JUst a QN? ALAN PHOTO.. GOOD? MY FOOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There could be honest mistakes on equotes though, especially now when there're so many different models in the market and there're many equotes to reply to. So, we have to play our part to be reasonable too.

mpenza said:
There could be honest mistakes on equotes though, especially now when there're so many different models in the market and there're many equotes to reply to. So, we have to play our part to be reasonable too.

Agreed theree can be genuine errors. But when you are doing business and giving quotations, I think you have to be careful with what you quote as you have to honour it when customer present the quote rite? There can be many models of cams in the market, on the consumer part, when we ask for equote, we have to specify clearly the brand and model of the camera so as to avoid misunderstadning. Indeed, when A regard "1D" as Canon EOS-1D, but B (confused and pro nikon) might regard it as Nikon-D1 if the brand was not mentioned

mpenza said:
wholeheartedly agree with you on this.

just like if a customer requests for a wrong model via e-qoute, does it mean he has to buy it? (ok, lousy example, offer not equal to acceptance)

but i have to say that i sympathise with the person who happily takes the time (and maybe money for a cab) to go down for the purchase only to be told No Way.

it's the service recovery practised by the company that will makes the difference. "we apologise for the error, and we'd like to offer you xxx as an alternative."

may not be the same value, but the attempt will be appreciated.

Sion said:
Get to know the salespersons?

But I only want to buy a box with a hole in it to take pictures.

When are they going to put talking robots in camera stores? Or installing conveyer belts delivering what you want after you wipe the credit card on the machine?
spot on Sion!

funny how photog is such a niche industry that buyers have to accomodate the sellers. :) Get to know the salespersons? i'm there to buy a camera, not find a mate to bring home to meet my parents. :bsmilie:

while i agree that knowing the salesperson is a smart and savvy way to ensure better service, i also wish it is a simpler process... i am spending money after all....

i don't ask to be lavished and waited on hand to foot. but i don't like to be snubbed and made to feel like i owe the shop a living when i walk in to give them my hard earned cash.

SIngapore needs a photography superstore online. Like Bhphotovideo.

No need to deal with useless salespeople

Best deals, free shipping since singapore so small,

yeah.... then we can put all these crappy cheats out of business.

FLiNcHY said:
SIngapore needs a photography superstore online. Like Bhphotovideo.

No need to deal with useless salespeople

Best deals, free shipping since singapore so small,

yeah.... then we can put all these crappy cheats out of business.
haha, but that's the irony, because singapore is so small, an online store may not succeed since brick and mortar stores are so accessible. :)

It's been more a year since I stepped into AP. MS is just minutes walk from
my home. I've been buying all my camera gears from them, Excellent service. I brought 2 of my overseas friends to MS, they are very happy too.

Caussway said:
my home. I've been buying all my camera gears from them, Excellent service. I brought 2 of my overseas friends to MS, they are very happy too.

AGREE! :thumbsup:

I know that whatever I say only likely to apply to me, but in AP's defence, you really need to know that there are several people there on commission basis and there are others that are on profit sharing. So you have to look for the right people. I won't name names here. ask fellow members who frequent AP and the same names will come up. These are the people who make AP a better place to shop. I like AP and will always continue to shop at AP, but if my sales guy were to leave I would likely look for an alternative..It's all about relationships you have built up with the sales staff that change an individuals opinion of a place.

So either go with a fellow clubmember who knows someone there or stick to the conventional shops.
my 2 cents worth
:)

Yup,

Check out John 3:16 Photo Supplies on the 3rd floor of Funan Centre. Though they do not have the best best price since they're a small family bsiness, the service is great!. A lot of pple, esp during lunch time. :D I'm sure they love to attend to everyone who walked in but sometimes very diff. Can't blame them.

:thumbsup:

sales are never product based. If you tend to do sale with this kind of mindset, than good luck to you. Sale is more on a selling of service to customer rather then selling the product to the customer. You can give me a fantasic product but a lousy sale person who does/does not know of this product well with a bad attutide, I can confirm with you that no matter what, pple will try not to buy from him unless it is the last resort. On the other hand, you can give me a lousy product but a sale person who know how to "suckapubo", end result may be very different from what you would expect of from the sale of that lousy product. And very sad to say, most pple in the retail line still can't figure it out yet. :dunno:

Caussway said:
My shopping experience with AlanPhoto is tons better than MSColor; its like heaven and hell. So far I bought from Alan a D100, couple of Nikkor lenses, some memory cards, tripods, batterys, etc etc, and I only bought a digicam from MS and swear I would never buy from MS again in this life.

Caussway said:

MS? generally OK! again different salesperson have different levels of service. WHen i bought my DSLR from the uncle at MS, he said "test what, no need to test lar" when i asked to test it. I have to insist and showed tat i was serious in buying. Even then he asked me did i bring my own card n lens! *yucks*

there on, i would look for the younger guy or the lady boss.

AP? generally OK for me too... of course i knew what i wan to buy and what is the price range. then ask is GST included, is warranty covered (gray set or not) then pay money n buy.

++end of the day, i think is the salesperson tat matters not the SHOP!++

I usually bought my stuff at CP until one day I called to enquired for a flash. I overhead the staff talking to his colleague that he does not know what I want and passed the phone to him. In the end, no stock. What kind of customer service was that?

Called AP and was told they have 3 pieces stock of the flsah I want. Present myself there within 1 hour and was told only 1 piece left. The flash box was a bit torn and was informed that's the last piece. Insisted I was informed otherwise, until I told the staff it was meant as a gift, then he later found a new set somewhere.

I think you really must check the leica M6 in gold in LEICA website carefully maybe you never see before but i seen it before at AP and i know that it have a thai royal logo on the top right side of the camera body and i think you know nothing but just to join the fun of slaming others it bad to do that man anyway just to let all clubsnap buddy know that the camera cost $11500 sin dollar leh!!!!!!!!and so far i know that AP have 11 salesman maybe others not happy with their service but maybe 2-3 of them not that helpful but it does not means all like that esp ANTHONY,STEVEN i know them about 4-5 years through my friends until now we still shop at their shop. maybe sometimes some people really hard to serve or MICHEAL LEH JAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bsmilie: but sometimes QING CAI MA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sweat: money hard to earn to AP salesman but god bless them from evil

I think you really must check the leica M6 in gold in LEICA website carefully maybe you never see before but i seen it before at AP and i know that it have a thai royal logo on the top right side of the camera body and i think you know nothing but just to join the fun of slaming others it bad to do that man anyway just to let all clubsnap buddy know that the camera cost $11500 sin dollar leh!!!!!!!!and so far i know that AP have 11 salesman maybe others not happy with their service but maybe 2-3 of them not that helpful but it does not means all like that esp ANTHONY,STEVEN i know them about 4-5 years through my friends until now we still shop at their shop. maybe sometimes some people really hard to serve or MICHEAL LEH JAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bsmilie: but sometimes QING CAI MA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sweat: money hard to earn to AP salesman but god bless them from evil

Also it depends on what you are carrying in to the shop...

Had that experience at CP once...

First time, carried my 300D with a 50mm f1.8 in and ask them for the LCD protector. They couldn't be bothered with me... I thought that was the norm..

Second time, carried my 1DMKII with 550EX and 300mm f4L attached... I was the center of attraction this time... Now there were so many salespeople attending to me like I was king or something... Even angmo they heck care... :bsmilie:

And to think that we don't segregate our society... :dunno:

YOGUZA_SG said:

Have you ever heard of punctuation marks? You know, the little dots and lines such as . , : - ( )

Reading your post gave me a headache :confused:

AP bought the 1st time from them, ok ok service, den went the 2nd time just to get some accessories, kena chop until dunno wat... den swear not to go there again... sls shops also kinda jialat... anyway, money really talks, was having a discussion over some quotation of parts, den attitude not really good... no discount even given... den i send them 1 PO for list of items... attitude immediately change...

Status
Not open for further replies.