Fuji X-E1 and new compact coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm asking my cousin over at Gold Coast to buy back for me. The price is retail price in Australia or only certain shops that sell at these price? Something like street price here

Maybe you can ask your cousin buy back for you. More convenient :) Hmm, I'm not sure whats the RRP. Most aussie shop priced their camera quite near RRP, at most $AUD50 cheaper.

Hi, is the 18-55mm kit out already in Australia?

hi guys,

is there really any difference for the 2 models , xe1 vs xpro.

i am thinking of getting either one of them.

You may want to be more specific for us to help you.

Both cameras are using the same sensor and same battery. Besides that, there are a long list of differences, from size to the wonderful OVF, etc.

I had both but sold my X-Pro1 as prefer the smaller size of X-E1. Seldom use the OVF of the X-Pro1, which is ironical since I am a M9P user who is used to the OVF of my M9P too.

OVF is very useful for a lot of users, but it traps dust easily too.

hi guys,

is there really any difference for the 2 models , xe1 vs xpro.

i am thinking of getting either one of them.

Last edited:

Both cameras are using the same sensor and same battery. Besides that, there are a long list of differences, from size to the wonderful OVF, etc.

I had both but sold my X-Pro1 as prefer the smaller size of X-E1. Seldom use the OVF of the X-Pro1, which is ironical since I am a M9P user who is used to the OVF of my M9P too.

So with all the differences between the two with XPro1 having slightly lesser res EVF but with better res LCD, and OVF etc, can one assume that they both still work the same with same speed and responsiveness when out shooting on the street?

Although i'll be using manual lenses solely which renders the OVF useless but the PC Sync port may be very useful for me. But few hundred more just for PC Sync is :/

Depends on your need. Sold my X-Pro1 before all the major drop in price in Australia, HK, etc. Considered that I don't need most of the additional functions of X-Pro1 compared to X-E1, it makes more sense for me to get a X-E1 for my needs.

If Fuji has created a X200 with exactly the same size and lens as X100 but with the sensor of X-Pro1 and X-E1, it would be my perfect choice. X-Pro1 is too big and really same size as my M9P so becomes a duplicate than complement. Loved the size and silent shutter of the Black X100, but the X-E1 has a much better sensor without AA filter, and size is in between the X-Pro1 and X100. Thus bought the black X-E1, which is as sexy as the black X100.

So with all the differences between the two with XPro1 having slightly lesser res EVF but with better res LCD, and OVF etc, can one assume that they both still work the same with same speed and responsiveness when out shooting on the street?

Although i'll be using manual lenses solely which renders the OVF useless but the PC Sync port may be very useful for me. But few hundred more just for PC Sync is :/

sold my xe-1 set. waiting for the zoom kit set.
:cool:

U got insider news when is it coming? :eek:

mid nov as everyone knows, so i suppose its this or next week. :X
too lazy to change len, hope the 18-55 do not disappoint! :D

irvinl said:
mid nov as everyone knows, so i suppose its this or next week. :X
too lazy to change len, hope the 18-55 do not disappoint! :D

Oo. Tot u haf d confirmation date. Haha

I will be buying these as a backup camera.

Difference in term of picture quality etc ? AF ? Low Light ?

Can't provide you accurate info as both had latest firmware upgrades and I only have X-E1 and not the X-Pro1.

For lowlight, picture quality, they seems exactly the same to me.

I will be buying these as a backup camera.

Difference in term of picture quality etc ? AF ? Low Light ?

have been eyeing the XE-1 for sometime, but not sure if i should sell off my Canon 60D to get it. 60D is a great camera but as i travel quite a lot, it's becoming too much of a weight to bring it around. especially so when i go trekking. Any advice from bros here who migrated from dSLR systems?

montage85 said:
have been eyeing the XE-1 for sometime, but not sure if i should sell off my Canon 60D to get it. 60D is a great camera but as i travel quite a lot, it's becoming too much of a weight to bring it around. especially so when i go trekking. Any advice from bros here who migrated from dSLR systems?

X-E1 is awesome. Haha

Hi I have 5D2 with L lens. Got a XE1 for light weight, great IQ and street when travelling.
But will keep my Canon for focal e.g 70 300mm and landscrape 17 40l at the moment.

I use both 60D and XE-1. Was contemplating selling of my 60D after I was blown away by the XE-1's IQ. After a month of use, I have decided to keep my 60D for the following reasons.

1)The AF on 60D is better in lowlight.
2)RAW conversion for 60D is more convenient, XE-1 RAW conversion is a tad more tedious. (I am using LR 4) and after pp in LR, I still find the out of camera Jpeg from Xe-1 to be better than LR4 (personal opinion).

then again,

1)XE-1 has better noise control.
2) Lighter and more compact

If you tend to shoot in low light, then you probably have to ask yourself which is more important to you, Noise Control or AF speed. Both are equally important to me, thus I am keeping both. :)))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.