Fuji X100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not sure if should get now or wait..

Wait sure no stocks Liao.. Hahaha

Still not sure if should get now or wait..

Wait sure no stocks Liao.. Hahaha

When I was there at 12pm, almost everyone is getting a X100...should be finished by now.

was selling like hot cakes when I got mine. I just went to the show and went straight to the cashier...hehe

I hate IT show! Always full of temptation! Some intro ... Delicious!

JC1.jpg

JC2.jpg

JC3.jpg

JC4.jpg

JC.jpg

Enjoy!

Left about 6 units when i got mine about 1 hour ago! hot!

wonder if they would be giving a premium leather case when purchased outside??

$1699 at IT show. free 16gb card and premium case and other freebies.

How much is it and what free gifts given with purchase. What accessories are avaliable ?

Last edited:
Just got 1 set at about 1pm. Was told they brought in 84 sets, and by the time I decided to buy, less than 30 left. Queue for manhandling, queue for paying. At the payment counter, everyone in the queue was paying for an X100. Freebies- tripod, 16GB card, premium case (to be collected at he end of the month), extra 3rd party battery, screen protector, care reader. I also bargained for an additional 8gGB sd card.

Wow... nice you got an additional 8gb card. My friend and I bought together and didn't have this additional free gift.

Lol so jealous of those who got theirs at IT Show. Have to wait till March 21st for mine.. already paid deposit.. Anyhow its ok I am overseas so won't get to play around that much.

Looking forward to your reviews.

Edit:Double post

Last edited:
according to the IT Show 2011 supplement in the straits times... it is on sale today. but at $1699... izit me or does it look like a rip-off price? :faint:

Feeding frenzy..no sense anymore..

all waited long time. so chance come all sure grab. Japan and usa also stock shortage.

Was there about 12.30pm to get the latest and greatest Linksys dual band router which is not available anywhere else and so went to try out the X100.

Although I really like the metallic retro look, the camera felt somewhat too light in the hand like almost weightless and doesn't gel with the solid metal look.... unless of course it is made out of titanium (Fat chance that !). Rangefinder users who are used to the heftiness of their cameras might not like it. The other thing I am not too impressed with is the LCD screen which somehow does not look very high resolution and took a bit too long to turn back on... the sales rep said that the battery was low but I doubt that's the reason.

The sales rep kept trying to persaude me to buy one but I just can't seem to shake off the impression that the X100 is fragile because of the low weight. The Epson R-D1s on the other hand has the right amount of heftiness and gave the user the feeling that it is very substantial, robust and solid and is an intricate work of art... which it is actually. I don't know about others, but if the X100 felt like my Epson R-D1s when I first held it, I would have immediately flashed my credit card.

So in the end, I didn't buy the X100 at the IT Show. I would eventually buy one later on but it would be at a substantially discounted price from my regular dealer. The 'wow factor' is just not there to move me into buying it at retail price at the IT Show. It also didn't help that the premium case was not available and have to be collected later on from don't know where (so troublesome). I might as well wait until everything is available then buy at a cheaper price.

Last edited:
Just touched the camera for 15 mins. When i left fuji booth they were Left with 3 sets at the show and some instant personal views on the cam.

Looks great and feels great, but operations wise a tad sluggish. Especially when you want to preview photos on LCD after every shoot. You will need to press the change view button followed by the preview button. In between those moments, some lag are apparent. The lag seems to happen again for me when I switch from evf to ovf.

Liveview and evf will freeze and pause momentarily when focus is locked when shutter button is half pressed.

Pictures from the f2 lens is sharp and iso3200 remains clean and useable. Overall, a great looking camera with high iq. But hopefully the firmware upgrades can improve the operations speed .

BTW, just one question to those who purchased the camera.

By 'Premium Case' do you mean the x100 leather case or just a standard fujifilm black generic case?

Thanks in advance

Was told it's the full brown case :)

yup was told the same thing. it better be the brown one and not some crappy case

Was there about 12.30pm to get the latest and greatest Linksys dual band router which is not available anywhere else and so went to try out the X100.

Although I really like the metallic retro look, the camera felt somewhat too light in the hand like almost weightless and doesn't gel with the solid metal look.... unless of course it is made out of titanium (Fat chance that !). Rangefinder users who are used to the heftiness of their cameras might not like it. The other thing I am not too impressed with is the LCD screen which somehow does not look very high resolution and took a bit too long to turn back on... the sales rep said that the battery was low but I doubt that's the reason.

The sales rep kept trying to persaude me to buy one but I just can't seem to shake off the impression that the X100 is fragile because of the low weight. The Epson R-D1s on the other hand has the right amount of heftiness and gave the user the feeling that it is very substantial, robust and solid and is an intricate work of art... which it is actually. I don't know about others, but if the X100 felt like my Epson R-D1s when I first held it, I would have immediately flashed my credit card.

So in the end, I didn't buy the X100 at the IT Show. I would eventually buy one later on but it would be at a substantially discounted price from my regular dealer. The 'wow factor' is just not there to move me into buying it at retail price at the IT Show. It also didn't help that the premium case was not available and have to be collected later on from don't know where (so troublesome). I might as well wait until everything is available then buy at a cheaper price.

My thoughts exactly. I expected a heftier weight but was rather disappointed. Menu system will also take some time to get used to but nice to see there was at least some control over image parameters. EVF was just ok - not as big a Hoo-hah that people have been raving about. I believe the 'demo' unit is a pre-production model with the thinner scroll wheel inside the 4 way controller. No distance markings on lens!
Will have to think long and hard and maybe even wait for the next version liao...

Status
Not open for further replies.