIK (I saw that you bought a Dell), you'll need to get another 64bit copy. I'm not sure if MS has a "swap" option for you to change your copy into a 64bit though.

However with 64bit, you'll face a lot of problems finding relevant drivers for your hardware, especially those more "ulu" ones, where they have poor 64bit driver support.

Make sure that all your hardware has the appropriate 64bit drivers before you plonk into the upgrade.

double click the pic to zoom in and double click again to zoom out

Thanks for your advice! I was wondering why the preview was so small in the library. Double-clicking did the job!

Still learning how to work LR. The PhotoPresets_1.0 certainly helps a lot. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.