Fuji X-E1 and new compact coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
xAshtrayx said:
Fuji x series camera has soul in it :)

Doubt it, the X100 is still the cheaper package, no need to lower the price. ;-)

it's so desirable...seriously thinking of getting it with the 18-55mm...

@ owners: what screen protector are you guys using for it?

Still waiting to see if there is any firmware update to enable remote shutter release for xpro1 USB....if not def will get the xe1 in hkg next month just to back up for time lapse shooting :D but still love the ovf for streets and daily documentations xoxo

It is so new that there is no customised screen protector for this XE-1!

Found a perfect fit 2.8 inch screen protector at Funan. Check out also if some of the stores have stocks by now since it is launched for a few days already.

it's so desirable...seriously thinking of getting it with the 18-55mm...

@ owners: what screen protector are you guys using for it?

ill be in hk end of the month... hopefully still got stock and anyone know where to buy? lol

I will b there this Thursday... will post here n update u guys who will b heading to HK soon...

kegler said:
Ya...can check if its international warrranty...thanks

Should check with Fujifilm SG if warranty applies.

Yeah. Warranty should check locally. Even wif international warranty, dunno if sg service centre accepts or not.

How is the shutter lag if compare to DSLR and m4/3. I'm thinking to get one mirror less soon mainly for travel.

kaungkin said:
How is the shutter lag if compare to DSLR and m4/3. I'm thinking to get one mirror less soon mainly for travel.

Are you really asking about the shutter lag or about AF speed?

blurboiboi said:
any one contemplating between this and the EM5 and gotten this instead??..
can share the reason why?..

thanks!

I have the E-M5 but is tempted to switch. The AF is putting me off though. Still deciding if I jump now or wait for further improvements...

I have the E-M5 but is tempted to switch. The AF is putting me off though. Still deciding if I jump now or wait for further improvements...

Jump now, the E-M5 is already more than 6 months old.

How is the AF speed compared to x100 latest firmware?

ageha said:
Are you really asking about the shutter lag or about AF speed?

If possible, both...:)
I know the AF speed is not as fast as DSLR. But by main concern is how the shutter mechanism response after pressed the release button is.
Is it called shutter lag?

kaungkin said:
If possible, both...:)
I know the AF speed is not as fast as DSLR. But by main concern is how the shutter mechanism response after pressed the release button is.
Is it called shutter lag?

Yes. Should be similar to the bigger brother. Just look at the time they measured in a review. dpreview does measure it usually. If somebody else "feels" it's fast or slow is pretty irrelevant. Only you can answer the question for yourself.

Last edited:
It is so new that there is no customised screen protector for this XE-1!

Found a perfect fit 2.8 inch screen protector at Funan. Check out also if some of the stores have stocks by now since it is launched for a few days already.

thanks for the reply ZoomZ

Status
Not open for further replies.