Fuji X-E1 and new compact coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
vengels said:
Should be ard 1999.

Can be lower if ur negotiation skills are good..

HK is selling 9k HKD. Just checked. M gg there this Thursday. But warranty is an issue.

You going HK to buy XE-1 or just Leica lenses? Big budget this time? Haha...

HK is selling 9k HKD. Just checked. M gg there this Thursday. But warranty is an issue.

i thought it is a limited number of sets at 9k HKD?..

Thoth said:

Hk price is hkd9990.

ZoomZ said:
You going HK to buy XE-1 or just Leica lenses? Big budget this time? Haha...

Nah. Just checking it out. Haven't play wif it yet.

Thoth said:

Btw stocks running out fast ...heard that many shops splitting the special set to sell for higher price.

Good luck! :)

trd2970 said:
Btw stocks running out fast ...heard that many shops splitting the special set to sell for higher price.

Good luck! :)

Yeah. Will check out HK prices n availability.

ZoomZ said:
Try it. You will sell away your Nex 7 just like me.

No need to search for Leica or Zeiss lenses anymore, as the kit lens (35mm F1.4) out-resolves other lenses on the XE-1. Frankly, the 16mpx is sharper than the 24mpx of the Nex 7. Interesting right?

Ah. Tatz interesting. Gotta save up for d new M though. Dun think will switch to xe-1. Dun c d point to switch from one crop body to another crop body. Unless there is another FF mirror less coming around.

If you have deep wallet, why not? It will just cost you around $20K for a full set of new Leica M with 50lux to match it.

OOT liao. Back to XE-1.

Anyone found any good leather halfcase to match it yet? The orginal brown colour really looks weird.

Ah. Tatz interesting. Gotta save up for d new M though. Dun think will switch to xe-1. Dun c d point to switch from one crop body to another crop body. Unless there is another FF mirror less coming around.

Should be ard 1999.

Can be lower if ur negotiation skills are good..

Do you guys think I'm crazy to sell my 5D MKIII for the X-E1? It's too heavy for me to carry around all the time and I use my X100 far more often.

Depends on whether you need the AF speed of DSLR and full frame depth of field?

AF speed of XE-1 cannot compare to DSLR. It is quite fast now but will still hunt a bit under low lights or low contrast area.... For fast-moving objects, you will still need a DSLR...

Sold my DSLR quite some time back as can't carry it (even with only 1 L lens attached) when carrying my kid. Happy with compact nowadays as i am a casual shooter...

Do you guys think I'm crazy to sell my 5D MKIII for the X-E1? It's too heavy for me to carry around all the time and I use my X100 far more often.

Last edited:
If you have deep wallet, why not? It will just cost you around $20K for a full set of new Leica M with 50lux to match it.

OOT liao. Back to XE-1.

Anyone found any good leather halfcase to match it yet? The orginal brown colour really looks weird.

Dun haf deep pocket... sad to say... lotza commitments.. Haiz

You should just get it and give it a go. Like it? Sell the 5D3 or X100. Don't like it? Sell it at a small loss.

Price Updates for X-E1 with 35mm (8th October 2012 1445H)
TK Foto and SLRR - $1,999
Cathay - $1,950 excluding GST

MSColor is selling at:
$1,999 (cash price) with 35mm F1.4
$1,399 (cash price) Body only

SLRR is selling at:
$1,999 (cash price) with 35mm F1.4
$1,299 (cash price) Body only

AnsQ said:

Cathay price with gst is 2086 :eek:

any one contemplating between this and the EM5 and gotten this instead??..
can share the reason why?..

thanks!

After research, I believe in term of focus speed, lens choice, Raw support, on body image stabiliser and weather sealing, EM5 Win.
X-E1 win in term of capability to have more shallow bokeh and slightly better IQ, High ISO.
X-E1 also slightly lighter than EM5.

Other than that, I also more prefer the outlook of X-E1.

You have to choose in among these different :)

I wonder whether the X100 price has drop further due to the X-E1.

blurboiboi said:
any one contemplating between this and the EM5 and gotten this instead??..
can share the reason why?..

thanks!

Fuji x series camera has soul in it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.