JUst a QN? ALAN PHOTO.. GOOD? MY FOOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought my first camera, Powershot A40 from AP about 4 years back.. if i remember correctly.. it was a pretty good experience..

anyway, now i only visit Mscolour.. never had any problems with them =) and prices are very very good too!

Hmm.. how come no one mention TKFoto? I have been visiting TKfoto
for the last two times.. and frankly, I am very pleased with their service.. especially the man that attended to me.. Richard Tan if I am not wrong..
very nice man.. and helpful..

Price wise, quite reasonable I think.. any comments?

CP .. I hate having to deal with CP service salesman.. the prices they quote are not real.. and I am always wondering if the prices are over.. because unless I have time to get their e-quote (which is always substantially cheaper), I don't dare to buy from CP walk in.. you will never get a good deal.. but this is not the right way to do business.. sigh!

In any case, I got a VERY bad experience at a shop that was opposite CP...went in becos on sunday and all the store about there were closed, so no choice had to buy from that stupid shop.. kena ketok and when I go down insisting that I get refunded or change items.. give me more problem.. so, now the items I bought are my expensive paper weight.. sigh!

Sigh...

At the end of the day, the morale of the story is man is evil. It's the same everywhere generally.

When u do business, how much profit is ever enuff? Do you want to earn $5 or $10 from the person? How do you decide? There are no hard and fast rules.

Everyone wants to survive, or at least try to be rich financially. Otherwise, in the first place, why set up the business right? When you do business, you're out to get $ from customers. If you don't and want to be a saint, dont care whether you're a self-justified pious Christian or goody Buddhist, you're being foolish.

As customers, if you are bothered paying more for a product than elsewhere, always do homework first. Else live and let live. The extra money you gave away is in the pocket of the businessman who is out to be richer. Logical.

Money... dun we all want it??? ;)

TK foto, MS color good, CP only in emergency, AP will never ever walk in ever ever again........ :sticktong

All the shops are about the same.... if u know them, they will not take u for a carrot!!

Give the shops a break, they are doing a business too, dont expect them to always sell things cheap... Its all about give and take...

AP? :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

Been there once and never again !!!

Service ai mai ai mai.........ask this guy something,point to another guy....another guy then point to another guy......made me damn pissed off. :angry:

Then when finally asked me what I want, I said :" Wa mai buay liao !", and walk off......

CP, John3:16,TCW and MS Color better than them anytime.

eagles_creek said:
AP? :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

Been there once and never again !!!

Service ai mai ai mai.........ask this guy something,point to another guy....another guy then point to another guy......made me damn pissed off. :angry:

Then when finally asked me what I want, I said :" Wa mai buay liao !", and walk off......

CP, John3:16,TCW and MS Color better than them anytime.

cheap means cheapo services too... right... i also cant stand them!! but what to do, we still want to buy cheap things right?....I rather visit other shops..haha

These days, I buy most of my photography-related stuff from Lords, and I bring all my friends there to buy as well. Always get good service and good price ;)

hi,

can share where is Lords?

Many Thanks!

Gymrat76 said:
These days, I buy most of my photography-related stuff from Lords, and I bring all my friends there to buy as well. Always get good service and good price ;)

super.armadillo said:
In any case, I got a VERY bad experience at a shop that was opposite CP...went in becos on sunday and all the store about there were closed, so no choice had to buy from that stupid shop.. kena ketok and when I go down insisting that I get refunded or change items.. give me more problem.. so, now the items I bought are my expensive paper weight.. sigh!

Yep... the shop opposite CP is called Photocam. Really really bad place. They're not just unpleasant... they're downright DISHONEST. I also kanna cheated by them before... I posted on this forum before to complain about them to prevent fellow CSers from being swindled by them. What do you guys think about setting up a thread where we can post the names of all the shops that you kanna ketok.. or cheated before? Then whoever thinking of getting equipment from a certain shop can scan through the list to make sure nobody else had a bad experience at the shop before... Shouldn't let those dishonest shops carry on earning our hard earned money. Yes maybe one or two times is a learning experience... but most of us dun buy photo equipment too often... We can learn from other's learning experience mah....

Ok i shall stop complaining.. Remember!!! Shop opposite CP at peninsula plaza is called Photocam and they are dishonest!!

i've been to AP once and i'm definitely sure that it'll be my last time there.

It was a Sunday afternoon, walked into the shop and saw a lot of customers at the counter. I found a salesman who is not attending to anyone and began to ask him if he has stocks for Fujifilm F10. he shouted to his fellow colleague to get the cam from the display cabinet behind and gave it to me. Knowing that there's no battery and memory inside, i politely told him that i wanted to try some shots. He gave a black face immediately and grumbled but still put in the batt and mem card.

I tried the cam for about 3-5 mins. Then i asked him about the warranty. accessories included etc etc. He gave short and uninterested replies. Lastly, i asked him about the price.

After he quoted the first price, i asked him if that's the best price that he can offer. He snapped back, snatched the cam from my hands and said " I have no time to bargain with you. If you don't want, don't waste my time." I replied "This is not the way to do business" and went off. Before leaving the shop, i turned back and saw him staring at me. I gave him a cold hard stare back and he showed the 3rd finger. From then on, i vowed never to step back into the shop again.

If i had his name, i would have reported it to CASE. the bottomline is that we, the consumers are paying not only for the goods, but for the services too. I still do not understand why so many ppl reccomend AP but one thing i know for sure is that it still has a long way to go if it doesn't treat its customers well.

Gymrat76 said:

agreed. i'm surprised no one has mentioned lords in this thread until now!

their service is excellent, and prices are good (as cheap as AP if not cheaper, definitely cheaper than CP). best of both worlds if you ask me. not only is the service good before and during the purchase, but also after-sales as well. i was not happy with a camera i bought (it was a minor flaw and i'm a fussy customer) and they exchanged a brand new one for me, no questions asked. they even apologized for causing me the inconvenience! and i've been served by various different salespersons there - all are consistently good.

lords is located at lucky plaza ground floor. the other shops there have a reputation for being the "tourist-fleecing" type but lords is definitely not one of them!

when in doubt, look for the aunties florence: either of auntie florence of MS Colour or auntie florence of CP. :bsmilie:

Guncon said:
when in doubt, look for the aunties florence: either of auntie florence of MS Colour or auntie florence of CP. :bsmilie:

come to think of it, why not be positive and compile a list of the nice folks that we have received great service from, so that fellow clubsnappers can benefit. let me start, in no particular order of merit:
1. auntie florence (ms) :thumbsup:
2. auntie florence (cp) :thumbsup:
3. the nice uncles in the tripod section in CP (dunno their names)
4. young guy in tk foto, good product knowledge (think his name is james)

feel free to add.

also had bad experience with AP, the salesman there sucks. I will not buy from them but their price is low. Usually I use their price to bargain at other shops :)

Guncon said:
come to think of it, why not be positive and compile a list of the nice folks that we have received great service from, so that fellow clubsnappers can benefit. let me start, in no particular order of merit:
1. auntie florence (ms) :thumbsup:
2. auntie florence (cp) :thumbsup:
3. the nice uncles in the tripod section in CP (dunno their names)
4. young guy in tk foto, good product knowledge (think his name is james)

feel free to add.
good initiative dude

start a new thread and let it run for awhile. i think it's a very good idea to also publicise good service staff. :thumbsup:

Steven from the tripod section (CP) bagus !!:thumbsup: excellent service and very informative

Hmm.... I'm wondering if CS shld go the way of HWZ?

Getting weekly quotes frm vendors, doing updates to prices of bodies, lenses, etc as well as a ratings board for camera shops and stuff like dat? Like dis we wun see ppl start new thread ask, "Eh, 17-40 f/4L now how much har? Prices got drop or not?"

To mitigate the risk of someone's pants being sued off for defamation (goto HWZ and say 'VPro', u'll see postings stretch for a millenia), the ratings board can prolly take the form of juz a poll or star-rating kinda thing? No comments allowed. Stars speak for themselves. Whether ppl want to go to a shop with zero stars is up to them so there wun be any dispute. How abt it? :D

so far, service with AP at funan is not bad at all. But i do question their integrity when i visited their shop recently. Im supposed to buy an
SB600 and was quoted me $350 with 1yr warranty. im about to pay
via NETS when I noticed that there was no Nikon warranty card at all.

The best part is that the salesguy told me straight is my face that
"THERE ARE NO WARRANTY CARD" for Nikon items other than body and lens.

Im about to enter my PIN code when I told them that I want to check first with other store e.g. CP then i walked out of the shop. :think:

I always deal with Christopher at CP and have found him to be extremely helpful and knowledgeble. I would recommend him to anyone (he is in tripod section).

Status
Not open for further replies.