Lightroom 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait Guys, I found out that if you shoot a lot of ISO-1600 with Canon, the converted results from lightroom is quite bad compare with either DPP or Canon Viewer Utility which is much better with noise reduction. While ISO-100 up to 400 is pretty good.

Anyone can share some light here!

anyone have this problem?

lr-prob.jpg

exported color look different from the color in LR?

Wait Guys, I found out that if you shoot a lot of ISO-1600 with Canon, the converted results from lightroom is quite bad compare with either DPP or Canon Viewer Utility which is much better with noise reduction. While ISO-100 up to 400 is pretty good.

Anyone can share some light here!
i think the noise reduction in LR a bit not there yet. saw many complains in the adobe support forums as well lol.

anyone have this problem?

lr-prob.jpg

exported color look different from the color in LR?

You could check to see if your images are in the correct colorspace - AFAIK, Windows XP only supports sRGB images?

If it's in ProPhoto/Adobe RGB, the colour will be off...

is the fax/print viewer colour mananged at all?
how does it look like when you open in windows explorere or CS?

You could check to see if your images are in the correct colorspace - AFAIK, Windows XP only supports sRGB images?

If it's in ProPhoto/Adobe RGB, the colour will be off...

actually i found the problem... its the windows color issue, there is a program i installed to color manage. then it needs me to set it in, need to set in both windows display as well as that program.

still waiting for the watermark thing to work... damnit..

Very easy, whatever name you put in the COPYRIGHT portion of the Metadata will be applied in your photo as your watermark. The manual mentions it.

Very easy, whatever name you put in the COPYRIGHT portion of the Metadata will be applied in your photo as your watermark. The manual mentions it.

its only on the lower left corner... can't even 'touch' the tip of the pic, so someone can just crop and get the image already...

eh, 1 question...

how to export to CS2? i thought they will save the raw xmp then when we open the same raw file on CS2, the image will be properly set... but seem like its even worse than before...

eh, 1 question...

how to export to CS2? i thought they will save the raw xmp then when we open the same raw file on CS2, the image will be properly set... but seem like its even worse than before...

Not sure about automatically writing the XMP when you open in CS2, but there's an option in Preferences to automatically write to XMP file. By default it's not checked.
There's also a command in the menu to explicitly write XMP files.

i think the noise reduction in LR a bit not there yet. saw many complains in the adobe support forums as well lol.

Thanks, so I'm not the only one facing this issue. Actually with high ISO files, its quite bad if you ask me! Check it out for yourself.

hi ... whats the diffrence with the edu pack and full version?....

The software have no difference in the package... just that if you are using the educational package, you cannot use it for business... if you are caught, you may be facing the same issue as using pirated software.. just that your sentence is way much lighter.

Also, the software don't allow upgrade version. for example, if you own the normal CS2, u can upgrade to CS5 without buying the original copy whenever they have a new version. Wheras if you are using the education version, you can't buy the upgrade version for your current software.

actually i found the problem... its the windows color issue, there is a program i installed to color manage. then it needs me to set it in, need to set in both windows display as well as that program.

Hi, care to share how you do the color settings to sync the colors in lightroom and windows picture viewer? Thanks.

Hi guys... I am having a problem with LR

I have two pictures named equally but one is raw and one is psd... but LR only shows the psd one... anyone having this problem? is there a way that both files can be shown, the raw and psd while named equally?

I have two pictures named equally but one is raw and one is psd... but LR only shows the psd one... anyone having this problem? is there a way that both files can be shown, the raw and psd while named equally?

I have not try LR, but most of the adobe's software need the new plugin for RAW version...

U have to download the plugin and put it into the plugin folder

you need to place them in different folder, i.e. create a psd or jpeg folder as a child folder where you keep the RAW files, then it works....

I think its becos of the setting in the Importing part which ignores duplicates (can turn off). Ie, it won't import a duplicate picture. Maybe it considers different format of the same file the same picture.

Does anyone know the difference between ProPhoto and Adobe (1998) colour spaces? Would using the ProPhoto colour space in Lightroom and subsequently opening the file in another image program which does not use this colour space be a problem? Any perceptable difference btw the 2 colour spaces??

Status
Not open for further replies.