Fujifilm X100S

Just bought @ SLR for $1487 cash for the set.

Just bought @ SLR for $1487 cash for the set.

wow.. now so cheap for brand new set, some selling second-hand at around $1400!

wow.. now so cheap for brand new set, some selling second-hand at around $1400!

Because they said it is really mint condition and rarely use, what you get is exactly new from the shop.
They just bought for deco purpose then put up for sales after bored with the "look"

Because they said it is really mint condition and rarely use, what you get is exactly new from the shop.
They just bought for deco purpose then put up for sales after bored with the "look"

it is really a good camera if u know how to use make use of it.

Although I like the x100s a lot, but I do miss the ability to change lens for dslr or other mirrorless camera.

Just updated the firmware to 1.10, didn't feel any obvious different except the option to change filename.

What I really would like is some for of image stabilisation in the X100s. I've the XE2 so I constantly can't decide between the XE2 with 18-55 and the X100s. If the X100s had image stabilisation I would use it more often. Its really a bummer to have F2 only to be negated by the need to have a higher shutter speed not to have shake. On the XE2 I have F2.8 but I can have lower shutter speed due to image stabilisation. If either the XE2 have built in image stabilisation (like OMD) or OIS in the prime fast lens it would be great. I don't agree that wide angles don't need image stabilisation. OMD users are going to real low speed impossible without IBIS which sometimes make their low light capability better than Fuji. So if Fuji had that technology (stabilisation) plus the legendary Fuji sensor technology, it would be a great low light camera.

The X100s has a wide angle fixed focal length lens which probably wouldn't benefit much from image stabilisation. I can currently hit 1/15 nearly all the time and 1/8 perhaps 50-50, and perhaps some form of IS will let me go down by another third or two thirds stop. It is probably not worth the extra engineering and cost, especially since the X100s is not exactly 'budget'.

Well I don't have such great hands and 1/30 is about the max can go. And to be safe I use 1/60. I envy OMD users who can go down to even 1/2 a second. I'll be quite happy to get down to 1/8 of second fairly consistently.

The X100s has a wide angle fixed focal length lens which probably wouldn't benefit much from image stabilisation. I can currently hit 1/15 nearly all the time and 1/8 perhaps 50-50, and perhaps some form of IS will let me go down by another third or two thirds stop. It is probably not worth the extra engineering and cost, especially since the X100s is not exactly 'budget'.

Well I don't have such great hands and 1/30 is about the max can go. And to be safe I use 1/60. I envy OMD users who can go down to even 1/2 a second. I'll be quite happy to get down to 1/8 of second fairly consistently.

Why not bump up the ISO? Since it handles high ISO very well

heard that a all-black X100s with weather sealing is coming in early 2014.

Oh yeah! Got the X100s now for a week, images are great!

Complements my X10 really well, but now looking at XE-2 or maybe X-pro haha!

What is the latest pricing for X100s camera? I don't supposed it will be any different for the all black version.

What is the latest pricing for X100s camera? I don't supposed it will be any different for the all black version.

$1400 plus from shops with one year warranty from Fujifilm.

With all the CNY promo freebies added in, the real value is less than $1400, maybe about $1200 if freebies cost $200. Got $40 Takashimaya shopping voucher

Last edited:
$1400 plus from shops with one year warranty from Fujifilm.

With all the CNY promo freebies added in, the real value is less than $1400, maybe about $1200 if freebies cost $200. Got $40 Takashimaya shopping voucher

from which shop

from which shop

all shops, just walk in and ask, they will quote you the price, some difference around $5-20 dollars. It is still under promotion since Christmas until Chinese New Year.

Last edited:
i really wish the black x100s got Wifi built in !

Just to check if any one know where I can get 3rd party hood and adaptor in black locally?