How to deal with low-ballers

Errz said:
how then consider as low baller?

take this BnS thread for e.g. .
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/buy-sell-canon-equipment/1029571-wtsell-lens-tokina-canonmount-tokina-11-16mm-f2-8-a.html

1 yr old lens. Bought locally from MS Colour.
Comes with box and hood.
Condition at least a 9.
Low ballers please stay away.

new cost about $900 (think TK photo selling at this price). would u pay less $100 for 2nd hand and no warranty or just pay that $100 more to get a brand new with warranty? (i thought Tokina 11-16 comes with 2 yrs warranty). or what would be the 'non-low baller' price ?

seller : want to sell high
buyer: want to buy low.

as a buyer, i ignore highballers too.. haha

Recently selling something in here, 1 person didn't higher the buying price but instead lower then price even more on the 2nd SMS.. I will just ignore.

Student mobile plan unlimited SMS !! included in the month sum... just play with sms maybe...

Not Everyone able to take up Student Plan with the Unlimited SMS.

Last edited:
High ballers... there was a certain member kept listing his 85 1.4D for $1700-1600 for nearly a year. A YEAR! Listing once every 3 days, like a part time job. How much time spend and wasted?

And he kept saying low ballers stay clear and those kind of language.

I don't think he ever sold it. Especially now people listing that lens for $1100 and still nobody buy.

He could had sold it for $1500 really fast back then. If his not so conceited that his lens worth a lot of money and that he needs to recoup all his spending when he sold the lens.

His no longer active on CS it seems. Maybe that part time job worn him out.

as a buyer, i ignore highballers too.. haha

heh.. as i've mention earlier..

buyer: want to buy low

someway/somehow, buyer will become seller and seller will become buyer. and everyone (human nature) wants to earn more , pay less.

buyer just make sure u do homework. check on the first hand price first.

don't reply them it's a waste of time..i just sold my dslr recently to a lowballer ,went down to his place with my cam for fast deal..this guy really funny he still can ask me to lower the price after he already decided for fast deal and had already lowered the price by himself..what the hell man!:angry:..he says to me "i am a foor guy give me low price":confused: ...hahaha I'm laughing in my heart!!:bsmilie:
i said to him hello I'm selling my cam I'm not doing for charity things please don't waste my time..so freaking annoying with his behavior:angry:...mati mati ask me to lowered the price and keep on repeating I'm a poor guy..hahaha...by the way that retarded guy was a myamar student and at last i sold the cam to him with no lowered price.:bsmilie:

Errz said:
heh.. as i've mention earlier..

buyer: want to buy low

someway/somehow, buyer will become seller and seller will become buyer. and everyone (human nature) wants to earn more , pay less.

buyer just make sure u do homework. check on the first hand price first.

Agree. I can understand how this mentality work. As seller, we want to get the most buck out of the deal, and as buyers I want to pay as minimal as possible. Hence, I do not and will never use the term,"no low-ballers". If the offered price is not too low, I might negotiate with him n try to meet half-way or to nicely tell him that I will not accept a lower price. But if the price goes really low, it gets ignored. Level of lowness is judged based on a case by case basis.

As a buyer, the roles and actions get reversed. If the price is slightly higher than what I'm prepared to pay and seller allows negotiation, I will try and see if we can meet halfway, but if the price is way too high (higher than market price or bns price) and no negotiation allowed, then I ignore too..

don't reply them it's a waste of time..i just sold my dslr recently to a lowballer ,went down to his place with my cam for fast deal..this guy really funny he still can ask me to lower the price after he already decided for fast deal and had already lowered the price by himself..what the hell man!:angry:..he says to me "i am a foor guy give me low price":confused: ...hahaha I'm laughing in my heart!!:bsmilie:
i said to him hello I'm selling my cam I'm not doing for charity things please don't waste my time..so freaking annoying with his behavior:angry:...mati mati ask me to lowered the price and keep on repeating I'm a poor guy..hahaha...by the way that retarded guy was a myamar student and at last i sold the cam to him with no lowered price.:bsmilie:

Such ppl no nid give face one, that's why most of the times when i sell stuff u want lower than the price i stated u come my block to self collect. In that case, if he wants to lowball anymore u can just pop right back into ur lift and tell him/her to fly kite haha. Def a win situation for sellers.

Such ppl no nid give face one, that's why most of the times when i sell stuff u want lower than the price i stated u come my block to self collect. In that case, if he wants to lowball anymore u can just pop right back into ur lift and tell him/her to fly kite haha. Def a win situation for sellers.

LOL yeah. even if he really try to push his luck and not getting his way, he might just buy at the agreed price else he's wasting his time and $$ coming down.

Hi TS..
You are not alone on this one..Me too had encountered before but thankfully Items sold by me was bought by gentle/steady buyer.
At times we do encountered rediculous offer but if you believe your item is of good quality n stand by yr price than why worry?
Some buyers will pop by n giv you a gd offer for your item n can even become yr photo buddies too for future photo shoot.
Hav a nice day/nite Everyone.

Newton Circle's law...

For every lowballer, there is an equal and opposite highballer.

daredevil123 said:
Newton Circle's law...

For every lowballer, there is an equal and opposite highballer.

Haha! Unfortunately, I have never met one!

Just ignore.

Or better still, state a buying price, and then state a lowball price for lowballers to bid. Lowballers just like to try their luck. And since you're the one inviting lowball bids (thus wasting their sms), you won't feel insulted when you see the price they bid.

Just ignore.

Or better still, state a buying price, and then state a lowball price for lowballers to bid. Lowballers just like to try their luck. And since you're the one inviting lowball bids (thus wasting their sms), you won't feel insulted when you see the price they bid.

For example:
Advertisement Category: Want To Sell (WTS)

Equipment Type: DSLR
Equipment Brand: Sony
Equipment Model: Alpha 33
Price (S$): 800 (For serious buyers), 100 (for lowballers)
Description:
Please sms to deal
Contact Number: 987654321
Condition of Item: 9
Warranty Status: Nil

Package/Accessories/Extras:
All standard accessories

Note: it's meant to be an example, I've totally no intention to sell the above-mentioned camera or whatsoever, to whosoever.

:bsmilie: even if you put it this way, i'm sure there are ppl who will still want to push their luck

For example:
Advertisement Category: Want To Sell (WTS)

Equipment Type: DSLR
Equipment Brand: Sony
Equipment Model: Alpha 33
Price (S$): 800 (For serious buyers), 100 (for lowballers)
Description:
Please sms to deal
Contact Number: 987654321
Condition of Item: 9
Warranty Status: Nil

Package/Accessories/Extras:
All standard accessories

Note: it's meant to be an example, I've totally no intention to sell the above-mentioned camera or whatsoever, to whosoever.

:bsmilie: even if you put it this way, i'm sure there are ppl who will still want to push their luck

Hahaha.. i think so too.. then lowballers will sms you and ask for $30.. :bsmilie:

there was once I put price fixed, and a buyer sms me can you unfix and fix the price again zzzz

Whoa.. best.. next time i try..