Fujifilm X100S

just got it. $1520 for the set

where u got it?any free gift

I tried grabbing the RAW files from my X100S, and the colors are freaking SWEET! Much better than any of the film presets in-cam. The problem is that the noise is horrendous! Can anyone recommend a RAW converter that also fixes the noise?

october promo I think is
1) drybox
2) premium half case
3) $40 taka vouchers
4) extra original battery
5) tripod
6) 8gb card
7) extra slrr vouchers if u buy from there

The problem is that the noise is horrendous! Can anyone recommend a RAW converter that also fixes the noise?

x100s noise is horrendous ? for what I know, X100s is one the best APS-C camera that handles noise very well.
care to elaborate or show us a pic with the ISO settings ?

Yea noise handling is good. I will consider anything up to iso1600 useable. Thought I think the jpeg engine applies quite a lot of noise reduction more then I like it to be.

JPG noise handling is excellent, yes. But you really have to look at the RAW, noise is so bad. Anyway, I'll show you some pics when I get back home. Thanks.

sorry this is my 1st time buying camera,may i know where u buy from or where can get cheaper?And the promo same at everywhere?

Make a trip to Fuji showroom at 4th level, Funan Digitalife Mall ( used to call Funan Center).

You can try the camera, take some shots, ask the staff for help if you are not familiar with the operation. I was there last week and had a good time with the x100s.
The promotion ends on Oct 31st. You collect the free gifts from Fuji at the Fuji showroom.

On the 4th level, there are Click!, John 3:16, SLR and other shops. Check the prices, ask what are included in the standard package. X100s prices is in range of $1520 to $1550.

Last edited:
Hi guys, after some rooting around Silkypix, I finally found the Noise Reduction tab. RAW conversion to JPG is looking OK now. Thanks.

Hi guys, after some rooting around Silkypix, I finally found the Noise Reduction tab. RAW conversion to JPG is looking OK now. Thanks.

I prefer to use the in camera raw conversion, the colors are better but it's very very time consuming. :/
If only there is a fix to convert a whole batch at a predetermined settings that is customisable....

Last edited:
So I've been using this camera for about 4, 5 months now. Here's my personal take on it.

General
1. The camera is more portable and lighter than my DSLR (duh!), so I tend to take it out shooting more
2. The camera is less obtrusive (smaller and quieter) so people don't mind it as much as a DSLR
3. The magnesium overcoat is easily scratched
4. The viewfinder glass(?) coat is easily scratched
5. Friends and strangers both like the way it looks and handles!

Usage
1. Autofocus success is probably front-focused by a smidge.
2. Autofocus failure (it says it's in focus but actually not) happens maybe 10% of the time. This happens more in very bright or back lit scenes.
3. I use the EVF all the time now because it shows me what the sensor sees
4. Yes, the autofocus is slow, but this isn't a DSLR

Color
1. Reds don't look right (reds look orange), and no setting will fix it
2. Saturation is a bit high, but can be dialed down
3. I've dialed down the flash for a better subject-to-background transition

Noise
1. JPG engine smoothens the image a lot
2. Noise level is well-managed
3. The RAW file of course shows you the raw noise too (looks bad at higher ISO), but can be adjusted by software
4. Usable max ISO appears to be either ISO 1600 or ISO 3200 depending on your taste; I can't use ISO 6400 because of artifacts

My settings
Provia, Auto ISO (200 - 3200, lowest shutter speed 1/60), Color tone -1, Shadow tone -1

Last edited:
Reactions: LBL2009
Yea, red color and the focusing seems to be the Achilles' heel of Fuji. You may want to try Astia, I find the reds look more red compared to Provia and Velvia.

good day all, just wondering if anyone could advise me on the X100s.. I am considering seriously to buy it. And I was wondering how is the performance light in low light situation?

I might have the opportunity to go to Iceland this year end, do you reckon that the X100s can take a photo of it?

Cheers.

good day all, just wondering if anyone could advise me on the X100s.. I am considering seriously to buy it. And I was wondering how is the performance light in low light situation? I might have the opportunity to go to Iceland this year end, do you reckon that the X100s can take a photo of it? Cheers.

If size of the lens isn't a concern, would you be considering getting x-e2 with kit lens? Same sensor as x100s and lens is good for general shooting. X-e2 will have latest Fuji technology too. Price wise quite close to x100s. If you like 35mm ff equivalent, you may want to consider getting xf23mm as well. All x-series work quite well in low light(high ISO), but I suggest you bring along a light tripod in case you need to take noiseless northern lights. X cameras work well for long exposure too. One thing, Fuji camera do not have weather shield though.

Hello subzero thanks for your reply :) I decided to get xe2 myself :) for me I am coming from a nikon d40x... Haha old school but I aLways a aperture or shutter user.. Hoping the xe 2 will upgrade my photos :)

Happy to shift from Sony NEX to Fujifilm X100s. Images are really sharp! I love the colours from Fuji :D Bought mine at TK foto with all the freebies mentioned above. :D Bought mine last nov 4.

sharing some photos taken with this beauty

10926605124_ddc94ce955_b.jpg

10946012653_cc244f9119_b.jpg

10945809436_154d8baac5_b.jpg

Reactions: silver blade
I tried grabbing the RAW files from my X100S, and the colors are freaking SWEET! Much better than any of the film presets in-cam. The problem is that the noise is horrendous! Can anyone recommend a RAW converter that also fixes the noise?

May I know which software are you using? I find the RAW file shown in Lightroom 5 to be rather 'flat' & needed quite a bit of work to match or better in-camera JPEG's colour.

JPG noise handling is excellent, yes. But you really have to look at the RAW, noise is so bad. Anyway, I'll show you some pics when I get back home. Thanks.

dont think thats the case? the raw files i take out of the camera actually handles noise very well