Fuji X-E1 and new compact coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be worth waiting for 3rd party case to act as grips.

I've the X-Pro1 and use a 3rd party case and it's an improvement to it without the grip, and it doesn't cover the battery/card slot.

-

Personally, I think the X-E1 is an incredible deal for the money considering the image quality.

Pictures of the XE-1 or pictures taken from XE-1? Haha....

Picture from XE-1 will be the same as the X-Pro1 as it is exactly the same sensor. After having X-Pro1 and Nex 7, and finally back to XE-1. IQ from this superb sensor is so clean and sharp that can never get used to Nex 7 or other camera with obvious noise.

waiting for some new xe1 owners to share pics... :)

Was a X100LE user as well too, and really liked the size and silent shooting besides the wonderful IQ.

Also tried a X-pro1 later on, which the IQ is even better with choice of changing lenses (though the superb 35mm f1.4 is always on the body), but find it quite a lot bigger than X100, which makes me to hope for a X200, hopefully with the same sensor of X-pro1 built into the X200, yet with size of the X100.

Then when XE-1 came, it is the best of both worlds for me. Slightly bigger than X100, yet with the same sensor of X-Pro1 without AA filter. So you can guess what colour of the XE-1 that I bought. Black! Similar look, just bigger lens than X100LE.

And reviews on the camera too.. And anything to watch out for .. Looking forward

Pictures of the XE-1 or pictures taken from XE-1? Haha....

Picture from XE-1 will be the same as the X-Pro1 as it is exactly the same sensor. After having X-Pro1 and Nex 7, and finally back to XE-1. IQ from this superb sensor is so clean and sharp that can never get used to Nex 7 or other camera with obvious noise.

According to this reviewer, he feels that Fujifilm could have improved the jpeg engine even further in the X-E1, giving even more insane hi-ISO results. This improvement could also have been added in the firmware v2.0 for X-pro1.
Fujifilm X-E1 – High ISO Images ‹ roel.me

my main concern with the xe1 is the battery life - given that it uses the same exact battery as the xp1 (np-w126).
on my xp1 I shoot in ovf around 90% of the time; even with 'auto image review' turned off and limited 'chimping' i seldom get more than 200+ images on a single batt.
wonder how the evf-only xe1 will cope.

waiting for some new xe1 owners to share pics...
DSCF0006.jpg

1/125
F1.4
ISO500

DSCF0018.jpg

1/52
F2.8
ISO1000

100crop-1.jpg

100% crop of the above picture..
plenty sharp :thumbsup:

just wanna share some quick OOC snap shots..
in terms of IQ it is as impressive as the X-Pro1..
you will have difficulties trying to separate which is taken by X-Pro1 or X-E1

however..
not sure if it is a placebo effect but i find the AF a tad faster that X-Pro1 and less hunting in low light.. :dunno:

Last edited:
AF speed should be the same... Maybe the X-Pro1 you tried earlier was on previous firmware release. With firmware 2.0 the x-pro1 really feels like a different camera

It might be worth waiting for 3rd party case to act as grips.
Personally, I think the X-E1 is an incredible deal for the money considering the image quality.

i am waiting for the Gariz case with the cut-outs for the battery/card slots..

X-E1 is more value for $..
it took me sometime to consider if i should sell the X-Pro1 to get the X-E1..
especially when i really enjoy using the OVF.. ( i use OVF 90% of the time)..

but someone came and offered to buy my X-Pro1..
with the money i got from the sale of X-Pro1 + $200..
i managed to squeeze in a X-E1 body + 60mm macro..
:thumbsup:

AF speed should be the same... Maybe the X-Pro1 you tried earlier was on previous firmware release. With firmware 2.0 the x-pro1 really feels like a different camera

i updated my X-Pro1 to firmware 2.0..
but somehow the X-E1 felt just abit faster..
that's why i mentioned not sure if its a placebo..

we usually assume newer product = better product..

Bros how much are shops selling the X-E1 + 35mm 1.4?

Cash price is $1,999 for most shops... Cathay Photo seems higher.

Bros how much are shops selling the X-E1 + 35mm 1.4?

Do you expect a price drops in the next month or not ?

i am waiting for the Gariz case with the cut-outs for the battery/card slots..

X-E1 is more value for $..
it took me sometime to consider if i should sell the X-Pro1 to get the X-E1..
especially when i really enjoy using the OVF.. ( i use OVF 90% of the time)..

but someone came and offered to buy my X-Pro1..
with the money i got from the sale of X-Pro1 + $200..
i managed to squeeze in a X-E1 body + 60mm macro..
:thumbsup:
Sound like a good deal for you, congrats! ;)

Should be ard 1999.

Can be lower if ur negotiation skills are good..

Status
Not open for further replies.