Fujifilm X-E2

subzero

Jun 15, 2003
Central
www.petc.com
Two more days before announcement of X-E2. Any bros here aiming to get it when it is available in the market based on the specs from the rumor site? I am hoping for surprises from Fuji that it will not be the same sensor use in x100s and a better one will be use instead.

Will you switched camp to sony for their full frame A7?

Look at the b&s market, some guys are dumping the XE1 like it's not able to take good photos after these new cameras (XE2, A7/r) came out :bsmilie:

I thought the sony A7 lens lineup is not impressive. The 35mm f2.8 is especially dissappointing. I mean they can do a RX1 with f2.0 I don't see why they cannot design a 35mm f2.0 lens...

I think fuji is still competitive. The most important consideration for me if AF tracking. Olympus and Canon has up their sensor phase detect system. I hope fuji can improve on theirs and make the excellent 35mm f1.4 more useable.

nah not really excited about bodies. They come and go every year.

Look at the b&s market, some guys are dumping the XE1 like it's not able to take good photos after these new cameras (XE2, A7/r) came out :bsmilie:

That's gooood. Let the price drop further I think bodies are going around the 600-700 region now. I want to get one to convert to IR lol!

I thought the sony A7 lens lineup is not impressive. The 35mm f2.8 is especially dissappointing. I mean they can do a RX1 with f2.0 I don't see why they cannot design a 35mm f2.0 lens... I think fuji is still competitive. The most important consideration for me if AF tracking. Olympus and Canon has up their sensor phase detect system. I hope fuji can improve on theirs and make the excellent 35mm f1.4 more useable.

I don't see any ultra wide and macro lens lineup from their lens roadmap. Likely have to wait till last quarter 2014 or 2015 for the lens. Sony do not have very good reputation on their lens, hope their new range of lens will improve together with their new system.

I still have faith with the X system for its great IQ and superb lens. What I feel Fuji x-tran sensor I or II is good enough for now but need improvement for sure. More importantly for them to improve on AF, response etc as you bro mentioned.

That's gooood. Let the price drop further I think bodies are going around the 600-700 region now. I want to get one to convert to IR lol!

That's a good idea! But for me I'd just keep using XE1 until I have to upgrade. It's a great little camera. Plus those fantastic X lenses, I just don't see any interest in those Sony's (small body with HUGE lenses don't make sense to me anyway).

That's a good idea! But for me I'd just keep using XE1 until I have to upgrade. It's a great little camera. Plus those fantastic X lenses, I just don't see any interest in those Sony's (small body with HUGE lenses don't make sense to me anyway).

Technically they have problem designing compact ff lens for their A7. You don't see f2 or f1.4 lens in their roadmap.

Technically they have problem designing compact ff lens for their A7. You don't see f2 or f1.4 lens in their roadmap.

Don't worry. Eventually they'd figure out how to make small lenses like Leica/Pentax ;)

dun think will change... the X-E1 is indeed a very capable camera given its size.

when used with the 35mm f/1.4 and 14mm f/2.8 lenses... it makes me happy enough!

The only companies that make films...Fuji and Kodak.
Will stick to Fuji-X for their color.
No Sony for me because hate the colors.

The only companies that make films...Fuji and Kodak. Will stick to Fuji-X for their color. No Sony for me because hate the colors.

Ya a lot to do with preference. Somehow I dislike the color from sony too.

Even if there is faster af, I still see no reason to buy it. I am impervious to GAS. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

talk about sony..im coming from NEX6 user and moved to XE1...
don't really like the color of Sony...it's really flat and nothing special (i'm using NEX 6 + SEL35mm +SEL50mm+ sigma 30mm)
I'm still preferred my XE1+ kit lens....eventhough have to be more "patience"
hehehehe

:bsmilie:

Someone just mentioned the new mirrorless FFs and you guys get your knickers in a twist.

It's really funny, you know?

I come from a fujifilm (literally film) background and really i see no need to be so negative just because, you know, another brand came up with something new.

If you're riled up for no reason, it doesn't show your loyalty. It just shows that there is fear.

After all, Fear leads to Anger, and Anger leads to Hate. And Hate leads to brand wars which I'm sure none of you intend to start with childish hateful and spiteful comments

Er guys, let's not turn this into a brand A vs brand B thread :D

Er guys, let's not turn this into a brand A vs brand B thread :D

No worries so far people here seem to be quite objective about different gear and know what they want. Let's wait patiently what x-e2 have to offer during the announcement today. There are rumors that x100 will get firmware updates as well.

No worries so far people here seem to be quite objective about different gear and know what they want. Let's wait patiently what x-e2 have to offer during the announcement today. There are rumors that x100 will get firmware updates as well.

Been waiting for that X100 firmware update!