Fujifilm X100S

$1400 plus from shops with one year warranty from Fujifilm.

With all the CNY promo freebies added in, the real value is less than $1400, maybe about $1200 if freebies cost $200. Got $40 Takashimaya shopping voucher

I got mine today. The $40 voucher is NTUC instead, more useful to me.

Congrats!

Did you also get a white tripod? Prefer if it was black or silver.

Last edited:
I got mine today. The $40 voucher is NTUC instead, more useful to me.

i requested them to give me the non-freebies price, they said cannot, it is Fujifilm packaging, they have to follow.

Congrats!

Did you also get a white tripod? Prefer if it was black or silver.

black.

i requested them to give me the non-freebies price, they said cannot, it is Fujifilm packaging, they have to follow.

as long as freebies is by manufacturer, shops cannot do anything.

I was given a white tripod but I was not too bothered cos I was not intending to keep it.

Hi all, am new here, looking at making a purchase for the black series X100s, any good recommendation? Intend to get it in 2-3 weeks time.

Last edited:
Price for both silver & black is the same. Just call & check with the few 'usual' shops eg. Cathay, SLR Revolution, Clifk, etc. to compare prices. I suggest you just enquire about X100s in general & only ask if they have the black version if you are ok with the prices. Some shop may quote closer to RRP if you specifically asking for the black cos supply is limited currently.

Price for both silver & black is the same. Just call & check with the few 'usual' shops eg. Cathay, SLR Revolution, Clifk, etc. to compare prices. I suggest you just enquire about X100s in general & only ask if they have the black version if you are ok with the prices. Some shop may quote closer to RRP if you specifically asking for the black cos supply is limited currently.

just a difference in color, more expensive?

More expensive b'cos there is a limited supply....not so much the colour. Prices (more like the amount of discount)of some cam do factuate depending on the supply demand.

The previous model, X100, black version used to be sold as limited edition with all the black accessories included not sold in the retail shop then (black hood, filter, premium leather case, etc) with a serial number card indicating the limited number produced.

Was asking for more than $2000 for the full set, and sold like hot cakes then (as compared to the silver X100, at around $1600).

You can still find the X100 Limited Edition Black now at some reputable stores at Funan, brand new set sold at around $10xx. Half the price of the initial selling price.

Guess Fuji realised that they cannot do the same for X100S, as the "limited" edition does not really maintain value or appreciate in value like the Leica cameras.

Good that they are selling both black and silver X100S models now both at the same RRP, but as what most buyers are aware, black ones are either less in stocks, or more highly demanded (both due to the X100 black limited edition impression, as well as black being more discreet and sexy), thus retailers will probably be selling this at RRP or near RRP, while they are willing to lower the price a little for the silver X100S which is slightly harder to push.

Ironically, when I bought my Leica M9P Chrome with the Chrome 50lux, it is chrome silver version that it very rare and limited, and black ones normally sell at a slight discount as compared. Probably some differences though, as the black paint of Leica cameras tend to "brass" more easily and the chrome set maintain its exterior look better.

Last edited:
what is the price now...for x100s silver or black

The previous model, X100, black version used to be sold as limited edition with all the black accessories included not sold in the retail shop then (black hood, filter, premium leather case, etc) with a serial number card indicating the limited number produced.

Was asking for more than $2000 for the full set, and sold like hot cakes then (as compared to the silver X100, at around $1600).

You can still find the X100 Limited Edition Black now at some reputable stores at Funan, brand new set sold at around $10xx. Half the price of the initial selling price.

Guess Fuji realised that they cannot do the same for X100S, as the "limited" edition does not really maintain value or appreciate in value like the Leica cameras.

Good that they are selling both black and silver X100S models now both at the same RRP, but as what most buyers are aware, black ones are either less in stocks, or more highly demanded (both due to the X100 black limited edition impression, as well as black being more discreet and sexy), thus retailers will probably be selling this at RRP or near RRP, while they are willing to lower the price a little for the silver X100S which is slightly harder to push.

Ironically, when I bought my Leica M9P Chrome with the Chrome 50lux, it is chrome silver version that it very rare and limited, and black ones normally sell at a slight discount as compared. Probably some differences though, as the black paint of Leica cameras tend to "brass" more easily and the chrome set maintain its exterior look better.

come to think of it, no point getting a black x100, the money is more worth to get a brand new silver x100s.

what is the price now...for x100s silver or black

silver x100s in shops is about 1400 plus with freebies from Fujifilm. If u took away the freebies, the actual price could be around 1200

I doubt X100s black paint is any better than Leica's. I find paint quality & finishes of the X100s to be inferior to Leica's...prone to scratches. But I don't think many X100s users will complaint too much. It's a nice camera for a slow day.

silver x100s in shops is about 1400 plus with freebies from Fujifilm. If u took away the freebies, the actual price could be around 1200
as in i can op out of the freebie and get it for 1200 ?

You are right. The black paint of X100/S is inferior. Getting a black one is just for the discreet look. Still will get scratches and paint drops after using for a while.

I doubt X100s black paint is any better than Leica's. I find paint quality & finishes of the X100s to be inferior to Leica's...prone to scratches. But I don't think many X100s users will complaint too much. It's a nice camera for a slow day.

nope, $1400 plus brand new set in shops, 12 months warranty from Fujifilm.

Yo Bro, went shopping around, most of them selling at $1530, can give me your contact for $1400? Thanks mate.

Think quite impossible to get it at $1.4k nett. More like high $1.4k. $1450-1490 more likely.