how many audiophiles are photographers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ohh... i was not too sure too. i was told by people in the market that there was only 1 pair in singapore. very much like the dunlavy sc6 or things like that, its just too big for most people to put in their living rooms..

anyway, cyrus used to make good amps, i've got a pair of cyrus ones.

I know the IIb. Very nice pair of speakers. I saw once a pair for sale in hougang. Went to see them but owner put a hefty price tag on them. Maybe it was you? :bsmilie:

aah.. nothing to drool about.. just old speakers from a generation ago

mine's the smaller one... the IRS IIb, 5 way speaker with 3 ribbon midranges and 3 ribbon highs and two 8" per chan. the IRS I was supposedly fine tuned based on the IRS IIb. the older IRS II had woofers for midranges than ribbons.

i had seen and heard the IRS I in singapore but the owner sold it to someone in penang already. he was driving his setup with a classe then. from what the owner said, there used to be 3 sets of the IRS I in singapore at least, but how many left as of now.. i've not much of an idea.

mine is a little old setup nothing much examplary nor high end, been driving them with a pair of old SAE hypersonic monoblocks but my dad picked up a pair of cheap 6550 monoblocs whilst i was away and they seem to be driving everything fine. :bsmilie:

I've already succumbed to the quality it produces (besides the gloss piano black simplistic front layout, the top loading, drawer style, the cute magnet clamping system) ...I brought my CDP to my uncle's place for a A vs B comparison ... I'm sold.

Just that its no longer found on market since its been discontinued.

EMC CD1 ah??? Come come, let me seduce u more with Wadia 861. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

EMC CD1 ah??? Come come, let me seduce u more with Wadia 861. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Wadia not so chio ... :sticktong aesthetics wise ..

But seriously, i'm just looking for a player - looks secondary too of course! :bsmilie: - to play all kinds of music, put it this way - an all rounder.

Currently my CDP is able to do that... but after listening too long, it gets a tad bit dry. Not sure why also.

I've yet to try the wadia ... already tried the EMC CD1 ... my ears & mouth were drooling after the experience .. :cry:

I know the IIb. Very nice pair of speakers. I saw once a pair for sale in hougang. Went to see them but owner put a hefty price tag on them. Maybe it was you? :bsmilie:

nope :bsmilie:

was never for sale.. probably never would unless i can afford a pair of escalantes.. but wait.. if i could.. afford a pair of escalantes.. i might have preferred.. owning the nikon trinities instead.. :eek::eek:

oh crap.. too many hobbies.. too little resource :p

I have one or two good nikon lens.

MAybe, I bring the lens to your place and we listen to the speakers !

Or the other way around ! :bsmilie:

nope :bsmilie:

was never for sale.. probably never would unless i can afford a pair of escalantes.. but wait.. if i could.. afford a pair of escalantes.. i might have preferred.. owning the nikon trinities instead.. :eek::eek:

oh crap.. too many hobbies.. too little resource :p

I've yet to try the wadia ... already tried the EMC CD1 ... my ears & mouth were drooling after the experience .. :cry:

Keke, if you have tried Wadia, u can throw CD1 out liao. :devil:

ps: have compared CD1 with W860 a few years back, CD1 goes out of the window straight away. ;)

This is the smartest HIFI comment!

And of course,not subjective but objective. As everything in HIFI. An exact science.:bsmilie:

Keke, if you have tried Wadia, u can throw CD1 out liao. :devil:

ps: have compared CD1 with W860 a few years back, CD1 goes out of the window straight away. ;)

My set is pretty aged. A pair of B & W floorstander (model P4, I believe) bought from Eastland Trading about 15 or more years ago at a huge discount just before they handed over the distributorship to another company. A pair of Audio Lab power n pre-amp, an Arcam CD driver with Audio Archemy DAC (forgot the model) and Nordost flatline twin speaker cables. Now, my Audio Lab amps are kaput and I don't know who the local distributor is so that I can send in for repair.

the wadia is really good, i had a 860 for awhile.. but the emc1 is no slouch either la.

the escalantes are nice speakers but i might prefer something along the lines of the apogees. be it the duettas or the smaller stage. i've always had a weak spot for ribbons...

Hacknet is back ! ;)

the wadia is really good, i had a 860 for awhile.. but the emc1 is no slouch either la.

the escalantes are nice speakers but i might prefer something along the lines of the apogees. be it the duettas or the smaller stage. i've always had a weak spot for ribbons...

NoNo.. all this is hot air. i doubt i want to dump more money into it. i'd rather get a rollei. btw, i've got tons of stuff to sell off.. chinese tube amps, tube preamps, roberson audio power amps, ive got an audio note pre to let go too... gosh, my house is becoming a store room..!

I'm doing that with my combo right now ... using part pro part audiophile - result - i get the best of both worlds.

Tough to do that because hifi stuff tends to be the bottleneck in the system unless you're prepared to spend 10 times as much.

just a note, the echoloft is facing some technical difficulties but it will be up again very soon.. so hang in there!

i have a ipod 80gb, with a RSA tomahawk amp and a pair of UE 5pro IEM. for portable use.

i also have a china made tube amp(dont know anything about them so decide to get a china set to play and try different tubes before getting a good tube amp). anyway the amp has been fantastic...and using a old pair of rogers studio 5 speakers biwired w primare cables...source....DVD player from my living room....no money to buy good CD player:embrass:

so considered audiophile or not??

Of course you are ! Audiophile is the one that loves audio equipment. Audio = audio phile = love. So as long as you have a passion for audio, you are an audiophile. No need to have the equipment to match your level of passion.;)

i have a ipod 80gb, with a RSA tomahawk amp and a pair of UE 5pro IEM. for portable use.

i also have a china made tube amp(dont know anything about them so decide to get a china set to play and try different tubes before getting a good tube amp). anyway the amp has been fantastic...and using a old pair of rogers studio 5 speakers biwired w primare cables...source....DVD player from my living room....no money to buy good CD player:embrass:

so considered audiophile or not??

Since I am moving around often, I can't afford to get a real hi fi set. I only have a audio technica earphone with my ipod now. can anyone recommend a good amp, headphones or speakers for ipod? All those must be portable..

Status
Not open for further replies.