KMOS Gathering - October 6th, 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
did AF, blur, den i was thinking of testing my infinity focus so set MF, den ho say at the end is blur...

my beer can & tamron no such problem... only with 17-35 & 28-75, so u mean to say, that extra space is for us to create blur pics?:bsmilie:

Not sure what is the purpose, but you can see the infinity sign usually not at the end lor

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
eh where exactly is the new KMSC?

i think my 28-75, 17-35 got problem, cos today i tried, focus to infinity, all blur, its twist down abit is all clear... no wonder all my pics, no matter how i shoot is blur, only manual focus is clear...
Is your diopter adjusted? I mean...you r problem is only in view finder or on actual image?

Oh yah....one more thing. The distance markings are for references only and not 100% true. The infinity can also be over the infinity marking or even slightly before - variation from lens to lens. As lens focusing is affected by temperature too in some extremities, hence these extra bit after the infinity is sometimes present....Like the design of the 80-200APO G, the front element is the one adjusted to go spot on infinity - corresponding to the markings.

rgds,
sulhan

deslim27 said:
Not sure what is the purpose, but you can see the infinity sign usually not at the end lor
there is something beyond infinity? :think:

sulhan said:
Is your diopter adjusted? I mean...you r problem is only in view finder or on actual image?

Oh yah....one more thing. The distance markings are for references only and not 100% true. The infinity can also be over the infinity marking or even slightly before - variation from lens to lens. As lens focusing is affected by temperature too in some extremities, hence these extra bit after the infinity is sometimes present....Like the design of the 80-200APO G, the front element is the one adjusted to go spot on infinity - corresponding to the markings.

rgds,
sulhan

actually, if the picture i see is clear, most likely it would be the image like how i want it to be clear... if the view is blur, most likely is blur, the AF fxxked up, dunno y... always OOF, den i thought of doing street shot, so i thought since at infinity everything is clear, so i set my cam to MF, roll the ring all the way, den blank point snap, everything is blur... nothing in the pic shows there is something clear..

you have used "most likely" twice. you are still uncertain on your findings. please do a thorough test again.

Drudkh said:
you have used "most likely" twice. you are still uncertain on your findings. please do a thorough test again.

i am just giving a figure of speech... quantifying...

always = 100% or below
most likely = 75% or below
likely = 50% or below
seldom = 25% or below
never = 0%

haha... was the last customer for the day... hehe... anyway, camera they say no problem... den no eyecup... damnit lost my eyecup at the photomarathon... heng got 55mm lens cap... so ho gueh bo...

anybody wanna join me do a MO for the eye cup?

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
think its lens problem, cos if i see it clear, means come out clear mah... btw if you set to infinity your pic is blur or all sharp at distance? cos mine all blur when i twist all the way to infinity... until today den know, so u know how underutilised my lens are liao...

Err... how do u twist all the way to infinity if u are not on manual focus? I mean u said MF was ok but AF problem... but if u can manually set to infinity focus, then u must be on MF right, bro?:cool:

TME said:
Err... how do u twist all the way to infinity if u are not on manual focus? I mean u said MF was ok but AF problem... but if u can manually set to infinity focus, then u must be on MF right, bro?:cool:

hmm ya lah, actually i jumbled 2 problems into 1 line...

i was saying, the AF sucks cos when i AF, the pics appear abit OOF, den i MF, the pic will be clear, and when i take the shot, the output is clear if what i see is clear, so body shouldn't be BF now.

den when i use the infinity portion of the lense, 17-35 & 28-75, both lens when i rotate all the way to the infinity portion, the pics will be blur...

hope u know wat i driving at...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
hmm ya lah, actually i jumbled 2 problems into 1 line...

i was saying, the AF sucks cos when i AF, the pics appear abit OOF, den i MF, the pic will be clear, and when i take the shot, the output is clear if what i see is clear, so body shouldn't be BF now.

den when i use the infinity portion of the lense, 17-35 & 28-75, both lens when i rotate all the way to the infinity portion, the pics will be blur...

hope u know wat i driving at...

Lenses has abit of allowance to cater to different weather conditions. Most lense can go beyond infinity because of this. Never turn the focus ring all the way to shoot.

UY79 said:
Lenses has abit of allowance to cater to different weather conditions. Most lense can go beyond infinity because of this. Never turn the focus ring all the way to shoot.

??? What is beyond infinity? I thought if u are focussed on infinity, then the picture is sharp all the way down from the foreground to the background? :bigeyes:

TME said:
??? What is beyond infinity? I thought if u are focussed on infinity, then the picture is sharp all the way down from the foreground to the background? :bigeyes:

For those who bothered to read the lense manual, it goes like this:

"The focusing mechanism turns slightly past the infinity to provide accurate focusing under various operating temperatures. Always confirm the image sharpness through the viewfinder, especially when the lens is focused near infinity. Do not rotate the focusing ring all the way to the end. No extra care is necessary when autofocusing."

UY79 said:
For those who bothered to read the lense manual, it goes like this:

"The focusing mechanism turns slightly past the infinity to provide accurate focusing under various operating temperatures. Always confirm the image sharpness through the viewfinder, especially when the lens is focused near infinity. Do not rotate the focusing ring all the way to the end. No extra care is necessary when autofocusing."

Doesn't say anything except that one should not turn beyond the infinity sign... why does the lens have to go past the infinity? Does that mean the lens is focussing past infinity to find the right focus? I.e. supposing you want to focus at infinity, is the sequence blur --> sharp --> blur then sharp...??? where the first 'blur' is before infinity, the 'sharp' is at infinity and 2nd 'blur' is beyond infinity? :dunno:

I have not notice my lenses do this at focus at infinity... or perhaps I have not yet noticed it... :think:

TME said:
Doesn't say anything except that one should not turn beyond the infinity sign... why does the lens have to go past the infinity? Does that mean the lens is focussing past infinity to find the right focus? I.e. supposing you want to focus at infinity, is the sequence blur --> sharp --> blur then sharp...??? where the first 'blur' is before infinity, the 'sharp' is at infinity and 2nd 'blur' is beyond infinity? :dunno:

I have not notice my lenses do this at focus at infinity... or perhaps I have not yet noticed it... :think:

Sometime I don't know why I bothered. Please read it again.

I believe it has to do with the glass property? expansion and contraction?

Status
Not open for further replies.