Fujifilm X-E2

was fooling around with the filters :)

How do you find it so far? Any comments and review on the camera? Maybe can start a thread to share photos taken with the camera.

I feel quite handicap with the camera since Aperture still cannot support the raw format yet. I prefer to do minor post processing with raw, so have to wait patiently..

I think the X-E2 is largely identical to the X-E1. Like I mentioned before, the faster AF is not significant for what I do. Also waiting for RAW conversion to be ready so I am shooting with jpegs for now, except for stuff which I know I can do some editing later on. For those, I shot in RAW+JPEG. Its a good time to explore the settings on the camera and see what you can get in the jpegs straight out of the camera. This is something I have not done for a long time since I don't usually buy cameras when they just hit the shelves. I will be going to Bangkok later this week. Bringing the X-E2 with me. Will see what I can do with it.

Last edited:
An example SOCC JPEG with XE2, 18-55mm, ISO1250

DSCF0366.JPG

Thats my black X-E2 with 23mm lens, simple soft neck strap & waiting for made in china BXE1 set for the dressing.

And my X-Pro1, taken with X-E2

Last edited:
Normally when I shot this kind of group shoot, I find the people at the extreme edges tend to be a bit soft. But with the XE2 and same lens, the people seem sharper. Maybe its the LMO at work.

I thot the lmo software is available to the 23mm len only or have it been release already? Also lmo work for defraction when shooting in smaller aperture. So I think it just this len have a good corner sharpness.

I thot the lmo software is available to the 23mm len only or have it been release already? Also lmo work for defraction when shooting in smaller aperture. So I think it just this len have a good corner sharpness.

LMO update comes together with the PDAF update and was released before the launch of XE2. Only 18mm and one other lens not yet released. LMO covers diffraction and also sharpness based on lens. So if lens is known to soft it's supposed to compensate

does anyone has the 35mm with the XE2? does the CAF works well? can I track a walking subject towards me?

Just got my X-E2, anyone find the LCD screen bait flimsy...liek say if u put a thumb on it and move..u can feel very slight movement ?

Btw, any idea where to get the screen protector for this weird screen size ?

Poison !! Got it today . Cam in black..

Just got my X-E2, anyone find the LCD screen bait flimsy...liek say if u put a thumb on it and move..u can feel very slight movement ? Btw, any idea where to get the screen protector for this weird screen size ?

Didn't experience the flimsy LCD display. Think u have to get a larger one and cut it. You can ask the shop to do it for you.