How to deal with low-ballers

no such things as 'low ball' la. Anyone looking in the bns will be looking for a good deal.
if someone selling 1 item 1400 but I only willing to pay 1200. I will offer 1000, then hopefully can come to consensus at 1200.

The only low blow i can think of is getting more crap than you wished for.
Such as:
an unreported fault,
missing/very late payment,
massive bitching/defamation (during or after sales),
etc.

If no trade was done, what low blow is there? It's standard bargaining.

If you stated "no lowballers entertained" or "fixed price" just ignore any random post. you probably wont lower your price and still be happy with it anyway.
If you didnt state fixed price, people will surely try to get a lower price for what they want. It's human nature.
If your price is ridiculous, and a kind soul actually takes time off to tell you that, maybe you can try to revise your price to see what suits the market right now.
If the buyer is just pushing too hard, ignore him. Dont let them tell you what to do. It's your item.

Hi guys,i have jus joined the CS forum.Actually it was a fren of mine who introduced mi.Recently he was sharing with mi about his posting of a lens in the BnS forum(WTS).He told mi that his selling price was $xxx but somebody SMS him & quote a price which was lesser by $100.He said that his indicated that his price was firm and nevertheless he still got ridiculous offers.My concern or should I say interest is that I do forsee myself involving in the BnS sometime soon & what if the same situation happen to me,what should I do?Do u guys think I should give him a piece of my mind & tell him off,or tell him nicely, or should I just simply ignore this kind of people or what...???Please kindly advise.Thank You Very Much!

Up to you lor... :sweat:

Usually I state "no negotiation", but a lot of people very thick skin one, still will ask if can negotiate, then I will just ask them to read the thread properly..

Above statements will be much better than those stated "you quote me".

ignorance is bliss :)

Most of the low ballers are in fact dealers and traders, it is in their best business interest to purchase items at a price as low as possible in order to secure the highest profit margin.

This included buying lemon sets and selling them off in "mint" condition.

Last edited:
Just Ignore or say Its fixed. Its common. Everyone want to have a good/better deal. Even if you method not negotiable or fixed some people would still try their luck..its all normal. Since you decided to sell/buy in the BNS forum..stuff like that are almost inevitable.. Take it with a pinch of salt.

I never leave my hp, so can only PM me, so I can know who the lowballers are...so that probably helps to deter potential ones too? of course, there r very thick skin ones, i just politely decline by pm too, or if i am selling a bunch of items I will just tell them at the price they want, i will take away some items. Pay peanuts get monkeys;p

Was just buying provisions at the minimart, manned by a Thai worker at the cashier. In front of me in queue were two Banglah men.

Thai guy asked Bangla guy if he want to buy fruits:

"Papaya, one piece - one dollar. Ok?"

Bangla man replied:

"Two piece. One fifty?"

Thai guy shake head:

"Cannot"

"No lowballing" (of course he never said that)

This kinda ppl just gets on ur nerves & make ur blood boil man...lets kill'em:hammer:

If this the case, you probably end up having heart attacks or "massacres" :) Small matter, just ignore & move on....

There are also high-ballers. I saw someone trying to sell a used filter for $120 when it goes for $90 BNIB. There were many posts selling at < $80 & he's posting like every few days for 6 months, yes 6 months, before finally getting the message & giving up. And this guy is very well off with Leicas & many ex lens! Many sellers are arrogant & conceited over what they own too...

Last edited:
lowballers seldom succeed in buying. let them waste their time.

the quickest transactions on b&s are items going for a v low price, and the buyer buys at the offer price, often driving over to the seller's house immediately within 15 mins, even in the middle of the night, to seal the deal. :)

I encountered 2 deals, the sellers driving to my place around 11pm to deal. Make me feel like the things they selling may got problem :eek:

Seller deliver item to you?

be afraid... be very afraid.... :)

:eek:

1. Wired remote shutter - The guy seems a bit rush to sell it off, kept SMSing whole day for the time to deal... The remote seems ok so far, but it don't have the "half-press" feedback to focus like my camera shutter. I need to press it by own feeling. The spring spoilt? Can't compare because its my first remote shutter. Asked Mr. Google but no answer.

2. 24-105 f4 lens - The guy stay very far from me, actually want to deal near his place at weekends, but he come down before weekends. The lens look very new, still under warranty (about 10 months left when I buy from him), so ok la, anything wrong can go CSC. So far the lens still taking photo hehe... Sharp or not, back focus/front focus etc I am too newbie to differentiate it ;p

1. Wired remote shutter - The guy seems a bit rush to sell it off, kept SMSing whole day for the time to deal... The remote seems ok so far, but it don't have the "half-press" feedback to focus like my camera shutter. I need to press it by own feeling. The spring spoilt? Can't compare because its my first remote shutter. Asked Mr. Google but no answer.

2. 24-105 f4 lens - The guy stay very far from me, actually want to deal near his place at weekends, but he come down before weekends. The lens look very new, still under warranty (about 10 months left when I buy from him), so ok la, anything wrong can go CSC. So far the lens still taking photo hehe... Sharp or not, back focus/front focus etc I am too newbie to differentiate it ;p

nice..there will be no problem if you dont think about problems. If ever there is just wait till it comes up then deal with it if not dont worry about it. Having said that if you want to have a piece of mind..allow someone/friend to check for you? if not you can goggle back/front focus.

Sounds like you ended up with pretty positive experiences :thumbsup:
Perhaps seller(s) just wanted to settle the deal ASAP in order to collect the cash.

For the remote, are you referring to a cable one? Not sure about other brands, but the simplest Nikon wired remote basically uses 3 contacts. 1 supplies the small electrical current from the camera body, and the other 2 receive it back in response to what you press. The half press is supposed to send current back through 1 contact, whilst full press sends it back through the other.

found a Canon diagram here

canon_pinout.png

Dun waste monthly free SMS quota or $0.05/SMS to reply.

Student mobile plan unlimited SMS !! included in the month sum... just play with sms maybe...

how then consider as low baller?

take this BnS thread for e.g. .
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/buy-...-tokina-canonmount-tokina-11-16mm-f2-8-a.html

1 yr old lens. Bought locally from MS Colour.
Comes with box and hood.
Condition at least a 9.
Low ballers please stay away.

new cost about $900 (think TK photo selling at this price). would u pay less $100 for 2nd hand and no warranty or just pay that $100 more to get a brand new with warranty? (i thought Tokina 11-16 comes with 2 yrs warranty). or what would be the 'non-low baller' price ?

seller : want to sell high
buyer: want to buy low.