How to make a good cup of coffee?

Thanks. My office boy said the same.

I got that tip a few years back from a Starbucks barista. I asked him how come their coffee is different and have that extra zest. He said freshly boiled water is the trick.

So this civet cat thingy is real. And I thot Allenleonhart is being funny. :) But isn't civet cat the cause of SARS? I'll pass. There are some things that one no need to try even though it might be a delicacy.

Oh yes, its real. Never tried before but saw on TV.

Try asking Kato. He might lend you his State-of-the-Art coffee maker. It makes a leaf shape on the top as well :D

Drink already become green hornet? lol

Last edited:
There is a difference in using a pressurised coffee machine and drip / filter coffee machine / coffee sock . The pressure seems to seal the aroma. I have tried using the same beans with a pressurised machine, and the vietnam drip and not surprisingly, the pressurised machine produced coffee with better aroma.

And freshly grinded coffee and pre grinded coffee powder also makes a difference in the aroma.

Best coffee to me using freshly grinded beans in a pressurised coffee machine, with some milk and no sugar.The aroma is the best.

I like Papua New Guinea Blue Mountain. Bought alot back when I was there a couple of years back. Although I also like Ya Kun's Kopi C siew dai, somehow, the balance of the coffee and evapourated milk is :thumbsup:

all boil down to your personal taste. as for me, i find the eastern coffee too 'thick' and the western coffee too 'light'
using a driping machine, i use to mix east and west coffee (somehow the ahkung coffee power and gorial jean hazel nut grind to dripping power is a good combo. 500g each)
1.5 big spoon for a cup of 250-300ml
i add sweeterner (no sugar) and conden milk
as alway taste great and smell really good in the morning for the whole house.:thumbsup:

One more thing...

getting the correct grind. The super-fine type is meant for expresso machines. Next up is for drip coffee machines (note that there is a difference for the cone type and the flat base type) Next coarser grind normally is the one for the french press (as you allow the hot water to steep the flavours out slowly over a couple of minutes)

Getting the wrong grind will make your coffee taste differently.

Maybe we should have a coffee tasting outing :bsmilie:

you got the name and address of the roasteries near newton? I would like to try some myself. Thank you. :)

I think the roaster in focus should be papa pahletas at hooper road, across bt timah road from newton hawker center.

Try asking Kato. He might lend you his State-of-the-Art coffee maker. It makes a leaf shape on the top as well :D

that sounds like the clover machine. 14000usd piece of art. havent tasted one yet tho. :eek: